Beverage packages?

Granny pants

Only the $56/day (with tip) packager would include bottles of sparkling H20.

Most likely better off just buying the H20 when you want to consume it.

An 11oz Perrier is about $3.05 with tip.

Definitely not paying $56 per day, particularly when I don't drink alcohol.

Club soda on the ukp makes a good substitute for sparkling water.
I was thinking that Club Soda would work... I know I can buy the 6 for 5 package, but what is the cost of the cans one at a time? ...and I hate to seem like a dummy, but what is "the ukp"? I'm sure it's obvious, but I'm not seeing it... nevermind. Searched and found that it stands for "Ultimate Kids Package" which has now renamed Ultimate Soda & More Package...so that's $8.05 per day... so three Perrier's per day would make it worth buying.

Thanks for the help, y'all!

I was thinking that Club Soda would work... I know I can buy the 6 for 5 package, but what is the cost of the cans one at a time? ...and I hate to seem like a dummy, but what is "the ukp"? I'm sure it's obvious, but I'm not seeing it... nevermind. Searched and found that it stands for "Ultimate Kids Package" which has now renamed Ultimate Soda & More Package...so that's $8.05 per day... so three Perrier's per day would make it worth buying.

About $2 a can/bottle

UKP does not include cans/bottles, only what is dispensed from a soda hose.

As stated earlier, Perrier or equivalent is only included in the $56/day package.

Check out this spread sheet, add about $1 for price increases.......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&highlight=all+inclusive

Thanks Colo Cruiser, I'll add $2 to allow for currency fluctuations, being Australian, the AUD isn't too strong if I remember correctly. Am planning to calculate what I'm likely to drink including soda, Mocktails and Cocktails, and start "saving" fortnightly towards gifting myself On Board Credit to cover Drinks, souvenirs, Speciality Dining, Gifts and chocolates.

Crochetcruise :cool:

• 1 month later...

Sailing on Princess for the first time in almost 12 years and I am curious about the beverage plan. Is there a time limit between purchases? I know on Carnival you had to wait 5 minutes between each drink. Just curious as my hubby usually likes to get 2 beers at a time and put one in a bucket of ice so he doesn't have to get up from his lounge chair as much! LOL:D

Edited by deew0424

Sailing on Princess for the first time in almost 12 years and I am curious about the beverage plan. Is there a time limit between purchases? I know on Carnival you had to wait 5 minutes between each drink. Just curious as my hubby usually likes to get 2 beers at a time and put one in a bucket of ice so he doesn't have to get up from his lounge chair as much! LOL:D

One at a time. The exception may be one beer and one water...

One at a time. The exception may be one beer and one water...

Righto - we've never had an issue getting water with any alcohol order on the AI sticker. But overall, I think he can figure out how to get the deck staff to keep his bucket full :')

• 5 months later...

would rather just pay the daily rate and get whatever I want, then have to think about it.

I drink coffee in the morning, water during the day (bottles are good, especially in port) and I'm always good for a few drink before, during and after dinner. I find it to be a good deal.

Always get the kids the unlimited package and that's probably not as worth it, Princess makes money on us with that, but again, I don't want the kids to have to worry about what they get.

My suggestion to you is to NOT prepay for the beverage package and buy it when you board the ship. They will be right there in your face so no need to miss buying it. The reason I say this is because the last time we had the beverage package, I had pre-bought it and then they were offering a "discount" of the first day for FREE when you bought it on board... hell, that's a hundred bucks.... took me four days to hunt down the proper F&B manager to get my account credited.

You've been warned..... ;-))

I always ask the room stewart to remove all things from the fridge on day 1. Also print out my expense report daily to make sure there are no errors - sometimes you get charged for a drink in error - never had a problem getting that corrected. yes although you sign for drinks, sometimes they do not bother for water or coffee - I get both every morning. No problem. Some bars will let you run a small tab once they get to know you - if you are in the same place for a few days in a row. But always clear it before you go to dinner or bed.

And always get a drink and take it to the dinning room, they can be a little slow to get your drink because they are so busy with food orders, same with some shows.

Be aware if you use your fridge, they may fill it for the next voyage on the last night, and lock it again - I take all my stuff = pop/water out that night and put in a drawer so they do not remove it.

Be aware if you use your fridge, they may fill it for the next voyage on the last night, and lock it again - I take all my stuff = pop/water out that night and put in a drawer so they do not remove it.

There are no locks on the Fridge on a Princess ship.

That would suck if there were locks on the fridge, but I seem to recall we need to request the fridge get emptied when we arrive....
There is no need to request that the fridge be emptied. Before we were Elite we just took the few cans of soda and bottle of water out of the fridge and put them behind the TV or on the closet shelf.

If you do want the fridge emptied don't ask your steward to do it. Room Service is responsible for the contents of the fridge and you should call them.

There is no need to request that the fridge be emptied. Before we were Elite we just took the few cans of soda and bottle of water out of the fridge and put them behind the TV or on the closet shelf.

If you do want the fridge emptied don't ask your steward to do it. Room Service is responsible for the contents of the fridge and you should call them.

Thanks for explaining that. Room service it is. I need every inch of space on the shelves. We have 4 family members in one room! :eek:

would rather just pay the daily rate and get whatever I want, then have to think about it.

I drink coffee in the morning, water during the day (bottles are good, especially in port) and I'm always good for a few drink before, during and after dinner. I find it to be a good deal.

Always get the kids the unlimited package and that's probably not as worth it, Princess makes money on us with that, but again, I don't want the kids to have to worry about what they get.

Hi Jenny,

Princess may make money with those 'sodas n more' cards on your kids, but they certainly don't on mine. 2 ice cream shakes and 1 soda already gets the job done, but I know my kids are having way more than that!

Hi Jenny,

Princess may make money with those 'sodas n more' cards on your kids, but they certainly don't on mine. 2 ice cream shakes and 1 soda already gets the job done, but I know my kids are having way more than that!

Were you able to get shakes on your cruise as we didn't have them included on our Ultimate Soda Deal? (Are icecream shakes the same as milkshakes?)

Were you able to get shakes on your cruise as we didn't have them included on our Ultimate Soda Deal? (Are icecream shakes the same as milkshakes?)

I haven't sailed in 2 years (then it was called the UKP - Ultimate Kid's Package) but now the 'sodas n more' card is the equivalent. I am guessing that you had the sodas only package. The middle drink package that costs $8.05 per day includes milkshakes, juices, and mocktails (virgin pina coladas, daiquiris, etc). I think that there are 2 Princess ships that don't serve shakes, but on the ones that do, it is included. Ice cream shakes are milkshakes. They scoop up the ice cream right in front of you. Usually the choices are vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. On one ship, I was even able to get caramel shakes.

I haven't sailed in 2 years (then it was called the UKP - Ultimate Kid's Package) but now the 'sodas n more' card is the equivalent. I am guessing that you had the sodas only package. The middle drink package that costs $8.05 per day includes milkshakes, juices, and mocktails (virgin pina coladas, daiquiris, etc). I think that there are 2 Princess ships that don't serve shakes, but on the ones that do, it is included. Ice cream shakes are milkshakes. They scoop up the ice cream right in front of you. Usually the choices are vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. On one ship, I was even able to get caramel shakes.
I believe that the Pacific, Ocean, Royal and Regal are the ships that don't offer milkshakes. No ice cream bar on the little ships and no mixer? on the two new ships.

We are just back 3 weeks ago from a cruise on the Sun and my husband had the Ultimate Soda and More Deal with mocktails, juice, sodas etc. On the sheet we had to sign, it says in bold letters "Does not include milkshakes" - not sure what policy is on other ships.

We are just back 3 weeks ago from a cruise on the Sun and my husband had the Ultimate Soda and More Deal with mocktails, juice, sodas etc. On the sheet we had to sign, it says in bold letters "Does not include milkshakes" - not sure what policy is on other ships.

Bummer on no shakes. We were on the Star princess last Christmas and their ice cream bar was very minimal.

Luckily my kids don't really look for shakes. It's not something they go out of their way to get. They love dessert though, so they love the International café every morning and sometimes at night.

They get their fair share of virgin pina coladas and sodas at dinner. It works, and I'm perfectly OK with them getting the drink package. In the end I prepay it and don't worry about that during the cruise. :)