New Celebrity promotion 11-5-2014

kk99

Does anyone see a trend to all inclusive pricing by the inclusion of grats, drinks etc., in this latest promotion?

I've been suggesting for about a year that I see celebrity going all inclusive.

I thought I had read an interview someplace last year where they said they were carefully considering the all-inclusive benefits of Azamara and how to extend them over to Celebrity.

Other lines have been experimenting with the all inclusive fares, I think recently I got some email from NCL for example about a limited time offering, but it had a higher cabin fare too, of course, versus booking just cabin.

Thanks...my eyesight is still good enough that I was able to read the fine print with the help of my glasses and a magnifying glass. :D

Not sure how many people know this trick, but I'm on a Mac, and can just press [COMMAND][+] multiple times to increase my font size, and then [COMMAND][-] to make it smaller again for these things. This has made reading the fine print soooo much simpler as my close in sight is starting to wain as I, ahem, 'mature'. :D

I think similar works on PC's, also go to the Menu bar in your browser, and find the VOEW menu, an likely there is a way to increase and reduce font sizes too, depending on browser being used.

Not sure how many people know this trick, but I'm on a Mac, and can just press [COMMAND][+] multiple times to increase my font size, and then [COMMAND][-] to make it smaller again for these things. This has made reading the fine print soooo much simpler as my close in sight is starting to wain as I, ahem, 'mature'. :D

I think similar works on PC's, also go to the Menu bar in your browser, and find the VOEW menu, an likely there is a way to increase and reduce font sizes too, depending on browser being used.

I use that same trick with anything viewable on my computer:)

Still wish Celebrity would use better contrast on their printed materials. The new "Introducing Celebrity's new Suite Class experience" brochure that was given to me on Summit has very poor legibility. The type face is in light gray.

Jane

To see if this promotion can be applied to my current 02/2016 Constellation booking. I sure hope I don't get a 'no' since so many have posted it was possible for them. It's a Caribbean cruise so it's not on the list of 'does not apply to' cruises. It would save me a bundle but I don't know if the promotion application would cause any negative financial impact. Stay tuned.....:rolleyes:

Edited by 1cruiselvr

To see if this promotion can be applied to my current 02/2016 Constellation booking. I sure hope I don't get a 'no' since so many have posted it was possible for them. It's a Caribbean cruise so it's not on the list of 'does not apply to' cruises. It would save me a bundle but I don't know if the promotion application would cause any negative financial impact. Stay tuned.....:rolleyes:

You can quickly check this online by doing a search for your sail date and cabin category (if category is still available). That will show you current price which you need to compare with your booking price to see if "rebooking" with current offer is cost-effective.

Jane

We just received this additional

offer in an email:

Since only the text is pasting in below, here is a link to the offer on web:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/deals-and-departures?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20661529&rid=301118463&mes=Celebrity%20Deals%20and%20Departures%20AL%20EU%20CA%20110714%20EM&emsc=CPRUSARSPDR0YEM&empf=Y&emct=&lnkid=SPECIALS-DLS_LM

Additional guests in your stateroom sail free or up to 50% off —and enjoy our 123go! ALL INCLUSIVE offer

Third and fourth guests in your stateroom sail for less...FREE in the Caribbean, and up to 50% off in Alaska and Europe. Each will also receive a Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package and a 40-minute Internet Package.*

Plus, combine it with our popular

123go! ALL INCLUSIVE offer for incredible value:

Book ocean view or veranda, choose one offer in Alaska and the Caribbean, two offers in Europe. Book Concierge Class or above and get ALL three offers.

Doubt this combines with 'cruise now' on board bookings. The on board bookings are supposed to be combinable with one other offer (like 123 go! All Inclusive).

All these over-lapping offers must drive the cruise/travel agents insane! Celebrity's customer service and barely functional website are really going to be stressed! :eek:

Jane

You can quickly check this online by doing a search for your sail date and cabin category (if category is still available). That will show you current price which you need to compare with your booking price to see if "rebooking" with current offer is cost-effective.

Jane

Was able to get the 123goAll Inclusive added to my booking. I am so excited!!! Seems too good to be true, right? Anyway, now that I have the classic beverage package, is that for one person only or both persons booked on the reservation?

Was able to get the 123goAll Inclusive added to my booking. I am so excited!!! Seems too good to be true, right? Anyway, now that I have the classic beverage package, is that for one person only or both persons booked on the reservation?

It's for the First 2 passengers on the booking :)

Congratulations!

Jane

We just received this additional offer in an email:

Since only the text is pasting in below, here is a link to the offer on web:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/deals-and-departures?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20661529&rid=301118463&mes=Celebrity%20Deals%20and%20Departures%20AL%20EU%20CA%20110714%20EM&emsc=CPRUSARSPDR0YEM&empf=Y&emct=&lnkid=SPECIALS-DLS_LM

Doubt this combines with 'cruise now' on board bookings. The on board bookings are supposed to be combinable with one other offer (like 123 go! All Inclusive).

All these over-lapping offers must drive the cruise/travel agents insane! Celebrity's customer service and barely functional website are really going to be stressed! :eek:

Jane

I got really excited when I saw this! The wording makes it sound like the 3rd and 4th is free on all Caribbean cruises. However, it's actually only a few. Wouldn't you know it, but my cruise misses the mark by one week. :mad:

I used to use this trick, but have forgotten how on my PC. :(

I got really excited when I saw this! The wording makes it sound like the 3rd and 4th is free on all Caribbean cruises. However, it's actually only a few. Wouldn't you know it, but my cruise misses the mark by one week. :mad:

I used to use this trick, but have forgotten how on my PC. :(

On a regular keyboard and mouse with middle roll wheel, just hold down the [ctrl] button while rolling the ball on your mouse and it will enlarge what's on your screen. Rolling up enlarges, down makes it smaller, although who needs that.:D

On another subject, how long before I get to see the bev package on my booking and where do I see it?

Edited by 1cruiselvr

Thanks Curt!!!

Just tried it and it works great! :D

On a regular keyboard and mouse with middle roll wheel, just hold down the [ctrl] button while rolling the ball on your mouse and it will enlarge what's on your screen. Rolling up enlarges, down makes it smaller, although who needs that.:D

On another subject, how long before I get to see the bev package on my booking and where do I see it?

Thanks, that works!

My Beverage Pkg. showed up right away.

I was able to convert my Wave promo to the new all-inclusive one yesterday, picking up free gratuities and an extra $300 OBC. I also kept the discounted rate and additional OBC that my TA originally offered. I'm one happy dude! I'm so thankful I did it yesterday as prices on my cruise went up $100pp today.

I got really excited when I saw this! The wording makes it sound like the 3rd and 4th is free on all Caribbean cruises. However, it's actually only a few. Wouldn't you know it, but my cruise misses the mark by one week.

:(

Sorry that I didn't paste in all the fine print at the bottom of the offer on the web page. Pasting in below for future reference (bolding is mine)

* Prices are per person, cruise only, for stateroom category 12. Offer is valid for new individual select Caribbean, Alaska, Europe cruises departing Feb - Oct. 2015. Cruise must be booked Nov. 7 - 21, 2014.

Prices and offers are applicable to new individual bookings that are made during the offer period, subject to availability, capacity controlled, subject to change without notice, may be withdrawn at any time, not combinable with any other offer or promotion, except 123GO offer. Inside staterooms are not applicable for 123GO offer. Offer provides for free to reduced cruise fare of third and fourth passengers in a triple or quad occupancy stateroom booking, applicable to interior, ocean view, veranda, and suite staterooms. Each guest must provide date of birth at the time of booking. All other charges, including, but not limited to, government taxes, and fees, are not included in Offer. To redeem offer, book online at celebritycruises.com, contact your travel agent, or call Celebrity Cruises at 1-877-812-4739 and mention your promo code. Visit celebritycruises.com for full terms and conditions of 123go! offers.

123go! All Inclusive Offer: In addition to the standard cruise, the Offer provides each of the first two guests in a Concierge Class or higher Qualifying Booking with all three of the options described below. Standard 123go! Offer provides ocean view and veranda stateroom bookings on European sailings with guest's choice of any two of the following options and one of these options for all other sailings: Classic Beverage Package, Free Gratuities, or a stateroom onboard credit ("OBC"). OBC amounts vary as follows: Concierge Class and higher - $200 for 3-5 night sailings and $300 for 6-night and longer sailings, and ocean view and higher sailings - $100 for 3-5 nights, $200 for 6-9 nights, and $300 for 10-nights and longer. One OBC per stateroom. Third and higher guests booked in a triple or higher Qualifying Booking stateroom each receive one 40-minute Internet package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Free Gratuities provides prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity's guidelines. OBC is not redeemable for cash and expires on final night of the cruise. Specialty dining packages are additional, include one or more dinners in each specialty restaurant, and vary by sailing. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability.

Guests in ocean view and veranda staterooms must select the same option(s), notify Celebrity of the selected option(s) at the time of booking and provide the applicable promo code: BEV123go for Beverage, GR123go for Gratuities and OBC123go for OBC; EUBEVOB123go for Europe OBC & Beverage, EUBEVGR123go for Europe Beverage & Gratuities, or EUOBGR123go for Europe OBC & Gratuities. No promo code required for 123go! All Inclusive Offer.

All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offers exclude interior staterooms. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offers are subject to availability and change without notice, and are capacity controlled. Refer to the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

Edited by JaneStarr

Just to be clear, you have to get repriced at current rates if you want the current "all-inclusive" promo, correct?

I guess if your cruise pricing has changed since booked....mine was still the same so no difference. Each person has to decide if rebooking at current rates make it worthwhile to get the promotion added. My cruise is in 2016 so pricing was still the same since I booked.

I guess if your cruise pricing has changed since booked....mine was still the same so no difference. Each person has to decide if rebooking at current rates make it worthwhile to get the promotion added. My cruise is in 2016 so pricing was still the same since I booked.

That is the crux of the offer, it will vary with each cruise and even cabin class.:D

Thanks! Yeah, mine is in Feb 2015 & I realized I didn't book CC, so to upgrade would be a huge fee & not worth it. Sailing on the Serenade in a few weeks, so I'll book something then.

My cruise is in 2016 as well; it was a short 5 day trip and I had booked Aqua Class. I had my TA convert it to the new promo the day before yesterday at the same price. I noticed this morning that the price for Aqua class went up $100 per person overnight. The funny part is that Concierge Class was actually running $50 more than an Aqua Class.

Everytime I check, prices have changed, today was actually for the better. Yesterday I compared the 123 all inclusive (Bev, OBC and Grat) to what I booked beginning of Oct. Oct 1st, booked a 1B with 3rd person discount and free Bev, yesterday checked what it would be to upgrade to a CC and found prices of cabins went up and no discount for 3rd person, today cabins up even more but 3rd person was free - although it cost to upgrade to a C2 - by the time I factor in free grat for 2, 300 OBC and free non-alcohol pkg for 3rd person (all which I will use), I come out 75.00 ahead. To compare you need all your calculations ready when you call as with all the combinations can get very confusing.

Where do I find it? So far, my reservation on X's website looks the same. :confused:

In a column to the right of the page.

Just to be clear, you have to get repriced at current rates if you want the current "all-inclusive" promo, correct?

Yes