Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Of course it makes a difference. There aren't always a variety of great entrees, and I am a very choosy eater. I do not want to be surprised to find that there is nothing I like, or care to eat, on the menu.

And don't forget how much many of us like to look at the menus and daydream about our upcoming trips!

KC

Absolutely riveting stuff as I'm booked on the Anthem in April.

Please give as much detail as possible about food and menus - I'm a real foodie and as a few have said we love to drool over the potential meals!!

In my case I have the added extra of thinking if it will be safe for me to eat as I have celiac disease (No gluten) and really can't risk some things. RCI have been brilliant on other ships, but the new Dynamic Dining makes me a bit more nervous. Worst case scenario is that I may eat at far fewer places I think, but I'm still glued to any reviews and pics of the food :)

So thanks for details posted so far, everyone!!

Hugs - Daisy xx

Hi Dennis, I heard of other people posting that their subscription was not working. I noticed in one of the emails I received that it was going to an old email address that I use occasionally even though I put in my current email address. So I did a little detective work and went to UserCP at the top and then edit email address and found that their it had my old email address. I changed it and then got an email that I had to click on the link to confirm the change. I hope this helps you or anyone else not getting the subscription.

See you in a little over a month! ;)

I was not able to subscribe so I am posting a reply in hopes that this will subscribe me.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, I heard of other people posting that their subscription was not working. I noticed in one of the emails I received that it was going to an old email address that I use occasionally even though I put in my current email address. So I did a little detective work and went to UserCP at the top and then edit email address and found that their it had my old email address. I changed it and then got an email that I had to click on the link to confirm the change. I hope this helps you or anyone else not getting the subscription.

See you in a little over a month! ;)

Thanks Diane,

After I sent my Post I was subscribed!!

Dennis

Joanna, just wondering if they are they still loading 3 drinks on your card each evening that you can use in various bars? That is if you don't want to go to the DL or CL.

Great review and pictures........thanks so much!

Yes, there are still three drinks loaded on like other ships.

This question may have already been asked but I'm going to ask again.....is there a Viking Crown Lounge or anything like it????

No Viking Crown Lounge, but there is Two70. In my opinion, I prefer it to the VCL.

I have a detailed recap drafted for the last 24 hours and another 100 or so pictures to upload. Won't have time tonight, but I'll add them in the morning.

Internet connection is getting a little bit better in the cabins. Workers were expanding coverage and testing signals earlier today.

So glad folks are finding all the information helpful!

This question may have already been asked but I'm going to ask again.....is there a Viking Crown Lounge or anything like it????

No venue like Viking Crown on other ships, but there are venues with expansive views of the sea.

Yes. There is a ramp for sure on the Starboard side. And I know this for an absolute fact as that ramp is also used to form part of the queue for the Northstar. So I stood on it for about an hour yesterday. lol. :D

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Tracy, thank you for your quick answers. I hope you enjoyed your ride on the NorthStar.

Enjoy your cruise, have one of those delicious looking decadent chocolate pastries for me.

Thanks for the pictures ! With a larger 82 sq ft balcony what type of chairs did you have ? Do you hang clothes in the closet next to the bed ?Thanks again! :D

Podgeandrodge: Do you mind sharing your cabin #? We have booked an E1 and the deck plan description states there is a sofa (not a sofabed) and not just one chair. Thanks!

podgeandrodge: Do these rooms even have a closet to clothes in?

Balcony pic as wide an angle as I could get:

85ca4d55ed5670d715d314e5db321495.jpg

Only one chair no sofabed in mine, 7654 by the way but it should be identical to 7658 and the others on deck 6.

2 closets as in earlier pic, one on each side of bed.

As mentioned before, I prefer the E1 to the D's but it's width versus length so each to their own.

In respect of size, I haven't got a tape, but the E1 excluding bathrooms is about 9 foot by 9 foot ie square room.

Bathroom:

fe22b1327c922dd9f7f481cd5a7b0f9a.jpg

d9ec1a4556571f9d052e5cb8918af9cc.jpg

Podgeandrodge: Thanks for confirming your cabin #. That is our cabin on the Dec 1st sailing and it is disappointing not to have a sofa. Just one more question please since it is obvious that Royal information is not accurate: can the bed be separated into twin beds or is it actually a double bed that belongs in the studio cabins? Thanks again.

Podgeandrodge: Thanks for confirming your cabin #. That is our cabin on the Dec 1st sailing and it is disappointing not to have a sofa. Just one more question please since it is obvious that Royal information is not accurate: can the bed be separated into twin beds or is it actually a double bed that belongs in the studio cabins? Thanks again.

Nextcruiseis, I think its able to go into twin beds. Not absolutely sure, but looks like 2 beds underneath, just don't want to pull them apart.

9c4ad3e7c5b8e1e5a8283e19c2057a95.jpgfede55c93ec48f2c5b52fcf193fac774.jpg

Thank you guys for such a great report. We are sailing on 1/23/15 for 10 nights. Just saw photos of the d2 rooms. If anyone is staying in 11172 please share photos of room and balcony. Looks small for 2 adults and 2 children. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums