Naturalists on celebrity

lovetotraveltx

There is a lot of talk on the Alaska section of this board about naturalists on board certain ships.

How good is/are the naturalist on celebrity millennium?

Hard to answer that question without knowing who the naturalist is.

I'm a major fan of Brent Nixon--if you get him, you'll be lucky.

Unless the "suits" in Miami have made a financial decision over the winter there will be a naturalist onboard Celebrity Alaska cruise sailings.

As residents of Alaska neither my husband nor I were particularly enamored with Brent Nixon (we had him on an Infinity Alaska sailing). We have had Milos on Alaska, Panama Canal and trans-Pacific sailings, and found him absolutely wonderful. We also have had Don Enright on Alaska, trans-Pacific and South Pacific sailings, and also thought he was fantastic.

OMG. When I first read the title I thought of people running around the ship naked. It never occured to me that you all were talking about the Euell Gibbons type people. :o

I'm with you AZbeachboy - that was my thought too when I read the title so had to have a bit of a giggle when I realised I was totally wrong!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ditto all those folks thinking naked peeps running around the Ship. Was thinking that they would charter the Ship if that was the case.

I Hope so!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OMG. When I first read the title I thought of people running around the ship naked. It never occured to me that you all were talking about the Euell Gibbons type people. :o

If you want that try the Constellation Feb. 6, 2016

Different strokes for different folks.:rolleyes:

There is a lot of talk on the Alaska section of this board about naturalists on board certain ships.

How good is/are the naturalist on celebrity millennium?

I've read alot of those threads on the Alaska board and it seems alot of Princess/HAL fans like to say those lines are so much better due to naturalists and because they have been in the area longer....for whatever that's supposed to mean. :confused:

I cruised Alaska on the Millennium in 2012 and I cruised Alaska on HAL last year. The naturalist on Millennium was every bit as good as the naturalist on the Zuiderdam. He was a wealth of information. Brent Nixon sounds familiar, so it might have been him. He narrated as we entered Hubbard Glacier and he gave several presentations in the theater...exactly the same as what we expereinced on HAL.

Exactly what I thought! OMG! A nudist cruise!:D

Exactly what I thought! OMG! A nudist cruise!:D

This is one of those things were one letter makes a big difference. I believe the folks without clothing are referred to as "Naturists"

We are new to Celebrity; are naturalists on any other itins besides Alaska?

Don't know about other itins, but the Galapagos itineraries definitely have naturalists.

On our Western Caribbean itinerary there was not one that I was aware of.

What should we wear on formal night?

I got to investigating this after it was mentioned on here. There are about four firms that charter major lines for nude cruises. Believe it or not their dress requirements for dinner are stricter that the cruise lines.

Men always have to have a dark suit or tux on formal nights and they prefer a bow tie when you have a dark suit on to make it seems more like a tux. They say they want to keep the ambiance of the traditional cruise.

Jacket and slacks all other nights.

Nudity is only allowed on the pools decks and above. Although women are allowed to dance topless at the disco.:D:D

I don't remember his name (it was our first cruise and I didn't know CC protocol for knowing the crew; Milos does sound familiar), but he was a riot. My wife and I still use his terminology daily. "Pointy" end vs. "blunty" end of the ship. When looking for bald eagles, look for the "golf balls." Ubiquitous, small brown birds ("LBBs" or "Little Brown Birds") are superfluous when you're looking for eagles.

I don't remember his name (it was our first cruise and I didn't know CC protocol for knowing the crew; Milos does sound familiar), but he was a riot. My wife and I still use his terminology daily. "Pointy" end vs. "blunty" end of the ship. When looking for bald eagles, look for the "golf balls." Ubiquitous, small brown birds ("LBBs" or "Little Brown Birds") are superfluous when you're looking for eagles.

This help?

Milos on the right, to the pictures left Canada's leading expert on me. :p

314p7d1.jpg