Proposing to girlfriend - Adventure of the Seas

colesc15

Hi everyone. Im going to be in Adventure of the Seas in the next few months, and I'm considering proposing to my girlfriend of over three years during the vacation. No guarantees I decide to on the ship, but I'm looking for ideas and places of where I could do it. I'm not big on a bunch of attention because we are both fairly quiet and reserved. We're making stops in St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba and curacao. We've both been on many cruises before, including adventure of the Seas. One other thing I'm curious as to how it would work is how to get the ring down there with me via the flights without her knowing. I don't usually have a carry on bag, and I wouldn't feel comfortable putting it in the checked luggage incase the luggage gets lost by the airline.

I know there's idea threads out there, but I'm looking for more specific to my situation and ship and itinerary. :)

Viking lounge at sunset? On your balcony at sunset( if you have one)? Or sunrise at the previous during room service.

At a specialty restaurant on board? Main dining room onboard?

Walking Palm Beach in Aruba?

Walking the pontoon bridge in Curaçao? Just don't drop!

Meagans Bay in St. Thomas?

During a shore excursion?

I would have the ring in a carry on. Not in your pocket, you'll probably have to empty your pockets during boarding in San Juan, oops!

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

My hubby proposed to me on Adeventure! He waited until a formal night, after dinner we took a walk and he walked me outside and we sat on a bench listening to the waves/water in the dark. There was one family playing shuffle board down the way. As we are sitting there, suddenly the ring box appeared in his hand and he got down on his knee. I'm a hard person to surprise and I was really surprised. I have no idea where he had the ring box up until then. He swears he had it locked in the room safe and he was nervous I would see it. I don't know how I didn't....but it was a nice, romantic, quiet surprise! Everyone spent the rest of the week admiring my new engagement ring! Best of luck to you and your soon to be new bride!!!! Wink, wink

Wife and I celebrated our last anniversary on Princess last march with their Ultimate Balcony Dining. I recognize that your doing Royal but maybe there's an idea here. You do have a suite so you can do more than usual with room service.

Here's a video. Maybe it will give you some ideas. Maybe the concierge would help you work something out?

Edited by RocketMan275

One thing to note - I doubt the ring would set off any metal detector. My nor DW's rings have ever set one off.

I proposed to my wife during formal night on the bow of Freedom of the Seas.

I believe that we're (and I do mean "we're" as we will be on the same sailing :D) in Aruba until 10pm. You'd have the option of popping the question during sunset at, say, Palm Beach.

One thing to note - I doubt the ring would set off any metal detector. My nor DW's rings have ever set one off.

I proposed to my wife during formal night on the bow of Freedom of the Seas.

I believe that we're (and I do mean "we're" as we will be on the same sailing :D) in Aruba until 10pm. You'd have the option of popping the question during sunset at, say, Palm Beach.

That's definitely a top idea so far! Any idea where I could keep the ring until that late in the cruise? I wouldn't be able to put it in the safe because she'd see it in there

I don't usually have a carry on bag, and I wouldn't feel comfortable putting it in the checked luggage incase the luggage gets lost by the airline.

In a small camera case with a point and shoot camera (or video camera) that you are bringing for the cruise. Maybe even one small enough so that it fits in your pocket and would go in the little bowl when you get to the metal detector.

Just a thought. :)

We've spent some time in Aruba and I have a couple of thoughts for you. The is a very nice restaurant on Palm Beach that offers a sunset dinner called The Flying Fishbone. Another great Aruba option is a restaurant (actually an old Arubian mansion) called Papimento. Both appropriate places for such a special occasion!

If you prefer the ship for your venue, I might enlist the assistance of your Concierge (you will have access to him/her via the Grand Suite). They can be very valuable in such instances and may be able to arrange access to an area that others cannot normally access. I might suggest emailing in advance of your sailing to see what they can do for you.

Good luck!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi everyone. Im going to be in Adventure of the Seas in the next few months, and I'm considering proposing to my girlfriend of over three years during the vacation. No guarantees I decide to on the ship, but I'm looking for ideas and places of where I could do it. I'm not big on a bunch of attention because we are both fairly quiet and reserved. We're making stops in St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba and curacao. We've both been on many cruises before, including adventure of the Seas. One other thing I'm curious as to how it would work is how to get the ring down there with me via the flights without her knowing. I don't usually have a carry on bag, and I wouldn't feel comfortable putting it in the checked luggage incase the luggage gets lost by the airline.

I know there's idea threads out there, but I'm looking for more specific to my situation and ship and itinerary. :)

We got married on Adventure 3 years ago, unforgettable time on the ship.

With reference to your engagement ring you could purchase it in St Thomas and hide it in your carry on luggage that day.

Why not order room service to your room, set up on Balcony during a sunset sail away?

Have the room service attendant bring the ring with the food or something. (Or classic in the champagne glass)

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Another thing to think about - will she want to call her family? If so, you can use your cell phone in St. Thomas so if you propose in St. Thomas, she can immediately call her family. My brother proposed on a cruise, but proposed in San Juan so his girlfriend could call her parents.

Sounds exciting! Good luck!

That's definitely a top idea so far! Any idea where I could keep the ring until that late in the cruise? I wouldn't be able to put it in the safe because she'd see it in there

If you decide the bow of the ship, make sure you are docked. It will be too windy at seas, and might ruin the moment.

IMO....

Tom

At guest services there is a purser's safe where you could keep the ring. All you would need to do is discreetly ditch your girlfriend for enough time to get to guest services and check it into the safe - they give you a claim check - it's like safety deposit boxes in many cases. Putting valuables in this Purser's safe is better than in the safe in your stateroom because the ship is then responsible if it disappears.

I actually wore my future wife's wedding ring on my necklace around my neck when I flew and went through metal detectors. No issue setting anything off that way. Just had to make sure I wore a high collar done up.

As for storing it on the ship. I would put it in a section of my wallet and store that in the safe. Once in the safe, we rarely go in it.

If you and your fiancee are quiet, private people...I guess proposing during the Quest game show would be out:eek:

Well, we are part of a group of 15 that will be on the same sailing, I know that you mentioned you aren't in to a lot of attention. But if there is anything that we could do to help, let us know.

I definitely will! Thank you thank you!

I actually wore my future wife's wedding ring on my necklace around my neck when I flew and went through metal detectors. No issue setting anything off that way. Just had to make sure I wore a high collar done up.

As for storing it on the ship. I would put it in a section of my wallet and store that in the safe. Once in the safe, we rarely go in it.

If you and your fiancee are quiet, private people...I guess proposing during the Quest game show would be out:eek:

Lol yes during quest is definitely out of the question

I love the balcony at sunset idea. Can you order flowers on the ship to be delivered? Or the strawberries & champagne? Or is that too cheesy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Neither of us can stand the taste of champagne.. Not sure about that part, but the chocolate covered strawberries part would be nice on the balcony after a dinner out there