Emerald Princess still at the dock

CharlesOK

Emerald Princess seems to still be at the dock 2 hours after it was supposed to leave?? WE are scheduled to leave on the 18th, next Sunday and so I was watching for her departure today. The lights are still on, on the port buildings and the fog looks like pea soup. Looks like another late departure.

Yes. We are fogged in. Captain says maybe 4am. Not sure whether or not we will have an itinerary change or not. Won't know until we actually sail. I was on the Noro ship that returned early last year. Looks like I am destined to overnight on these cruises out of Houston.

Yes. We are fogged in. Captain says maybe 4am. Not sure whether or not we will have an itinerary change or not. Won't know until we actually sail. I was on the Noro ship that returned early last year. Looks like I am destined to overnight on these cruises out of Houston.

Looks like you already left, only a couple of hours late, not enough to impact the schedule at all.

We were on the Noro ship with you!!

Took a chance and booked for Feb. 1 - fingers crossed.;)

Are you onboard? How do you know the schedule is not affected. :confused:

Its a long sail to the gulf.

It looks like I was wrong on it leaving, the bridge cam was updated to show at sea and the view didn't have the terminal parking anymore, and it looked gone on Bayport's cam, but the fog must have been in the way, it looks still there now, so there very well could be a schedule change.

I've been on this cruise twice, assuming it left when the bridge cam said it it had, it wouldn't have been a rush. It's two sea days after tonight to Honduras. There is quite a bit of slack built into this time, but after 12 hours all bets are off. I think last time they overnighted one port was missed.

Edited by MarkSeattle

As I look through the fog to see the blurry lights of the port terminal, I assure you, we are still in port. Depending on what time we leave will determine the itinerary.

Better luck to you next time JF!

Edited by dleighb

I feel so sorry for the passengers, especially if they have to miss Roatan. We were on this cruise over Christmas and really lucked out--no fog coming or going.

I knew about the fog issue before I booked our cruise, but the date and location worked out well for our spread-out family. So I crossed my fingers as I booked it. Now, I'm not so sure I'd do the same as several of the cruises have been delayed and it's only early January!

fog will usually "burn off" (as my dad from Louisiana used to say), around 9am. Hopefully they can depart by then.

you can see from the webcam at the bayport cruise port @0645

http://www.portofhouston.com/cruise-information/live-cruise-terminal-cam/

They are leaving at 10 am CT, approximately 16 hours late for an approximately 60 hour sail time to Roatan. That is about a 25% delay to the time to get to Roatan. Any word about a new schedule.

Edited by JLC@SD

They are leaving at 10 am CT, approximately 16 hours late for an approximately 60 hour sail time to Roatan. That is about a 25% delay to the time to get to Roatan. Any word about a new schedule.

The bridge cam says Costa Maya, Mexico

Roatan is only possible on this itinerary if the departure is ontime or only a few hours delayed. Next day departures can 100% write off seeing Honduras.

A 8 hour delay could easily be made up if they decided to burn the fuel, probably even longer, but I don't know at what point the cost/timing gets to be too much and they actually drop the port.

It only takes 17.5 knots to arrive early in Roatan from an on time departure vs 20-22 coming back from Cozumel. Next morning, forget about it. I remember Costa Maya being the replacement on a prior next day departure as well.

A 8 hour delay could easily be made up if they decided to burn the fuel, probably even longer, but I don't know at what point the cost/timing gets to be too much and they actually drop the port.

But, it's not an 8-hour delay. Instead of 1600 Sunday, it was 1000 Monday.

That leaves 44 hours for a 0600 arrival in roatan.

It is at least 1100 miles. All I can find are airline miles, and I'm thinking

the ship (unlike planes) has to go around the yucatan. It can't be

done at the service speed of the ship.

Hi .. I was to be on the cruise but fell on the streets of Manhattan and have a bum knee.. so canceled

My friend is on the cruise as a solo.. She called last night .. Routan is CANCELLED!! but she did not

say anything about Costa Maya.. they may of added it instead.. nor did she mention any CREDIT due

to a late departure.. if she e mails .. I will update you .. She is also my TA. Ann

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi .. I was to be on the cruise but fell on the streets of Manhattan and have a bum knee.. so canceled

My friend is on the cruise as a solo.. She called last night .. Routan is CANCELLED!! but she did not

say anything about Costa Maya.. they may of added it instead.. nor did she mention any CREDIT due

to a late departure.. if she e mails .. I will update you .. She is also my TA. Ann

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the update. I hope your knee gets better soon!