How many of y'all that cruise Celebrity are from the South?

MCKC

I am from really south, Australia but when we were touring in the USA (southern states) a lot of people thought we were from Austin Texas, as I was wearing a Long horn cap and have a funny accent.;)

Mic you certainly are! :)

I love your South, we have been all over it. :D

Well my husband and I just got off our third Celebrity cruise and had a great time. But several times on this trip we would be talking with another couple and once we got to the portion of the conversation about us being from Dallas, the conversation ended immediately.

Seems odd, and I doubt that it's simply that people didn't want to associate with Texans. Any chance that in talking about where you live, you were indirectly and inadvertently critical of the North or people who live there? I don't in any way mean to imply that you were rude or anything like that, or that you were intentionally critical, but could you have been describing your geographical home in some way that others might have perceived as critical of other areas and thus taken offense and decided to end the conversation?

Hi back at ya, Tom.

Great to hear from you and Liz. I know you've had a terrible winter this year. Good to see you getting out of the cold.

Happy Anniversary back at you! Hope your family trip is great. Maybe we'll sail with you again soon.

for the thread: I'm both North and South! Born and raised in Brooklyn, NYC but married a good old Southern boy from Georgia and Memphis. We've lived in Knoxville since the early 70's and people still know I'm not from East Tennessee.

Never had a problem with X cruisers- in fact our residence makes a great conversation starter!

Mic you certainly are! :)

I love your South, we have been all over it. :D

Great to hear that you have experienced Australia and not just one city and a cruise. We would welcome you (and anyone else) any time you want to return:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Seems odd, and I doubt that it's simply that people didn't want to associate with Texans. Any chance that in talking about where you live, you were indirectly and inadvertently critical of the North or people who live there? I don't in any way mean to imply that you were rude or anything like that, or that you were intentionally critical, but could you have been describing your geographical home in some way that others might have perceived as critical of other areas and thus taken offense and decided to end the conversation?
I'm thinking along the same lines, there has to be something else in play here.