Ping pong tables

Friend100

Even the Prinsendam has a ping pong table. I believe they are on all the ships. I have seen them on every ship I have been on :D (We were on Maasdam last year and it was there).

You will easily be able to find the ping-pong tables on the Lido deck! Just go to the busiest end of the pool area, past all the folks holding court at the whirlpools, across the steady stream of passengers coming out of the spa area and head to the Lido Grill or what -ever it is currently called. As you wait in line there, the Ping-Pong balls will be rolling under your feet. Now load up a couple of plates, avoiding the slippery puddles from the pool and retrace your steps to find a place to sit. It's almost guaranteed an energetic child or teen who has been playing at Ping-Pong will either run over you or end up wrapped around your ankles trying to retrieve the run-away ball. :eek::);)

To this day I have never figured out why seemingly every cruise ship has a ping pong table somewhere on deck where it can not possibly be protected from the ever-present small amount of wind required to sent balls sailing.

You will easily be able to find the ping-pong tables on the Lido deck! Just go to the busiest end of the pool area, past all the folks holding court at the whirlpools, across the steady stream of passengers coming out of the spa area and head to the Lido Grill or what -ever it is currently called. As you wait in line there, the Ping-Pong balls will be rolling under your feet. Now load up a couple of plates, avoiding the slippery puddles from the pool and retrace your steps to find a place to sit. It's almost guaranteed an energetic child or teen who has been playing at Ping-Pong will either run over you or end up wrapped around your ankles trying to retrieve the run-away ball. :eek::);)

I agreed with all the comments made in this post! Ping-Pong tables are an absolute waste of space on the forward end of the Lido Deck and this space would be better used for (more) tables and chairs! ;)

I agreed with all the comments made in this post! Ping-Pong tables are an absolute waste of space on the forward end of the Lido Deck and this space would be better used for (more) tables and chairs! ;)

My observation is that they get used a lot. Nearly every time I walk by people are playing.

My observation is that they get used a lot. Nearly every time I walk by people are playing.

That's been my observation also, depending on itinerary, and not just by those under eighteen

ditto. usually a lineup for the competitions too :D

Everything on the ship is a "waste" for those who aren't interested in using it. All the space could be put to "better use" if it was put to something one is interested in.

However, the ship is trying to please more than just one person.

Thanks for everyone's comment ... and laugh :)

When we cruised Nieuw Amsterdam few years ago, the two ping pong tables were on deck 10 (Panorama) I believed just outside of Club HAL. As far as I can recall, they were lightly used. In our most recent cruise on the Eurodam, they were, as everyone indicated, on the Lido deck forward near the entrance to the spa area. The location was very central and it was always busy with adults and kids playing. I just didn't know if it was just unique for Eurodam and hence I asked the question for the location on other DAM ships that we are considering.