A couple of Suite Questions

dee1321

Just booked our first suite sailing in April on Freedom of the Seas. I am very excited and am trying not to tell my husband we actually have a GS instead of our typical balcony cabin.

Here are my questions:

1. I have seen on several threads that we should contact the concierge at least 2 weeks before sailing if we have not been contacted. I am not sure why we do this or how to do this...

2. We are planning on purchasing the drink packages($55 alcohol pkg) as we have done this in the past, but I know there is some type of drinks included for those in suites... is that correct? I enjoy having frozen cocktails around the pools during the day.

3.As a suite guest, how do you go about reserving a cabana on Labadee? I have been told I must wait until I board to see if any are still available.

Thanks for any pointers on staying in a Grand Suite. I am so excited!!

You can contact the Concierge via email: [noparse]FR_Concierge@rccl.com[/noparse]. The Concierge will take your request for a cabana.

During the evening cocktail hour in the Conceirge Lounge, you will have free soda, hourse wine/champagne, basic mixed drinks (no blender drinks), selected beers, and hot/cold snacks.

Edited by clarea

Drinks will be available in the Concierge Lounge daily 5:30-8:00 pm (or 6:00-8:30 pm)....you will need to check once onboard to find out the exact hours. The CL is open all day and there is a light (continental) breakfast in the morning. Coffe, etc.

Also, by being in a suite, you can order from the dining room menu (during the hours the dining room is open) for any meals you may want in your cabin.

Have a great cruise!

You will no doubt love the suite on FOS. The Concierge may contact you via email a week or 2 in advance but if not simple use the provided email in the previous post.

Regards Cabanas -- you should have no difficulty whatsoever-- you can reserve in advance via email or as we did-- on board with the Concierge. Either way you will be well cared for!!

Have fun-- we truly loved our GS 'experience' on the FOS

Bob,

Should I email concierge now or wait until closer to our cruise date? Thank you for your help in answering my questions.

Dee

I would email the Conceirge 2-3 weeks before the cruise.

Just booked our first suite sailing in April on Freedom of the Seas. I am very excited and am trying not to tell my husband we actually have a GS instead of our typical balcony cabin.

Here are my questions:

1. I have seen on several threads that we should contact the concierge at least 2 weeks before sailing if we have not been contacted. I am not sure why we do this or how to do this...

2. We are planning on purchasing the drink packages($55 alcohol pkg) as we have done this in the past, but I know there is some type of drinks included for those in suites... is that correct? I enjoy having frozen cocktails around the pools during the day.

3.As a suite guest, how do you go about reserving a cabana on Labadee? I have been told I must wait until I board to see if any are still available.

We ordered the drink package when we booked the GS even though we had access to the CL, the room has no windows and is rather small so can be crowded. It was great to try new drinks and if it wasn't to your liking pass on it and get a different one. Nothing beats the relaxation of not worrying what your bar bill will be! Enjoy your cruise and the cabana, which is the best way to experience Labadee!!

Normally you should receive an email from the concierge a week before your cruise asking what kind of cabana you want to reserve. Drinks are available in the CL each night from 5 to 830, but it does get crowded and there are no frozen drinks. You will love your GS, but it will be hard to go back to any other room !

I would reserve the cabana as soon as possible. There might be another ship in port the same day (there is another on our sailing on Independence in April) and the concierge said they have to split the cabanas for suite guests between both ships.

I have booked a Grand Suite, but my two grown children are in their own balcony cabins. I know that one of my perks is breakfast and lunch in one of the restaurants, but will my children be allowed to dine with me there?

Most likely not. The B/L option in the specialty restaurants is for gold card holders only. You will have gold cards because you are in a GS.

There are many family groups that travel together, and the suite benefits are limited only to those members that have actually booked one.

If dining together is important, you may wish to join them elsewhere, or you can meet somewhere after meals.

One thing you can do is dine together in your suite, if you want to have everyone over. Grand Suites can order off the dining room menu and have it delivered by room service. They will bring as many meals or items as you wish. :)

Most likely not. The B/L option in the specialty restaurants is for gold card holders only. You will have gold cards because you are in a GS.

There are many family groups that travel together, and the suite benefits are limited only to those members that have actually booked one.

If dining together is important, you may wish to join them elsewhere, or you can meet somewhere after meals.

One thing you can do is dine together in your suite, if you want to have everyone over. Grand Suites can order off the dining room menu and have it delivered by room service. They will bring as many meals or items as you wish. :)

And to add to this already helpful post, to have breakfast on your balcony, for 4, is a wonderful suite option.;)

Rick

Drinks will be available in the Concierge Lounge daily 5:30-8:00 pm (or 6:00-8:30 pm)....you will need to check once onboard to find out the exact hours. The CL is open all day and there is a light (continental) breakfast in the morning. Coffe, etc.

Also, by being in a suite, you can order from the dining room menu (during the hours the dining room is open) for any meals you may want in your cabin.

Have a great cruise!

The "Cocktail Hours" are either 4:30-8:00 or 5:00-8:30.

On the Freedom, it is the earlier time frame. The times are aligned with traditional dining times. On some ships, like Freedom, first seating is at 5:30. When first seating is at 6, cocktail time begins at 5.

:)

Do they supply you with a menu in the GS for breakfast/lunch/dinner? or is that something that is only provided in the daily compass?

We have a party of 6 on Adventure of the Seas, my stepson and friend are in a PR and my sister and husband are in an ocean view (I believe). not sure if any other family members are going to join us at this point or not. I believe there are only inner cabins left... Anyway We only have 1 sail day, the first day, which is also my birthday. I am not one to make a big deal of my b-day and I really don't like people singing to me in restaurants. I guess my question is would there be enough space on the balcony for dinner for 6 or in the GS or are we better off in the main dining room and I cross my finger no one in the group has a death wish and blurts it to the staff lol

also as a side note does anyone have the email for the concierge on AOS so I can add it to my contacts vs missing it in spam

Sorry to the OP, just hate starting new threads for similar info :) This is our first GS too :D

Here are my questions

We had a grand suite on Sernade of the seas, drinks were served from 5.30 to 8, we were even given a glass of wine to take to dinner. Problem was the lounge was open for suite guests and diamond members. Some nights you could not get in it was so crowded - there were a lot of people determined to get their drinks no matter how busy it was! We ended up skipping it as it was just too busy. Guess it depends on how many crown and anchor members are on board. Quietest days were port days where we choose to stay aboard!

This was a while ago, maybe they have separate lounges now!:)

Do they supply you with a menu in the GS for breakfast/lunch/dinner? or is that something that is only provided in the daily compass?

We have a party of 6 on Adventure of the Seas, my stepson and friend are in a PR and my sister and husband are in an ocean view (I believe). not sure if any other family members are going to join us at this point or not. I believe there are only inner cabins left... Anyway We only have 1 sail day, the first day, which is also my birthday. I am not one to make a big deal of my b-day and I really don't like people singing to me in restaurants. I guess my question is would there be enough space on the balcony for dinner for 6 or in the GS or are we better off in the main dining room and I cross my finger no one in the group has a death wish and blurts it to the staff lol

also as a side note does anyone have the email for the concierge on AOS so I can add it to my contacts vs missing it in spam

Sorry to the OP, just hate starting new threads for similar info :) This is our first GS too :D

You will find menus in your suite for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Your attendant will keep them updated. We really enjoyed dining in. :)

Note the _ between ship code and concierge

The format for the email address for the concierge on RCI is ShipCode_Concierge@rccl.com. The ship code for Adventure is AD, so the address is AD_Concierge@rccl.com

Edited by uksimonusa

Yes, there will be daily menus in the suite. There is no dining table like in an OS and the balcony table might fit four but I think it would be tight.

I have booked a Grand Suite, but my two grown children are in their own balcony cabins. I know that one of my perks is breakfast and lunch in one of the restaurants, but will my children be allowed to dine with me there?

Suite guests used to be able to go to Portifino's for a full breakfast, but now I see that has changed to Giovannies table. Not sure how this will work now, but hope it stays the same !