Longest cruise

N2Mischief

How long is the longest you have spent at sea at one time, including back to back cruises? What did you like/not like about being at sea that long?

Our longest has been 15 day Panama, 15 day Hawaii, and 17 days total back to back Caribbean. We enjoyed all three and were not quite ready to come home.

This year we have booked 4 cruises back to back for a total of 28 days sailing. :eek:I am wondering if it will be too long, or if I am a true die hard and not ready to come home after.

2009 Queen Victoria 116 days

2012 Queen Elizabeth 96 days

1013 Queen Mary 2 120 days

2014 Queen Victoria 98 Days

2015 Insignia 180 Days

2016 Queen Elizabeth 120 days

We love long cruise.

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

94 day Queen Victoria World Voyage. Started in Ft Lauderdale, traveled around South America, sailed to Australia, New Zealand, then back across the Pacific to Hawaii, San Francisco, throuth the Panama Canal and bact to Ft Lauderdale. Many island stops along the way.

Don

She was a fantastic ship. There is nothing better than laying under the stars on a sailboat at night and watching the stars go by with just sail power and no engine noise.

Sadly, she was lost at sea during hurricane Mitch and all crew were lost after off loading the passengers. The ensuing lawsuits ended the Windjammer line.

I was friends with Captain Mike (the owner) and his kids. It was really one mans dream and a sad end to a wonderful story. I lost some good friends.

We did one Windjammer cruise, on the Legacy (?) I think, not the Fantome. I loved it with a passion, my husband a little less so because our room was so small. I was so sorry when we heard of the Fantome' fate, and her crew, and the demise of the line left a big hole in the true adventure of sailing. There is nothing left that compares, unless it is expensive boat charters.

Our longest is 17 days South America. We've also done several 14-15 days TA's, Panama Canal, & Hawaii. We've got to the stage where we will barely even consider anything under 10 days--too much hassle flying in for just one week.

I think I might get bored if much over three weeks, but am willing to try!

How long is the longest you have spent at sea at one time, including back to back cruises? What did you like/not like about being at sea that long?

Our longest has been 15 day Panama, 15 day Hawaii, and 17 days total back to back Caribbean. We enjoyed all three and were not quite ready to come home.

This year we have booked 4 cruises back to back for a total of 28 days sailing. :eek:I am wondering if it will be too long, or if I am a true die hard and not ready to come home after.

We book cruises at least 14 days to make airport hassle and flights worth it.

Our longest cruises were 33 days and 26 days. The 33 day was b2b2b from Dover England to Norway, Iceland, Faroes, Lerwick, Scotland, Ireland, then across the Atlantic to Western Caribbean. We loved every minute of it and wished we had also booked the Eastern Caribbean segment. We could easily have stayed aboard another week.

That was on NCL Sun in 2010.

Our 26 days was b2b, transatlantic from Copenhagen then full transit of Panama Canal. That was NCL Star last October.

We'e done several 15 day cruises: HAL round trip to HI from San Diego, Panama Canal transit besides the one mentioned, several transatlantics besides the two mentioned. We love sea days.

If you truly love cruising I don't think your 28 days will be too long, especially if the 4 itineraries are all different. We were blessed with friendly and helpful cabin stewards and crew. That really helped make the long cruises a delight.

Edited by NMLady

The four cruises encompass 3 ships, 1st on the Glory, second and third on The Breeze, and third on the Splendor. The last two the itineraries are the same but different ships. We plan on staying on board most of the time on the 4th.

On the first cruise some friends are meeting us, and on the third cruise my sister and BIL are joining. The rest are different itineraries, but we do repeat a few ports.

I think the super long cruises sound amazing!

I was on a 28 day cruise round trip from Los Angeles to Hawaii, Samoa, French Polynesia and Tahiti. We had eight days at sea from Tahiti to Los Angeles and there was plenty to do on the ship. Plus, I had my laptop computer with me and got a head start on editing the video clips that I had shot.

75 days on a HAL Grand Voyage ... every minute was great!

We've had two 35-days cruises ... and they seemed too short!

We have a 28-day booked next August, and are planning another Grand Voyage in 2016, probably another 70=80 days!

We'll never do less than 14 days again!

And I would LOVE to do a World Cruise ... am working on Mr Chew to agree to spend the time & money!

We did a B2B 31 day cruise of South America in March on the Golden Princess. We did enjoy it, but agreed the we prefer cruises of 21 days better.

The best part was the cruise ended in Los Angeles so we did not have to fly home.

Here is the link to our trip story:

http://stevekathytravels.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/southamerica2014.pdf

This is the list of things we took:

3 clocks-2 for bedside tables-1 for sofa area

Unbreakable wine glasses

Nook/Kindle loaded with books + chargers

Lysol #3 spray to disinfect cabin

Bonine (meclazine)

Imodium

Cold medications

Broad spectrum antibiotics

Belkin surge suppressor-3 outlets+2 USB ports

Binoculars

Scotch magic tape to tape things to mirror

Itinerary one page calendar

Flashlights

Plan view of decks from cruise brochure

Swiss army knife, Leatherman, corkscrew

Night light for bathroom

Spare prescription glasses

This is a list of things we requested:

Kleenex for sofa area

Large Ice bucket

2 daily programs (Princess Patter or equivalent)

Extra waste basket for sofa area

Small tray for carrying snacks back to cabin

Top sheet for under duvet

Egg crate mattress pad

Pitcher for ice tea

Shot glass (from bar)

Mugs for morning coffee (from buffet)

Silver wine package 12 bottles (dining room)

10 Day Southern Itinerary on the Star Princess. I won $25,000 on a slot machine the first night of the cruise .... the rest of the cruise was a dreamy haze of spa massages, top flight excursions and shopping trips. Best cruise ever!

That cruise was also the one that convinced me that 7 day vacations are not long enough. I did find by the end of the 12th day (we stayed another 2 days in Lauderdale) I was VERY ready to go home.

So ideal length for me is 9 - 12 days.

If you're ever doing a cruise to Alaska, the best port to start from is Southampton. 72 nights, it was. And if the captain had said as we were going up the Channel on the last night that we had to go round again, I would have cheered.

We have done a couple of B2B's and I would love to have been gone on longer ones but the cost just gets to be too much for us. Since I never thought I would ever go on a cruise at all I consider myself lucky to have done what I have done.

The othe thing is we seemed to have received a cat 2 yrs. ago and have trouble getting someone to look after him so too long a cruise won't work right now.

tigercat

We have done a couple of B2B's and I would love to have been gone on longer ones but the cost just gets to be too much for us. Since I never thought I would ever go on a cruise at all I consider myself lucky to have done what I have done.

The othe thing is we seemed to have received a cat 2 yrs. ago and have trouble getting someone to look after him so too long a cruise won't work right now.

tigercat

Me too!