New Carnival Cruise Ship to Feature First IMAX at Sea, Aerial Cycling Ride and Onboar

LauraS

Sounds great. That's by far the most innovations I've seen on a new class of CCL ship. I guess they are serious about competing with the latest RCI and NCL newbuilds. I will give it a try when it homeports out of NYC, the end of next year....:)

Sounds great. That's by far the most innovations I've seen on a new class of CCL ship. I guess they are serious about competing with the latest RCI and NCL newbuilds. I will give it a try when it homeports out of NYC, the end of next year....:)

That's kinda what I was hoping to see, but other than some new amenities, it still seems like Carnival is stuck on the same old ship design. I was really hoping to see somehting new from them.

That's kinda what I was hoping to see, but other than some new amenities, it still seems like Carnival is stuck on the same old ship design. I was really hoping to see somehting new from them.

for example???

One of the earliest things I learned was how simple it is to complain. The hard part is to complain and then provide a couple of ideas and/or solutions.

I like the new innovations and new ideas of outside dining options on the Lani on Deck 5.

I like the new Havana cabana cabins in the back of the ship.

I like the new Family Only areas designed into the ship.

I like the idea of an IMAX Theater

Just got off of RCCL's Freedom of the Seas. They don't have anything like these things. They have other unique features, but sure didn't WOW me.

for example???

One of the earliest things I learned was how simple it is to complain. The hard part is to complain and then provide a couple of ideas and/or solutions.

I like the new innovations and new ideas of outside dining options on the Lani on Deck 5.

I like the new Havana cabana cabins in the back of the ship.

I like the new Family Only areas designed into the ship.

I like the idea of an IMAX Theater

Just got off of RCCL's Freedom of the Seas. They don't have anything like these things. They have other unique features, but sure didn't WOW me.

You really missed my point. I wasn't knocking the additions. My post wasn't a "my cruise line is better than yours." What I'm saying is, I was hoping Carnival was building something totally new, not yet another ship with the same layout that's been a slow evolution since Conquest. Vista looks like a Dream Class ship. Princess, NCL, and RCI recently came out with all new ship designs...not just the same ships with different on board amenities.

And it's not a complaint. It's my observation. You want my idea or solution. That's not hard at all. I would like for Carnival to build something different to create more variety in their fleet.

You really missed my point. I wasn't knocking the additions. My post wasn't a "my cruise line is better than yours." What I'm saying is, I was hoping Carnival was building something totally new, not yet another ship with the same layout that's been a slow evolution since Conquest. Vista looks like a Dream Class ship. Princess, NCL, and RCI recently came out with all new ship designs...not just the same ships with different on board amenities.

And it's not a complaint. It's my observation. You want my idea or solution. That's not hard at all. I would like for Carnival to build something different to create more variety in their fleet.

Sailed on the Dream and the Breeze. Loved both ships! Even IF the Vista is just an evolution of the Dream class, then that's perfectly fine with me. Can't wait to sail it.

From my perspective, I would say it's an evolution of the Dream class. The best of the Dream plus many new and exciting innovations.:D

I just booked the last Med itinerary and the TA and the rates were so good, that if I end up having to cruise solo, it's still a great value. I'm really excited at the moment, but it's a lonnnnng wait till embarkation!! The Vista looks amazing. Regards, Jaclyn

I saw photos of Vista, and I gotta hand it to Carnival: I was pleasantly surprised by it. I was half-expecting a massive, uninviting-looking ship, like Oasis or Allure, but it looks pretty sleek, and even slightly reminiscent of more classic ships. The new outdoor dining areas and the sports venues should be awesome. I also would love to try the Seafood Shack, even with extra cost, although it feels like a paid version of the Conquest class's Fish and Chips venue.

I only have two gripes with Vista: (1) the suite-exclusive Havana pool, that limits access to one of the most scenic areas of the ship with a view of the wakes, and (2) I'm pretty sure it'll sport those god-awful Playlist Productions shows.

I also have a question. The Red Frog Pub is now called Red Frog Pub and Brewery. Does that mean it'll have a microbrewery in the back, or is that just a fancy name?

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I hear you. The Spirit Class was the last time design-wise that Carnival thought out of the box.

I saw photos of Vista, and I gotta hand it to Carnival: I was pleasantly surprised by it. I was half-expecting a massive, uninviting-looking ship, like Oasis or Allure, but it looks pretty sleek, and even slightly reminiscent of more classic ships. The new outdoor dining areas and the sports venues should be awesome. I also would love to try the Seafood Shack, even with extra cost, although it feels like a paid version of the Conquest class's Fish and Chips venue.

I only have two gripes with Vista: (1) the suite-exclusive Havana pool, that limits access to one of the most scenic areas of the ship with a view of the wakes, and (2) I'm pretty sure it'll sport those god-awful Playlist Productions shows.

I also have a question. The Red Frog Pub is now called Red Frog Pub and Brewery. Does that mean it'll have a microbrewery in the back, or is that just a fancy name?

I 100% agree about the Playlist Productions being horrible. I feel so bad for the dancers. You can tell that many of them have real talent but the outfits and the choreography are just ....ick. I have no words to describe how cheesy their costumes are. I'll take the Vegas show girls in thongs back please.

Edited by afamnheidi

On a better note. We're Booked on the May 1st sailing in a Havana Cabana! So Excited. Did the inaugural cruise on the Dream back in 2009. Croatia was my favorite port. I can't wait to see Dubrovnik again! The roll call is up!!

Edited by afamnheidi

I was disappointed too to see that it looks like every other ship they operate other than the Fantasy or Spirit class. It still looks like a nice ship, though will be very crowded. I seriously wonder if keeping a similar design is done for either brand recognition or if there is a cost savings in doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was disappointed too to see that it looks like every other ship they operate other than the Fantasy or Spirit class. It still looks like a nice ship, though will be very crowded. I seriously wonder if keeping a similar design is done for either brand recognition or if there is a cost savings in doing so.

You must not have looked at the deck plan. Totally different layout. Not like any other Carnival Class.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

You must not have looked at the deck plan. Totally different layout. Not like any other Carnival Class.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

No didn't look at the deck plans. I was referring more to its outside appearance more than anything. There is nothing really distinctive about it