10% off shore excursions ready set sail event. How does it work?

Adoremus

Once you have made your reservation, you can log into the website to book the shore excursions. The discounted price and the original price will both be on the shore excursion descriptions. Not all shore excursions will be discounted.

We booked a cruise departing 6 May, 2015 on Prinsendam, and discovered that it has this promotion. The shore excursions don't look too enticing on this cruise, and somewhat expensive even with the discount, but we like the free Navigator Package...

"ReadySetSail! Enjoy a FREE Upgrade to Ocean-view, up to 10% off select shore excursions, FREE or reduced cruise fares for 3rd/4th guests and 50% reduced deposit! Plus, book a Suite and receive an additional $300 onboard spending credit, FREE Wine Navigator Package and 2 FREE soda cards! (learn more)"

Booked my shore excursions today online. Promo showed and worked great for discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did it show up exactly? Up front on the excursion selection page or at payment time?

I booked before the promotion although I did get the price drop when I called. Would this be why I don't see any discounts on the excursions I am interested in? Mind you, I have only had a quick look so it could be that there are no discounts on these particular excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked before the promotion although I did get the price drop when I called. Would this be why I don't see any discounts on the excursions I am interested in? Mind you, I have only had a quick look so it could be that there are no discounts on these particular excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our Alaska cruise in June, not all the excursions have the 10% discount.

Well I did get an answer. I just called HAL and the current 10% off shore excursions is only applicable to people who booked under the Ready Set Sail Promotion. Since I got my cruise at a cheaper rate than what they are offering now, it wasn't beneficial for me to switch over to the Ready Set Sail promo.

Does anyone know if the shore excursion discount is only applied to excursions booked on-line, in advance? Or will it also apply to shore excursions booked on board as well?

I may be mistaken, but the shore excursion discount may be time - sensitive...Reason I say this...For the Viking Passage Eurodam voyage this past summer, I did book an excursion online and it earned a 10% discount... a while later (months?) it did not show a discount anymore ...Could be the promo period was over? of course this only addresses online booking, but if it disappeared from online booking, it probably would disappear from onboard booking.

shore excursions/customer service/mariner society would be the place to get an answer. I only speak from experience of one shore excursion.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

I may be mistaken, but the shore excursion discount may be time - sensitive...

For the promotions the excursions have to be booked by March 15th

Well, that settles that. :( Thank you both for the info; it helps a lot in my planning.

• 1 year later...