Oasis Hilo Deck

sealover61

As Diamond members, how does it work to go out on the Hilo deck for Sail a ways? From home port or from one of the stops. Maybe they don't do this anymore IDK

Hilo is in Hawaii. I assume that you mean "helo" deck, as in: helicopter. Yes?

This area is off-limits to passengers, except under controlled circumstances.

The ship holds special events, like a sailaway party for upper tiers of C&A, and a suite party, too.

By invitation only.

:)

It would be by invitation only for a Diamond Event sail away.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well, actually they moved our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet out to the helicopter pad when we sailed on Oasis last May. However, it was in the Caribbean at 1 p.m. and very hot!

Well, actually they moved our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet out to the helicopter pad when we sailed on Oasis last May. However, it was in the Caribbean at 1 p.m. and very hot!

That's pretty neat. Meet & Greet's are still an invitation only event. Nice and unusual that the ship decided to do that.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Helipad on Freedom Class ships ( Independence, Freedom, Liberty ) are accessible to all pax.

Deck 4 portside (smoking deck) has a stairway near the front of the ship. just climb up and keep walking and you're there.

Helipad on Freedom, Radiance and Voyager class ships are all accessible to passengers (weather permitting) and either side of the outside promenade deck will get you there.

Unfortunately that wasn't the OP's question... :rolleyes:

Helipad on Freedom, Radiance and Voyager class ships are all accessible to passengers (weather permitting) and either side of the outside promenade deck will get you there.

Unfortunately that wasn't the OP's question... :rolleyes:

Well the question got answered, now we are expanding the topic. No worries

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Correct -

Western

Weather permitting they hold the Labadee sail away from the front deck. (Top tier party) The captain noted that the lower front ocean view cabins do not enjoy having people looking into their rooms.

Eastern - no front sail away on our trip.

Then they should close their curtains just like the folks in Promenade, Central Park, and Boardwalk rooms.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Well the question got answered, now we are expanding the topic. No worries

The question was about Oasis, but why do responders keep referring to other ships for comparison. The OP was asking about sailaway on Oasis. That is an entirely different animal. :p

We were invited to the helipad for sailaway from St Maarten earlier this year.

Good to know. I've heard many reviews that included the sailaway from Labadee. I won't plan on it, but it will be a nice event if it does happen. Just went to my first one on Jewel Leaving Barbados. The Oasis class has the only bow deck that I haven't been on.

On the new Port Nassau webcam http://www.portnassauwebcam.com I have watched OASIS sail away and people on the bow for the sail away party

In all my sailing on OASIS this is where I have had the pleasure of the sail away party on the eastern itinerary

These captures were from Nov 2/14 sailing

10730858_10152517999011693_5350860830755724465_n.jpg?oh=0e718b186eb64e358210d15260146a7d&oe=551A6675&__gda__=1427937230_7c2c907fa91341e1c72b3e4555623c25

1557306_10152517999016693_7975104264209809184_o.jpg

The question was about Oasis, but why do responders keep referring to other ships for comparison. The OP was asking about sailaway on Oasis. That is an entirely different animal. :p

Touche, but knowing helicopter deck on radiance, voyager, and freedom is good knowledge to share

I just re-read the OP's message and that isn't clear he has 3 different cruise scheduled in the next 500 days with only one being Oasis. Unsolicted volunteer moderators just add more off topic messages.

I just re-read the OP's message and that isn't clear he has 3 different cruise scheduled in the next 500 days with only one being Oasis. Unsolicted volunteer moderators just add more off topic messages.

Title says Oasis

BTW, tahqa was paraphrasing a response I made earlier today, so I am probably guilty of volunteer moderator as well. :o

Edited by John&LaLa
damn auto-correct