Mitsugirly's extensive back to belly sun & sky review

mitsugirly

IT CAN NOT BE FIXED. Once you post something, you only have XXX amount of minutes to correct something. I was informed way after that. Nothing can be done.

If there is something you would like to have removed, you can email the moderators and they will do it for you. Or what about deleting that photo from your hosting site - then it won't display on your post.

Thanks. I really didn't have a choice. I refuse to let it take me down. Now if I would have lost the entire ring...that might have been a different story. :p

I'm just replacing the diamond that fell out of the middle. It will be good as new once that's done.

I just don't get the whole pizza issue either. It makes no sense. But then again...neither does the hockey puck biscuits they have on every ship. How can they not get biscuits right???

I also lost the diamond in my ring once. I had just quit a job I loved to stay home with our first child, so we had NO money to pay for a new diamond, so I replaced it with a cubic zirconia. They make them so nice now that you can't tell (as long as you go with a reputable place to get it). I also decided to go with a bigger diamond, hehe...

The pizza thing reminds me of my last cruise on RCL. I tried the cheesecake in the MDR and in the buffet and it was terrible. They had a festival the last sea day with all kinds of sampler foods. The cheesecake at the festival was delicious and unlike any of the other cheesecakes I had tried throughout the cruise. I could not figure that one out!!

Loving your review!!!

I just cannot imagine someone stealing your door decor!!!!! How could they be so bold to hang it on their door for you to find????? I am glad you have it back for your scrapbook. :)

I had a bite of my niece's delivery pizza once on the Star and it was good. I guess it is hit and miss. I don't remember it being loaded with that much cheese though.

I saw the discussion at the gate that you had to go through. :mad: I was at least a gate down, standing up talking to my daughter on the phone and was very distracted watching you (from the back) and wondering what was up. I was relieved to finally see you board. :D

Well, I can't wait to hear about the Sky and Sakari's surprise!

I just finished reading your review of the Getaway - since I'm going on that ship in May. I can answer your question about the "whipped topping" that you loved so much. I am 99% certain that it is Marshmallow Creme (AKA Marshmallow Fluff.) The tip off was when you said you thought it had powdered sugar in it and also the photo of the slice of cake that was frosted with it. There are only so many things that can be used for frosting and Marshmallow Creme is one of them. It has a glossy appearance like the piece of cake in the photo compared to buttercream which has a more matte appearance. The cruise line would want to use this product for frosting because is is inexpensive compared to other types of frosting. There are several brands available:

Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme

Fluff

Solo Marshmallow Creme

Smuckers

Koldkiss Marshmallow Creme

Ricemellow Marshmallow Creme (vegan)

Parade Marshmallow Creme

There are also some sugar free versions available.

Walden Farms makes a Marshmallow Dip that is not only sugar free, it is also calorie free.

These products are easy to find in most grocery stores and online.

There is another version that can be made using Wilton Meringue Powder:

http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/849204/7283374.aspx#7283374

You can probably figure out the exact brand that NCL uses by knowing what brand of ketchup they carry on the ship - they would probably use the marshmallow creme that was owned by the same food conglomerate.

Alternatively, you could make your own - this is a easy recipe:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Candy/MarshmallowFluff.htm

Marshmallow fluff is a very versatile product. You can add things to Marshmallow fluff such as flavorings (chocolate or strawberry, for example) and make it into other things such as this recipe for Marshmallow buttercream frosting:

http://www.food.com/recipe/marshmallow-buttercream-frosting-60062

Anyway, this is probably way more than you wanted to know about Marshmallow Creme/Fluff but now that you know what it is, you can buy some and use it for Christmas or whatever.

PS: This is also what NCL is probably using in the cheesecake that makes it have the different texture.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

I was thinking about your lost diamond last night when I couldn't sleep.

Did you ever call the cruise line since you've returned? Might there be a chance that someone found it when cleaning prior to the next group boarding....or someone in the next group who boarded found it and turned it in?

Harriet

Kim, Where do you keep your cruise card when you're on the ship? I was wondering if you keep it in a pocket or purse that you have to reach into to get the card out - something where your ring might rub against the fabric - might your diamond be in a pocket or something? Even, if the clothes have gone through the wash, the diamond could still be in there.

I also lost the diamond in my ring once. I had just quit a job I loved to stay home with our first child, so we had NO money to pay for a new diamond, so I replaced it with a cubic zirconia. They make them so nice now that you can't tell (as long as you go with a reputable place to get it). I also decided to go with a bigger diamond, hehe...

The pizza thing reminds me of my last cruise on RCL. I tried the cheesecake in the MDR and in the buffet and it was terrible. They had a festival the last sea day with all kinds of sampler foods. The cheesecake at the festival was delicious and unlike any of the other cheesecakes I had tried throughout the cruise. I could not figure that one out!!

Loving your review!!!

I use to stop at O'Sheehans/Blue Lagoon every night just for a piece of cheesecake. Now they don't even have it on the menu on the last couple of cruises I've been on. I was able to get it in the MDR once this last cruise and was in heaven!

I just cannot imagine someone stealing your door decor!!!!! How could they be so bold to hang it on their door for you to find????? I am glad you have it back for your scrapbook. :)

I had a bite of my niece's delivery pizza once on the Star and it was good. I guess it is hit and miss. I don't remember it being loaded with that much cheese though.

I saw the discussion at the gate that you had to go through. :mad: I was at least a gate down' date=' standing up talking to my daughter on the phone and was very distracted watching you (from the back) and wondering what was up. I was relieved to finally see you board. :D

Well, I can't wait to hear about the Sky and Sakari's surprise!

[/size']

LOL, I didn't realize you guys were in the same area. :p

I'm going to try to get a bunch of the pictures done and downloaded before starting the review. Hopefully that will be a little easier to keep it going.

I just finished reading your review of the Getaway - since I'm going on that ship in May. I can answer your question about the "whipped topping" that you loved so much. I am 99% certain that it is Marshmallow Creme (AKA Marshmallow Fluff.) The tip off was when you said you thought it had powdered sugar in it and also the photo of the slice of cake that was frosted with it. There are only so many things that can be used for frosting and Marshmallow Creme is one of them. It has a glossy appearance like the piece of cake in the photo compared to buttercream which has a more matte appearance. The cruise line would want to use this product for frosting because is is inexpensive compared to other types of frosting. There are several brands available:

Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme

Fluff

Solo Marshmallow Creme

Smuckers

Koldkiss Marshmallow Creme

Ricemellow Marshmallow Creme (vegan)

Parade Marshmallow Creme

There are also some sugar free versions available.

Walden Farms makes a Marshmallow Dip that is not only sugar free, it is also calorie free.

These products are easy to find in most grocery stores and online.

There is another version that can be made using Wilton Meringue Powder:

http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/849204/7283374.aspx#7283374

You can probably figure out the exact brand that NCL uses by knowing what brand of ketchup they carry on the ship - they would probably use the marshmallow creme that was owned by the same food conglomerate.

Alternatively, you could make your own - this is a easy recipe:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Candy/MarshmallowFluff.htm

Marshmallow fluff is a very versatile product. You can add things to Marshmallow fluff such as flavorings (chocolate or strawberry, for example) and make it into other things such as this recipe for Marshmallow buttercream frosting:

http://www.food.com/recipe/marshmallow-buttercream-frosting-60062

Anyway, this is probably way more than you wanted to know about Marshmallow Creme/Fluff but now that you know what it is, you can buy some and use it for Christmas or whatever.

PS: This is also what NCL is probably using in the cheesecake that makes it have the different texture.

I LOVE YOU!!! <3

You just answered all of my dreams. :D I'm giving this a try and yep, I know exactly what the marshmallow cream is and have seen it plenty of times. I'm so excited. (But I do have to say THIS cruise did NOT have the same cream on it! :( I noticed right away.)

I was thinking about your lost diamond last night when I couldn't sleep.

Did you ever call the cruise line since you've returned? Might there be a chance that someone found it when cleaning prior to the next group boarding....or someone in the next group who boarded found it and turned it in?

Harriet

I did not call after we returned. I did go down to customer service (after one of the crew members talked me into over and over) and they totally thought we were weird with the request. Nothing was turned in and honestly I don't think if anyone found it they would. :cool:

Kim, Where do you keep your cruise card when you're on the ship? I was wondering if you keep it in a pocket or purse that you have to reach into to get the card out - something where your ring might rub against the fabric - might your diamond be in a pocket or something? Even, if the clothes have gone through the wash, the diamond could still be in there.

I have a small pocket purse with a really long strap on it that I use everywhere I go. However, I hang it to the right and reach in with that hand (and I only realized this while cruise this time around because the right hand is the one that had the diamond ring on it that was already lose so I always did it gentle and checked the stone every time after that). I have already checked it...then checked it again, and a few more times just to be sure. No luck. It's gone. Gone for good. :(

I have a small pocket purse with a really long strap on it that I use everywhere I go. However, I hang it to the right and reach in with that hand (and I only realized this while cruise this time around because the right hand is the one that had the diamond ring on it that was already lose so I always did it gentle and checked the stone every time after that). I have already checked it...then checked it again, and a few more times just to be sure. No luck. It's gone. Gone for good. :(

I know you said you had no insurance on the ring, however, if your are a homeowner, most homeowner's policies do cover up to $2000 in jewelry loss/theft without a rider for the specific piece. Even some renter's policies.

Anyway, really am enjoying your Wonderful review (as I do all of your reviews). You certainly have a talent for writing and your pictures are spectacular.:)

We were all down at Wendy's gate until she left first. Then we went down to our gate and I noticed you a few minutes later when I was pacing back and forth on the phone with my daughter. You were there talking to the 'lady'.

You KNOW that I would have come over to visit if we had been there earlier!

I LOVE YOU!!! <3

You just answered all of my dreams. :D I'm giving this a try and yep, I know exactly what the marshmallow cream is and have seen it plenty of times. I'm so excited. (But I do have to say THIS cruise did NOT have the same cream on it! :( I noticed right away.)

Regarding Marshmallow creme - the different brands taste differently and have different textures depending on what kind of sugar is used and how many egg whites and other factors. The 3 most common brands are Fluff, Kraft and Solo - so I would suggest trying those 3 brands first to determine if any of them are the one that NCL used on the Getaway.

I know you said you had no insurance on the ring, however, if your are a homeowner, most homeowner's policies do cover up to $2000 in jewelry loss/theft without a rider for the specific piece. Even some renter's policies.

Anyway, really am enjoying your Wonderful review (as I do all of your reviews). You certainly have a talent for writing and your pictures are spectacular.:)

That's right, I forgot about that. My ring wasn't scheduled, but I was able to claim it on my homeowner's insurance, but they took the deductible out of course. So depending on how high your deductible is, it might work out. I think that I did need to have an appraisal on hand already, which I happened to have. The appraisal was really old, but I was able to take the old appraisal to a jewelry store and they wrote me a new one based on it at the current prices of diamonds. It didn't affect my insurance rate.

Hi Mitsugirly,

I just love your reviews. Your daughter is so special and she is growing up before our eyes. She is so talented. I think for your next cruise, she should design your door sign. It would be so cute if you took her aquatic sketches and made the sign from her designs. Just don't let her fill in the colors;)

I couldn't believe that you lost your diamond on this cruise and remembered how you lost your tooth on another cruise. At least on that cruise you found it and took a picture of it. I hope as others said, you can claim it on your home owner's insurance.

I am looking forward to your next installment.

It was a blast to be on this cruise and quite fun overall. Glad you had a great time with us!

Hey there RC Fox. Nice to have you here. Glad you had a great cruise as well. You all looked like you were having a blast. Hope to be on another cruise with you again some time. :)

Thanks for the compliment and glad you enjoyed the review.

No insurance on the ring at all. :(

We were all down at Wendy's gate until she left first. Then we went down to our gate and I noticed you a few minutes later when I was pacing back and forth on the phone with my daughter. You were there talking to the 'lady'.

You KNOW that I would have come over to visit if we had been there earlier!

"Talking" to the lady...nice way of putting it. :p ;)

Oh I definitely know you would have came down.

Hopefully we'll sail again together some day (with Kris). :)

If I was to just a taxi to senor frogs in costume idea I should be able to get to blue Kay right?

I'm kinda confused as to what you are asking? You want to take a regular taxi instead of the $3 bus? Costume? :confused: Blue Kay is right beside Senior Frogs. So if you make it there, you just walk next door. :)

Regarding Marshmallow creme - the different brands taste differently and have different textures depending on what kind of sugar is used and how many egg whites and other factors. The 3 most common brands are Fluff, Kraft and Solo - so I would suggest trying those 3 brands first to determine if any of them are the one that NCL used on the Getaway.

Mitsugirly is going to spend a fortune (and gain lots of weight) trying to find the "perfect" FLUFF. LOL :D

That's right, I forgot about that. My ring wasn't scheduled, but I was able to claim it on my homeowner's insurance, but they took the deductible out of course. So depending on how high your deductible is, it might work out. I think that I did need to have an appraisal on hand already, which I happened to have. The appraisal was really old, but I was able to take the old appraisal to a jewelry store and they wrote me a new one based on it at the current prices of diamonds. It didn't affect my insurance rate.

No insurance of any shape or form guys. :cool:

Hi Mitsugirly,

I just love your reviews. Your daughter is so special and she is growing up before our eyes. She is so talented. I think for your next cruise, she should design your door sign. It would be so cute if you took her aquatic sketches and made the sign from her designs. Just don't let her fill in the colors;)

I couldn't believe that you lost your diamond on this cruise and remembered how you lost your tooth on another cruise. At least on that cruise you found it and took a picture of it. I hope as others said, you can claim it on your home owner's insurance.

I am looking forward to your next installment.

Thanks so much for the compliments. She sure is getting big and it's neat to look back to her first cruise and what a small munchkin she was doing all the "adult" excursions at 3 years old. She just continues to amaze me with each cruise.

Yea...lost diamond lost tooth...I always either lose something or break something. Thank goodness I normally only cruise twice a year right? (I guess it's a double whammy for me this year since I squeezed in 3). :eek:

Thank you so much for all the info you provided! I have a second time on NCL visting the same ports in march 2015. I loved the places you went too! I'm really looking into Little Frech Key and Blue Kay Beach Club and think I will probably end up there. I really love the details you list and all of the lovely photos!! Thank you for all the wonderful work you have done!

Great review!

Just a word of caution – be prepared for the water temperature in Bermuda. My little girl is exactly like yours. She would spend every waking moment in the water if it was possible. We went to Bermuda last June. The air temperature was so hot. We just couldn't wait to get to the beach. My daughter went running into the ocean and promptly did a U-turn. She has definitely been spoiled by the warm Caribbean water. Sadly, I had to agree with her – the water was just too cold for us.

She just loves wearing her goggles and exploring the shallow water for shells – she was not a happy girl! What have I created – a little girl that is so spoiled that she will not swim in beautiful water that is below her desired temperature. I remember swimming in water when I was a kid – so cool that our lips turned purple in minutes.

We did have fun climbing the rocks and exploring the coves. We also toured other areas. But, the vacation just wasn't the same for my little water girl.

Thank you so much for all the info you provided! I have a second time on NCL visting the same ports in march 2015. I loved the places you went too! I'm really looking into Little Frech Key and Blue Kay Beach Club and think I will probably end up there. I really love the details you list and all of the lovely photos!! Thank you for all the wonderful work you have done!

I think you'll love LFK and Blue Kay. They were both highlights of the cruise and I'm so glad we decided to go there.

Thanks so much for the comments and I appreciate it very much.