"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Radio, As much as Linda and I cruise I still always get great enjoyment out of reading your LIVE commentary. Also your great pics. We sailed the Holiday sailing and admit that as long as this ship has DD we will not sail her again. Nor will we sail any ship any line with DD.

I will look forward to your perspective sailing more than the 2 day cruise. No matter how we reviewed her I know a few days at sea with you will be an interesting time! Have a great cruise.

We have Carnival Pride booked May 10th in that favorite aft suite of ours. Really looking forward to good old traditional dining. There may be a lot of shorts in that dining room but that's fine, still beats the alternatives and there is anytime as well for those that prefer that.

Also have Royal Princess booked for Oct 1 really looking forward to that. Have good friends sailing in side by side PH suites, can't wait. Hopefully we will again someday meet up on board.

You doing any Bermuda sailing this summer?

George in NY

Radio, As much as Linda and I cruise I still always get great enjoyment out of reading your LIVE commentary. Also your great pics. We sailed the Holiday sailing and admit that as long as this ship has DD we will not sail her again. Nor will we sail any ship any line with DD.

I will look forward to your perspective sailing more than the 2 day cruise. No matter how we reviewed her I know a few days at sea with you will be an interesting time! Have a great cruise.

We have Carnival Pride booked May 10th in that favorite aft suite of ours. Really looking forward to good old traditional dining. There may be a lot of shorts in that dining room but that's fine, still beats the alternatives and there is anytime as well for those that prefer that.

Also have Royal Princess booked for Oct 1 really looking forward to that. Have good friends sailing in side by side PH suites, can't wait. Hopefully we will again someday meet up on board.

You doing any Bermuda sailing this summer?

George in NY

Thanks for the nice comments, George in NY . . . Yes, I plan on sailing to Bermuda this year :)

As for DD. . . I am not one that cruises for dining. I Cruise for Cruising ! I will be sure to let everyone know if Dynamic Dining is "Radio Friendly" , but as a Radio fan, you may know that I often travel solo (like this cruise) and often dine in Windjammer.

Cruise Critic members will view this sailing through my eyes. . .Hopefully it will be pleasant, but I will report the positives and negative as I experience them.

PS: I am planning on sailing Carnival Pride too this year. . . I'm sure our paths will cross again at sea :)

Radio

;);)

Radio- if you are planning to use the NJ Turnpike for your trip today, check the traffic before you leave. There was a fatal accident on it this morning so there may still be some closures.

Wow, thanks Polomom. . . I don't really want to be in traffic :eek:

I will be leaving very soon.

Radio

;);)

Radio, I truly love your style of "Live". I followed your 2 night cruise posts.

It is truly like reading a travel magazine, with plenty of photos and video! Love the preview video. Could you please report on where you can get fresh brewed coffee and specialty coffees, the cost and the quality? Also do they offer a Coffee Card, or Coffee package other than being part of the replenish package. Thanks so much, and ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!

My new husband doesn't care for cruising. Thank you so much for doing these "Live" reviews.

I cruise through your reviews.

My wife and I just read that and both said at same time " aww that's so sad ."

Is it to late to trade him in? Can I presume he has never sailed? I am the original couch potato and HATE to travel yet have done 63 cruises, not like real traveling.( accept on Quantum just like home dining, sorry could't help myself )

After retiring from first career I did three years as a cruise only agent back in early 90's. Husbands never wanted to go booked begrudgingly to please wife. After they returned husbands were almost always the first back to book number two. They loved not having to decide where to eat, where to go to get entertained, wive being happy sitting in sun etc.

Make him GO once!!! ( but on something less stressful than DD )

Or just read your profile into body building then maybe he is as well? hen book him on a southern caribbean itinerary, usually am island a day, booked strenuous stuff like bike riding whatever in every port.

George in NY

Edited by Georgeny

Radio, Two years i was on Explorer of the Seas with you. I have been following your reports for a at least 5 years now. Love them. Will be qlued to this report also since we will be going on Quantum in April 2015. Thanks for all the great work you put into your reports. Sandy

Edited by dopey1956

My wife and I just read that and both said at same time " aww that's so sad ."

Is it to late to trade him in? Can I presume he has never sailed? I am the original couch potato and HATE to travel yet have done 63 cruises, not like real traveling.( accept on Quantum just like home dining, sorry could't help myself )

After retiring from first career I did three years as a cruise only agent back in early 90's. Husbands never wanted to go booked begrudgingly to please wife. After they returned husbands were almost always the first back to book number two. They loved not having to decide where to eat, where to go to get entertained, wive being happy sitting in sun etc.

Make him GO once!!! ( but on something less stressful than DD )

Or just read your profile into body building then maybe he is as well? hen book him on a southern caribbean itinerary, usually am island a day, booked strenuous stuff like bike riding whatever in every port.

George in NY

I wouldn't trade him in for the world :D

He has cruised once and he felt nickled and dimed the whole time. We go to all-inclusive places. I'm actually enjoying them more than I use to. Some day I may be able to talk him into taking a cruise with me and maybe that will change his mind. We'll be relocating out of the country 1st quarter of this year for 2-4 years so our vacations will be coming back to the US to see family. I'll continue to cruise through all of your reviews. :)

Edited by mrssully

Hi Radio (Mark),

Safe travels to NJ today. I'll be following along as usual. I have a friend that will be sailing with you to celebrate her 60th birthday. Will tell her to be on the lookout for you ;).

Take good care of her, I'm on the April 12th sailing with Bugsy, Emmy and several others. Bon Voyage!

Anne