Summit docking in Bermuda

Firetrk

I am looking to book a cruise to Bermuda in August on the Summit. (1st time on Celebrity) and I would like to have my balcony overlooking the island. Can anyone tell me which side the ship will dock? From some of the other reviews it looks like they dock port side because the Breakaway is also there at the same time. Any help would be appreciated!

There is no way to know which side will face the island or the dock ahead of time. It could be either, depending on various reasons such as maintenance.

I have been on the Summit twice to Bermuda in the last few years and both times it docked on the port side, but I have known others who have taken the same trip and docked on the starboard side.

I am looking to book a cruise to Bermuda in August on the Summit. (1st time on Celebrity) and I would like to have my balcony overlooking the island. Can anyone tell me which side the ship will dock? From some of the other reviews it looks like they dock port side because the Breakaway is also there at the same time. Any help would be appreciated!

Doesn't matter, you'll have a view of the island regardless which side of the ship you're on.

Doesn't matter, you'll have a view of the island regardless which side of the ship you're on.

One will be the pier side and the other looking towards Hamilton.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

June 2013 Summit we docked in Bermuda and the pier was on our port side. As a previous poster said, from the non pier side you do have a view across the water of the Hamilton area of Bermuda, so there is a good view either way.

Only the Captain knows! The tides, currents and wind direction can effect which side they dock on. Also since the ship is in port three days thay can paint and do other maintenance work and do lifeboat drills where they drop boats to test the mechanisms. So it is not always the same side.

Starboard side.

Starting May you can check on Bermuda port web cam which side the ships dock...:D

Starboard side.
Nope, not a given like so many others posters said, it can be either or.

A number of years ago when ships docked in both Hamilton and St. George, there were 2 docks in St. George. Not only would you not know which side the ship would dock, you didn't even know which dock from one week to the next.:D Did a B2B with one week at Ordnance Island and the next at Penno's Wharf.:D

Starting May you can check on Bermuda port web cam which side the ships dock...:D

That will only show which side she is docked for that week's sailing.;)

Try to book an aft cabin. We had an AQ cabin on deck 11 last year on the Summit to Bermuda and it was fabulous. It's right above the Summit Bar so going to the smoking section for my hubby was easy whenever he wanted a cigarette. We also enjoyed listening to the music from our balcony.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Forums mobile app

Try to book an aft cabin. We had an AQ cabin on deck 11 last year on the Summit to Bermuda and it was fabulous. It's right above the Summit Bar so going to the smoking section for my hubby was easy whenever he wanted a cigarette. We also enjoyed listening to the music from our balcony.

They moved the smoking section on Constellation from back aft at the Sunset Bar on Deck 10 to the Pool Deck, port side. I hope they did the same on Summit.

Smoking was allowed at both the Summit Bar and the back of the pool deck in July.

Yes, it was also on Constellation last April, but they recently changed their smoking policy last month when my brother was on Connie -- no smoking anywhere at the Sunset/Oceanview Bar back aft on Deck 10. I'm just hoping they have changed the policy on all the M-Class ships to eliminate that area as a designated smoking area -- especially on Summit, which we will be taking next June.