Norwegian Announces 2016 / 2017 Itineraries

seacruise9

Quick question and please do not think there is mal intent here; do many people from the East coast of USA, cruise from ports that are not on the East coast? It just seems kind of strange to me that people are unhappy with the ship that is in a certain port; i.e. NYC, Boston. One can always go to a different port to cruise on a different ship........and have a totally different vacation experience. :)

I live where we have to fly to get to any cruise so the ship, itself, seems mute. :D

I really like the new itineraries on NCL this year; it offers, to me , quite of bit of variety.

Happy and safe cruising all!!!

When I was working I Had to fly on the company's dime . I don't like it .:eek:

Now we do not fly .:)

When we do a repo cruises we drive sometimes 2000 miles one way . So we want to start or end @ our homeport that's 20 miles from home .

Edited by biker@sea

Don, I'm on the 10 day for both of my upcoming sailings. It was originally a 9 day but it was changed to 10..

Rosemarie...

I have been enjoying the 11 and 12 day cruises lately and my upcoming Panama Canal cruise is 15 days! :)

I suppose that in the future, I will have to be content with the 10 day cruise out of NYC.

I think the last 7 day cruise I took was to Bermuda.....to short for me! :D

Don

Rosemarie...

I have been enjoying the 11 and 12 day cruises lately and my upcoming Panama Canal cruise is 15 days! :)

I suppose that in the future, I will have to be content with the 10 day cruise out of NYC.

I think the last 7 day cruise I took was to Bermuda.....to short for me! :D

Don

It looks like the Breakaway will be NCL's only option out of NYC to the Carribean in 2016. Since Breakaway sails Bermuda in the Spring/Summer and Florida/Bahamas Fall and early Spring. We may only see 2 or 3 12 day Winter Carribean sailings.

It looks like the Breakaway will be NCL's only option out of NYC to the Carribean in 2016. Since Breakaway sails Bermuda in the Spring/Summer and Florida/Bahamas Fall and early Spring. We may only see 2 or 3 12 day Winter Carribean sailings.

That's a bummer! :(

I wasn't as happy with the Breakaway as I am with the smaller ships like the Gem, Pearl and Dawn.

Although the entertainment onboard was fantastic.

Don

The Gem is only out of NY and in Puerto Rico for like 2 months in the fall 2016 plus the Breakaway is NCL permanent (for 20 years at least) flagship in NYC, so of course it does those sailings. I hardly call the Gem not being there for like 3 sailings all of 2016...*shrug*

The Gem is only out of NY and in Puerto Rico for like 2 months in the fall 2016 plus the Breakaway is NCL permanent (for 20 years at least) flagship in NYC, so of course it does those sailings. I hardly call the Gem not being there for like 3 sailings all of 2016...*shrug*

I hope you are right. Do you have proof that the Gem will only be in PR for two months ? I thought the Gem was going to be sailing out of San Juan from Mid October to April. At that point sailing from NYC to Florida/Bahamas while Breakaway returns to Bermuda

Edited by NYcruzzer

Do you have proof that the Gem will only be in PR for two months ? I thought the Gem was going to be sailing out of San Juan from Mid October to April. At that point sailing from NYC to Florida/Bahamas while Breakaway returns to Bermuda

I'm on a cell phone, so I can't highlight the section in the OP's news article but if you re-read their post you'll see its 3 sailings starting with October 23, following with a November and a December one from Puerto Rico. The rest of the article also states the Gem is doing Caribbean, Bahamas and Canadian sailings from NYC in 2016, too.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

I'm on a cell phone, so I can't highlight the section in the OP's news article but if you re-read their post you'll see its 3 sailings starting with October 23, following with a November and a December one from Puerto Rico. The rest of the article also states the Gem is doing Caribbean, Bahamas and Canadian sailings from NYC in 2016, too.

That is great news. Thanks for clarifying.

At this point, it is not know if the Gem will be returning to NYC after it last sailing from San Juan on December 4th. The schedule for the Gem after that date has not been released yet. If the Gem is going to San Juan from mid October to the beginning of the December, it is likely that it will stay there for the winter.

Based on the sales that I have seen for Breakaway, it is likely that there is not a huge market for winter cruises from NYC especially since RCI is bringing a bigger ship to Bayonne.

At this point, it is not know if the Gem will be returning to NYC after it last sailing from San Juan on December 4th. The schedule for the Gem after that date has not been released yet. If the Gem is going to San Juan from mid October to the beginning of the December, it is likely that it will stay there for the winter.

Based on the sales that I have seen for Breakaway, it is likely that there is not a huge market for winter cruises from NYC especially since RCI is bringing a bigger ship to Bayonne.

Gotta let the battle of "Who's raking in the customers no matter the pricing" play out 1st. I know for my Breakaway sailing this year where the prices were just ridiculous low, went out with a full ship that you couldn't get a onboard upgraded room (they literally posted a sign at Guest Services saying that). For all we know the low fares lost could had been recover from gambling, drinking, a shopping and/or specialty dining. For all we know, many people may not sail Royal til prices drop extremely low or will sail it because it is the Anthem or Oasis. Just dunno yet how 2017 will play out- still have 2015 and 2016 to get through 1st plus offical number-crunching of those years.

Edited by maywell

Just a reminder, TA's can get these prices today if you are a past guest.

I was hoping for a little better initial deal on a March 2017 Getaway/Escape Haven suite, but the launch prices are higher than they have been in the past.

Just a reminder, TA's can get these prices today if you are a past guest.

I was hoping for a little better initial deal on a March 2017 Getaway/Escape Haven suite, but the launch prices are higher than they have been in the past.

Tell me about it...Just booked an Alaska cruise on the pearl and the balcony price jumped nearly $1500 per person from the current 2015 price...

Yep.

I had looked up the launch prices of Getaway for 2015/2016, and Escape for 2016 for the weeks I wanted to get an idea of what I might see.

Previous years the schedules launched at ~$3500pp for similar Haven suites. The prices did go up to ~$4000 after a few months.

Today? Prices above $4000 off the bat. Cheapest among H5/6/7 cabins is $8,839 for 2 people, most expensive is $10,539. This is for the last 2 weeks or March!

Don't get me wrong I'm getting a huge pile of OBC from my TA at that rate, plus all the packages, but still. There are a lot of other options out there at that price, ones that feature much more exotic routes.

Don't get me wrong I love the Haven courtyard, and really wanted one of those cruises that year for my 20th wedding anniversary, but those prices are nuts for day 1 pricing when I have to hand them those huge Haven deposits.

Of course if those cabins fill up, nothing else matters.

Tell me about it...Just booked an Alaska cruise on the pearl and the balcony price jumped nearly $1500 per person from the current 2015 price...

We just booked the repositioning cruise on the Dawn for 2016! The one disappointment was that when I booked, my NCL Agent said that we could get the Ultimate Beverage Package. Then I printed the confirmation and it showed On Board Credit instead. Called them back and found out that you can't get the Ultimate Beverage Package in the "all in" program on repositioning cruises. That was what sold me and made me book today too! I have read that the Dawn is scheduled for Drydock sometime in 2016. Perhaps before our cruise? I can only hope, although we have never been on her. For all those complaining about the same ship being in Boston, you should travel to NYC. That's where we have sailed from before. That way you do get a new ship experience and only have to drive a few hours.

Edited by AKR2011

We just booked the repositioning cruise on the Dawn for 2016! The one disappointment was that when I booked, my NCL Agent said that we could get the Ultimate Beverage Package. Then I printed the confirmation and it showed On Board Credit instead. Called them back and found out that you can't get the Ultimate Beverage Package in the "all in" program on repositioning cruises. That was what sold me and made me book today too! I have read that the Dawn is scheduled for Drydock sometime in 2016. Perhaps before our cruise? I can only hope, although we have never been on her. For all those complaining about the same ship being in Boston, you should travel to NYC. That's where we have sailed from before. That way you do get a new ship experience and only have to drive a few hours.

I did go out of New York on the last run to Bermuda. I went because the DJ was far superior and nightlife better than what sails from Boston. You’re talking about the Dawn. The ship has the worst nightlife setup second to the Norwegian Star. When they moved Spinnakers to be beneath passenger cabins they took all the fun out of the place because music can’t be loud, bass can’t be bumping and well it’s like being in a cave with hardly no décor. Traveling to NYC is a pain. I took a bus that drops you off at the pier. I later found out it’s the same company NCL uses for their motorcoach transfers for New England. I was up so early for the bus and slept on the way down but people didn’t arrive at each stop on time so we didn’t get to the ship until 2PM. The best part about going out of Boston is I can drive there and spend just as much on parking as the bus fare to NYC and I have control of when I arrive. It would’ve been nice if the Gem was switched to Boston. Her layout is far superior to the Dawn-class ships.

Looks like the 2016 Alaska prices are showing..

As feared the price for my lowly balcony jumped over $1100 compared to 2015 price...

Will be looking to sail elsewhere unless it drops..

Still have my balcony held but unless the price comes down near the 2015 levels I am gone...

Edited by warriorking