so mad at RCC

Just checked,

There are no cabins available to book for 3+ anywhere on the allure 4th Jan.

7550 and 7552 are connecting balconies and both available.

7534 and 7536 are connecting balconies and both avaialble

Ask for those.

Fist thing you so when you get an issue with a booking is check the on-line availability so you know what options you have that would be a solution for you.

The company will always start with the lowest thing they think they can getaway with.

For example, customer calls in to book cruise, asks about a double occupancy cabin with child in pack-n-play. Agent asks child's size. Customer is surprised, saying this was not asked when booking January cruise. From there the conversation swings to January cruise...

This is exactly what happened. Thank you! :o

that should have said

First thing you do......

It is always a good idea to have a solution you will be happy with in your mind and if you can propose something it gives the company a way out of the problem so they can move onto someone else.

This time of year they will probably be stretched with staff on vacations and they like to get the near sailing cruises sorted.

They called me this morning, and I must say, they resolved it to my satisfaction. I got another cabin (D4) that fits the 3 of us with not issues at the pier. I'm so relieved and happy to know I'm still going on vacation on the 4th. Thank you all for your comments and your support. I've learned a valuable lesson, I'm booking online next time :)

Happy Holidays to all of you

I have been following this thread since I saw your first post. Just wanted to say I'm so happy all was resolved to your satisfaction and now you and your family can finish planning without such stress over your head. Have a wonderful time and happy holidays

They called me this morning, and I must say, they resolved it to my satisfaction. I got another cabin (D4) that fits the 3 of us with not issues at the pier. I'm so relieved and happy to know I'm still going on vacation on the 4th. Thank you all for your comments and your support. I've learned a valuable lesson, I'm booking online next time :)

Glad everything has worked out to your satisfaction. Enjoy your cruise.

Glad everything worked out for you. Happy Holidays!:)

Unless I am misunderstanding something, originally poster referred to the child as a "toddler" and RC planned a pack-and-play for the child. Later the child is said to be a 3-year-old. In my opinion a 3-year-old is not a toddler, therefore, I think the original poster has some responsibility here. Might be a communications error as to the age and size of the child, especially if the original booking agent did not do the math as to the child's age and just heard the word "toddler."

Hopefully can be resolved.

I really don't think it is the original poster'f fault. If there is an age limit the booking agent should ask the age of the child. I, personally,consider a 3 year old a toddler. You don't. It is a subjective term. It is the booking agent's responsibility to get the booking done correctly.

I am glad you got it all worked out. :-)

Edited by Ann262

Two points...

#1 Maybe the story of the phone call is a bit variable, but is the reason the OP chose to book by phone particularly relevant to the current problem? If the OP booked two adults and a 3 year old in a manner suggested by a customer service agent, then later discovers the booking is problematic, the problem needs to be addressed. How the OP discovered the booking issue matters little. By phone with an agent, talking to a friend with a tot, reading cruise critic family forum, reading cruise line website...somehow the problem was dicovered....what difference does the manner of discover make now?

#2 You and the OP and I are all different people with different styles. Your phone history is certainly valid for you. Mine is similar to yours; so far I have not gotten sidetracked about another cruise. Then again, I am not sailing with a pack-n-play age child. Are you? If not, can you agree that perhaps different passenger situations may result in phone conversations taking different turns? For example, customer calls in to book cruise, asks about a double occupancy cabin with child in pack-n-play. Agent asks child's size. Customer is surprised, saying this was not asked when booking January cruise. From there the conversation swings to January cruise...I can easily imagine this conversation, though the OP has not shared the details of the conversation. And again, what difference would it make?

3rd in agreement with the above points.

I don't know why they didn't move you into one of those D4's, as soon as they saw the problem, but I'm glad that they finally resolved it for you, and before making you worry about it over Christmas!

Soon after the OP posted their problem, I looked at availability. The D4's I saw then were double occupancy, not triple; that likely caused the delay. Perhaps somebody canceled or somebody was shifted to a different cabin to open up a triple for the OP.

No matter how they solved the problem, I am very glad they found the solution. Have a wonderful cruise, first timer 2

Glad it was resolved - glad your going on vacation - you do not have to book on line in the future - Im going to say it - what you need to do is book a triple occupancy cabin - your child is too old for a pack and play - have a wonderful cruise:)