Just Fancied a Change

ormy

Booked today. Saved £400 in their sale.

Celebrity Eclipse to the Baltic. Flights to Southampton and hotel booked too.

Yippee.

That sounds great Nell.

You'll soon be off to the Caribbean too, won't you?:)

Edited by happy v

Go for it, Jackie, you know it makes sense!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done. :). Booked Fred Olsen, Boudicca ex Uk (Newcastle) in September to the Baltics. Ray refused to travel to Southampton to use a different cruise company. Considering booking with girlfriends something hotter in the Med before then though.

Did Celebrity equinox Aug 2014 , smart modern looking ship, we thought the atrium layout was poor compared to p & O Azura, the standard AI package is not great as there is not a lot of choice, they push you to upgrade to the premium package all the time !! entertainment was only okay on 3 occasions over the 14 days, food in the MDR was excellent, however the buffet area was the most un-organised area on the ship ! food and selection was good, just the hassle to get it ! you will also give up trying to get a drink here, the lawn club area is a great idea to have a drink and chill out ! its a sell sell sell ship, even had a blue cross sale and the captain cut the tape , to be honest i would go on them again, but only purely if the itinery was what we were looking for !!

Did Celebrity equinox Aug 2014 , smart modern looking ship, we thought the atrium layout was poor compared to p & O Azura, the standard AI package is not great as there is not a lot of choice, they push you to upgrade to the premium package all the time !! entertainment was only okay on 3 occasions over the 14 days, food in the MDR was excellent, however the buffet area was the most un-organised area on the ship ! food and selection was good, just the hassle to get it ! you will also give up trying to get a drink here, the lawn club area is a great idea to have a drink and chill out ! its a sell sell sell ship, even had a blue cross sale and the captain cut the tape , to be honest i would go on them again, but only purely if the itinery was what we were looking for !!

We upgraded to the premium package for drinks and will do the same this time because there is a better choice of wines, spirits and cocktails if you do and I developed a rather expensive taste for Stolichnaya Elite thanks to Celebrity :eek: and my husband enjoyed the malt whisky (no change for him :D). For us and our friends the upgrade to premium drinks was worth it. P&O's free drinks package covers wine and beer.

At no point on Infinity were we pressured to buy anything at all and I am quite shocked to hear that. Yes they have a number of pay restaurants but we never used them because the MDR food was superb. They were advertising things on a particular channel but once we'd watched it we didn't watch it again. We were never approached by staff to buy anything nor handed flyers advertising things. In fact the lack of pressure was one of the things we liked about it.

The drinks service in the buffet was first class too, in fact service everywhere except the coffee port, was first class. I think that was down to the fact that we had 7 straight days rain in the fjords so it was unusually busy as everyone was inside.

As I said the other day a cruise is a snapshot in time and we do what we enjoy.

That sounds great Nell.

You'll soon be off to the Caribbean too, won't you?:)

Sorry Happy v, I was just looking over this thread again and realised I hadn't replied to you.

We had to cancel our cruise because I am back working part time and am restricted to school holidays again!!

We saved our deposit by booking a land based holiday to Turkey.

I am very sad :( about not going to the Caribbean and hope to go back at the first opportunity. Reading all the great reviews is proving tortuous.

We will have to make do with a weekend in Peebles to lessen the pain that weekend :D

Sorry Happy v, I was just looking over this thread again and realised I hadn't replied to you.

We had to cancel our cruise because I am back working part time and am restricted to school holidays again!!

We saved our deposit by booking a land based holiday to Turkey.

I am very sad :( about not going to the Caribbean and hope to go back at the first opportunity. Reading all the great reviews is proving tortuous.

We will have to make do with a weekend in Peebles to lessen the pain that weekend :D

Oh no, I thought you were still a lady of leisure. I suppose that explains why you aren't on here as much.

Enjoy Peebles;):D....Joking aside I think you don't have to be anywhere exotic to have a good time, life is what you make it.

Oh no, I thought you were still a lady of leisure. I suppose that explains why you aren't on here as much.

Enjoy Peebles;):D....Joking aside I think you don't have to be anywhere exotic to have a good time, life is what you make it.

Thanks happy v.

Just helping out part time until summer :)

And you are right. I don't have so much time as I did when I was a lady of leisure.

Will need to make sure we see the Caribbean next year ;)

Joining you on Oceana 22nd March Linda :)

Doing the 17 nighter.

Will have to arrange a meet, you can put a face to the one behind the ducks then. You will find out I really am quackers...:D:D

oooh must watch that, I'm supposed to be reserved on P&O aren't I? Can't get the ducks out for afternoon tea like we did with Jules and Toni on the Dream.

Doing the 17 nighter.

Will have to arrange a meet, you can put a face to the one behind the ducks then. You will find out I really am quackers...:D:D:D

oooh must watch that, I'm supposed to be reserved on P&O aren't I? Can't get the ducks out for afternoon tea like we did with Jules and Toni on the Dream.

Will look forward to it Joe :) You know what we look like from facebook :)

Doing the 17 nighter.

Will have to arrange a meet, you can put a face to the one behind the ducks then. You will find out I really am quackers...:D:D

don't duck the issue, get 'em out :D

Imagine the looks I would get on P&O setting them down as we have tea.

They normally only come out for a quick picture, then straight back in the bag before they send for the yellow van....

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

I didn't even think to look at our fellow passengers when they came out at Afternoon Tea with us - wonder what they thought of us all - everyone else was rather quiet in the Argo Lounge! Oh dear.

Edited by Julessmiles

Looking forward to meeting the ducks - quack quack :D

I'm not usually on this forum - usually over on P&O and Celebrity. This made me laugh though and I had to leave a message to reassure you that the ducks will be fine ! If you look closely on my avatar you will see two tiny teddy bears on the table of an aft cabin on the Celebrity Silhouette. They also travel on P&O. The cabin stewards love them and they too come out occasionally for a 'very quick' photo in the dining room if hubby sneaks them down for breakfast !

We even went on a holiday to Austria and took them up a mountain. The couple we were with in a café suddenly produced their 2 teddy bears for a photo and apologised if we thought they we were mad. We then produced Mr and Mrs T Bear for a 'group shot' ..... it was one of the funniest coincidences ever!

Have lots of friends who are loyal Thomson cruisers - am sure you'll have a great time. Just make sure you leave Oceana in good shape - we go on her on the 8th April. (3rd time, lovely ship) Will look out for the ducks as we board her incase they decide to stay ;-) )

Quote function not working......

"We even went on a holiday to Austria and took them up a mountain. The couple we were with in a café suddenly produced their 2 teddy bears for a photo and apologised if we thought they we were mad. We then produced Mr and Mrs T Bear for a 'group shot' ..... it was one of the funniest coincidences ever!"

Thanks Presto2, that's a great tale.

The cabin stewards on Thomson love our ducks too.

There is a new addition to the family, he made his first trip to Benidorm this Christmas.

6gbhuc.jpg

For those who don't know about the website, here it is:

https://joeholiday2.shutterfly.com/pictures

Sorry for going OT.... it's all in good fun.