Can I get a "hook up" on the Grandeur of the Seas?

Sailing with a group in August with many different ages. Usually like a bit larger ship with slides at pools for the kids. I am a little concerned with this and wondering if there are cable/hook ups in the cabins, if we brought a Wii game system to keep in one of our room, just to give the kids "extra" things to do on sea days. Has anyone sailed with kids on this ship that can give me some input? Not liking the reviews I am reading so far :(

what age are the children? Reviewes I have read are saying that kiddos enjoy Adventrue Ocean so much parents have a hard time getting them to leave.....

we are sailing granduer in April 2016 and I have no reservations about my children having a good time without technology :)

Is anyone in your group staying in a suite? If so, there is a play station in the room (I think it is a PS3??). You get the controller from the concierge. We use it to play movies and always bring 10 or so with us for watching and relaxing.

Hope that helps.

Carnac.jpg

I predict there will be many future posters more than willing to offer parenting advice on the use of gaming consoles on a cruise.

Lol! Here it goes

Please please dont play video games on a cruise..lThere is lots to do.Just get the kids outside..I wouldnt even think about a gaming console for my 11 and 7 yr olds cruising.They get too much of that imo when home.Ok my two cents,take it ir leave it.Enjoy your cruise though!

Why do you think they are so interested in keeping the kiddies occupied?

Note to the OP - Many laptops will accept a video-in signal from a game machine.

I have yet to see ONE laptop with a video input signal. :confused: I've worked with various brands (HP, Dell, Lenovo) over the last 7-10 years.

Many laptops have video OUT signals to hook up an external monitor though.

Carnac.jpg

I predict there will be many future posters more than willing to offer parenting advice on the use of gaming consoles on a cruise.

Great post. It would be funny, if it wasn't so true.:eek:

One piece of parenting advice. If you can't get a game console hooked up don't let the kids play online games on your smartphone. There was a news story last year about a boy who racked up a data roaming bill of $22,000 while on vacation by playing online games on his dad's cell.:eek:

I guess that was more Financial Planning than parenting advise.

Edited by DirtyDawg

There has been a change, from what I can tell, for in cabin hookups. My last 2 cruises, Brilliance and Navigator, allowed for HDMI access via "channel 3" without a need for a universal remote. Played my ps3.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Sailing with a group in August with many different ages. Usually like a bit larger ship with slides at pools for the kids. I am a little concerned with this and wondering if there are cable/hook ups in the cabins, if we brought a Wii game system to keep in one of our room, just to give the kids "extra" things to do on sea days. Has anyone sailed with kids on this ship that can give me some input? Not liking the reviews I am reading so far :(

There is a Wii system set up in the Schooner Bar on the Grandeur!!!