A video from the South African Holiday cruise on board Sojourn

Able Seaman H

I think you've pushed me over the edge on the slider issue. Been looking at the Glide Gear 24" and now will pull the trigger before our December cruise. Spend some time getting to know it. How long did it take you to get the smooth manual slides? Also might have convinced me to go away from the camcorder plus pocket to a Nikon DSLR.

Final question - how did you get the sweeping shot over the stern? Know it isn't a drone/GoPro, but could you imagine what one of those could do for you?

I think you've pushed me over the edge on the slider issue. Been looking at the Glide Gear 24" and now will pull the trigger before our December cruise. Spend some time getting to know it. How long did it take you to get the smooth manual slides? Also might have convinced me to go away from the camcorder plus pocket to a Nikon DSLR.

Final question - how did you get the sweeping shot over the stern? Know it isn't a drone/GoPro, but could you imagine what one of those could do for you?

The first cruise was the first time I used the slider. It's not particularly difficult you just have to understand how the various effects are created, things like foreground objects and how they can create movement, reveals and so on. You also have to be careful you don't end up suffering death by slider, I've been a bit guilty of it and am trying to limit it's use / vary the effects. The actual slider I have is quite wobbly so you need to master a technique to compensate.

Shooting video on a DSLR is very different to using a camcorder. Very different. You need to modify how you go about things but get it right and the DSLR will actually force improvements due to the limitations.

Ah, the sweeping shot. It helps having a child and lots of rope :)

Ironically we had a hosted dinner with the ship's health and safety office that night. The irony........

Henry :)

The first cruise was the first time I used the slider. It's not particularly difficult you just have to understand how the various effects are created, things like foreground objects and how they can create movement, reveals and so on. You also have to be careful you don't end up suffering death by slider, I've been a bit guilty of it and am trying to limit it's use / vary the effects. The actual slider I have is quite wobbly so you need to master a technique to compensate.

Shooting video on a DSLR is very different to using a camcorder. Very different. You need to modify how you go about things but get it right and the DSLR will actually force improvements due to the limitations.

Ah, the sweeping shot. It helps having a child and lots of rope :)

Ironically we had a hosted dinner with the ship's health and safety office that night. The irony........

I am surprised that Emily is strong enough to hold you. :eek::D

The words Greek and god are often used....

Oh no, I remember now, it's "oh my god there's that geek", not Greek.

Other than Thailand where the phrase "you very hansom man" is widely used as I walk past bars, massage establishments and entertainment venues.

The words Greek and god are often used....

Oh no, I remember now, it's "oh my god there's that geek", not Greek.

Other than Thailand where the phrase "you very hansom man" is widely used as I walk past bars, massage establishments and entertainment venues.

I thought you went into the massage establishments not walk straight past them.

• 3 years later...

Thank you Henry another lovely video capturing the spirit of Seabourn. It is very exciting seeing familiar faces and ahhh our favourite ships.

You do know we are waiting with baited breathe for YOUR next cruise 🤗.

Henry, viewing your videos give us happy memories and exciting thoughts of being being aboard a Seabourn vessel again .

• 2 years later...

Holy thread revival Batman...... 🙂

The song is River by Emeli Sandé. A wonderful artist.

Definitely give Seabourn a try, for me they offer a great balance between price and exclusive experience. I also find the on board staff incredible. They combine professionalism with a human touch. As I've said before, if you can't enjoy yourself on a Seabourn Cruise you've given up on life because all the ingredients are there.

Henry

• Like 1