Robes to and from Pool

Only time I objected to robes being worn to the pool was at about 6 am and the people wearing the robes were covering their pajamas and wearing fuzzy slippers as they were placing towels on the pool loungers. Didn't care about the robes, but do object to the "chair hogs."

As for the "teens" do it, teens also pierce everything, tattoo everywhere, wear their pants below their butts, etc. As an "older person," I sure wouldn't do it because teens do. :)

Still don't think pajamas are appropriate attire for public wear. But that's only me.

Not just teens get tattoos (don't you have to be at least 18?). I just got my third one three weeks ago :D The tail wraps around the front of my leg. Love Toothless :p

729277154_NewTat1.jpg.f7804fe96d354ad79bef989b5764e5a1.jpg

1055159781_NewTat2.jpg.94d0018877bbbe7e3a0675fada7421d9.jpg

We call these people NCAA...no class at all.

I look at it this way; its their vacation but it gives us something to chuckle about. :D Its a win win situation.

Nuff said...

Any acronym for judgmental people or those who have problems minding their own business?

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread because it shows all of the new CC members another way to enjoy your cruise. Wearing your robe around the ship is one of the most relaxing ways to enjoy your cruise. I've done this for years and I've really been able to cut-back on the amount of clothes I bring on the cruise. I wear my robe everywhere on the ship and I've never been stopped by any of the crew. It should be noted that I don't wear the robe to the MDR, just the WJ and Johnny Rockets. I encourage everyone to give it a try, perhaps it's not for everyone, but I'm sure most people will enjoy it. One additional note, I've always been able to exchange my robe mid-week (or anytime if it has some food stains from the WJ, for a clean robe.

Enjoy your cruise

It looks awful...don't do it! You're not wandering about a "spa"..you're going thru public areas of the ship...wear a tee shirt (if you're a man) and a cover up or sundress, or even shorts!, (if you're a woman).

Would you rather see me in my robe or my speedo, the choice is yours

Aft Cabins Rule

We call these people NCAA...no class at all.

I look at it this way; its their vacation but it gives us something to chuckle about. :D Its a win win situation.

Nuff said...

Resisting any Southern Ohio Jokes. No class, thanks for that!

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread because it shows all of the new CC members another way to enjoy your cruise. Wearing your robe around the ship is one of the most relaxing ways to enjoy your cruise. I've done this for years and I've really been able to cut-back on the amount of clothes I bring on the cruise. I wear my robe everywhere on the ship and I've never been stopped by any of the crew. It should be noted that I don't wear the robe to the MDR, just the WJ and Johnny Rockets. I encourage everyone to give it a try, perhaps it's not for everyone, but I'm sure most people will enjoy it. One additional note, I've always been able to exchange my robe mid-week (or anytime if it has some food stains from the WJ, for a clean robe.

Enjoy your cruise

You're slipping. I can't believe it took you so long to find this thread. :D

At night if we go the hot tubs we bring our robes. Especially useful if a towel station is closed. It can be very cold getting out of a hot tub at night.

Agree completely! Maybe I can steer this into a new direction. Have you ever noticed there is no place for towels or robes around those hot tubs where you can keep them dry. I frequently end up putting mine on some nearby artwork, or the sign that says adults only! :eek:. This can tie into chair hogs as well. Sometimes the only place to put a towel near the pool or hot tub (not a jacuzzi ;)) is on a chair. Frequently I go to the pool just to swim. If there was a little cubby hole with say 5 or 6 spots, or even a shelf within view of the pool I would have a place to put my robe, towel, shoes (Ok, I still wear Crocs, anyone want to get judgemental about that?) and not take up a chair. If they had such a place I would support wearing a big bird costume to and from the pool.

I really woke up in the doldrums this morning. Not sure why, but was just down. I have so enjoyed reading this thread, and my spirits have raised considerably. Laughter really is good for the soul. So much fun, thank you, this thread is better than chocolate!!!

PS: If those Cruise Critic Approved stickers materialize, could you send me one???

Edited by stoneharborlady

I really woke up in the doldrums this morning. Not sure why, but was just down. I have so enjoyed reading this thread, and my spirits have raised considerably. Laughter really is good for the soul. So much fun, thank you, this thread is better than chocolate!!!

PS: If those Cruise Critic Approved stickers materialize, could you send me one???

Agree this was smile making. But as good as this thread was. Chocolate is much better.

I had to scroll up a bit... For a moment, I thought, Cruise Critic stickers were being billed as an approved alternative to robes for wearing to and from the pool. [emoji33]

]Was just off the Indy Dec6th to 13th,saw two youkles in prom cafe with robes,looked dumb......

I won't go that far, but I can see where some people would feel entitled to get their morning coffee in their robe and slippers.

I was thinking about that, but I'd get tired of explaining what CC was to the 90% on board who have no clue. (Total guess on my part in case anyone wants to argue with me)

Would you rather see me in my robe or my speedo, the choice is yours

Speedo , Yes Please .

I like a Man in a speedo.

Real Men that is.

Nice, elegant, refined Men.

Can you post the pic here, or maybe provide a link ?

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn was told off, and has to be a good girl.