Naturalists on celebrity

lovetotraveltx

I've read alot of those threads on the Alaska board and it seems alot of Princess/HAL fans like to say those lines are so much better due to naturalists and because they have been in the area longer....for whatever that's supposed to mean. :confused:

I cruised Alaska on the Millennium in 2012 and I cruised Alaska on HAL last year. The naturalist on Millennium was every bit as good as the naturalist on the Zuiderdam. He was a wealth of information. Brent Nixon sounds familiar, so it might have been him. He narrated as we entered Hubbard Glacier and he gave several presentations in the theater...exactly the same as what we expereinced on HAL.

Thank you, Paul! Yes the "consensus", even among strangers when they hear I'm doing Alaska is you have to do Princess or HAL. And, actually Princess wins.

Our TA brought up some good points about looking at Celebrity for our needs/wants and quite a few things won me over.

Thank you everyone for your positive comments on the fully dressed Naturalists!

If you want that try the Constellation Feb. 6, 2016

Different strokes for different folks.:rolleyes:

The "nude" cruise is Feb. 12-21st... I know because we are on the Feb. 21st cruise.

I wish the cruise before us had a bunch of Naturalists instead of "Naturists"...

It sounds like there are a number of good Naturalists out there. I had Brent Nixon and still say he was the best lecturer I've ever heard on any subject in my life! When you can top Dick Feynman as a lecturer that is saying something.

Thom

If I was doing a nude cruise I think I'd head for someplace warm, not Alaska:eek:. I have been swimming at Deception Island in Antarctica, some things are better done where it is warm.

We are new to Celebrity; are naturalists on any other itins besides Alaska?

We have had both Milos and Don Enright on trans-pacific cruises with Don continuing on a south pacific cruise. Also we've had naturalists on Pacific coastal cruises and also when Celebrity was doing Hawaii RTs out of San Diego. In addition Milos was on one of our three full Panama Canal transits; the other two PC transits had Marty Harrington who did a number of presentations on the Canal and Panama.

But all of our Celebrity sailings have had speakers with expertise in some topic; even if we don't think the topic sounds appealing we always attend the first lecture as we can surprise ourselves.