Live - Quantum of the Seas - 2nd Feb - 11 Night Eastern (W/PHOTOS & VIDEOS)

ocav

Oscav,

I know what you mean about the picnic in Labaddee.

We were thinking the same thing the last time we were there.

Plus the BBQ food we had like the ribs were cold.

Labaddee is beautiful though. We always go early and grab

one of the blue cabanas at the end of the island and really

enjoy the shade and the beach, then go back for lunch on the ship.

Can't wait until tomorrow to read more about your reviews.

Thank you so much.

The Grande is not grand, slow service and cold food. Waited a half hour for appetizers lobster bisque tasted like condensed soup. Steak was barely warm. By far worst service and food of the cruise so far.

Edited by MikeDaDog

Hi, guys, it's Merion Mom, chiming in while we are still docked in San Juan and I have free internet on my phone. ;)

1. I had the filet mignon (part of the surf 'n' turf) in American Icon last night, and it was every bit as good as a Chops filet!!!!!! :eek:

2. Ken Rush has been fine so far.

3. Yes, the Activities Manager's name is Katie Turner, and she is one of the two best in the RC fleet,IMO. (The other is Darryl Dyball)

4. You CAN get internet for about $15 a day with the right package.

5. Jeff Tracta is not really a comedian. He is an impersonator/impressionist and a singer, and he is a FANTASTIC one.

6. Troy Thirdgill is one of the funniest comedians I have ever heard on a cruise. His late night show was even funnier.

7. Ollie, call me. We'll have a drink. Cabin 6648.

No, gentle readers, I am not afraid of bad people. :rolleyes:

:)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Hi, guys, it's Merion Mom, chiming in while we are still docked in San Juan and I have free internet on my phone. ;)

1. I had the filet mignon (part of the surf 'n' turf) in American Icon last night, and it was every bit as good as a Chops filet!!!!!! :eek:

3. Yes, the Activities Manager's name is Katie Turner, and she is one of the two best in the RC fleet,IMO. (The other is Darryl Dyball)

5. Jeff Tracta is not really a comedian. He is an impersonator/impressionist and a singer, and he is a FANTASTIC one.

6. Troy Thirdgill is one of the funniest comedians I have ever heard on a cruise. His late night show was even funnier.

Have reserved shows, but didn't notice late night comedy. is that booked on board?

Have reserved shows, but didn't notice late night comedy. is that booked on board?

Not on the Quantum till April but my guess is you don't need to book these types of shows. Late night comedy is probably just listed in your compass just like any other house shows, also Love & Marriage or Majority Rules game shows.

Edited by beachbuddy

I was able to book "guest entertainer" which was described as "adult" show for 10:30pm one night. No other details. I'm on the February 20 cruise.

Glad to hear all is going well! Were you able to find Dario by chance? Hope you have great weather today in St Thomas! :)

3. Yes, the Activities Manager's name is Katie Turner, and she is one of the two best in the RC fleet,IMO.

Everything else of Ken Rush this cruise has been fantastic, I guess only about 3 people heard his phone call in the Music Hall, the rest of the publicly fronted things he has done were superb.

Katie certainly deserves some credit, she's very quick, and on the ball with some of her replies and in a sense is funnier than Ken. The activities manager I had on Liberty was purely onboard to speak Spanish and it was very clear so Katie has been a nice surprise.

QUICK UPDATE:

We arrived in St Thomas this morning in Havensight and it's beautiful weather (even though my phone didn't update and predicted St Thomas would have snow...)

I've got a bit of a cough going on today, mostly due to the atmosphere changes (I've never experienced temperatures and humidity like the Caribbean before) so I'm taking a relax onboard however Senõr Frog is calling with its 18+ drinking policy.

I dined at Jamie's Italian last night and if you only do one speciality restaurant, make it this one. It's $30pp for dinner although that's a lot cheaper than dining at a landslide Jamie's in England.

The Windjammer has a nice outdoor seating at the back which is well worth it on quieter port days for lunch.

I'm going to head to Two70 in a bit; laptop in hand. I will reupload the Bionic Bar video for those who are having problems, plus I should have some sail in footage of San Juan, and of course a few photos of Labadee.

If anyone has any questions they want answered I'm all ears!

We made reservations for Decadence Bistro in the Solarium,

Can you please tell me if this restaurant is worth going to for dinner?

And is it a smaller than the other complementary restaurants??

It's a lot smaller than the other restaurants and I haven't really heard anyone boasting about it, it's more a lunch venue tbh

I think it's worth it for dinner. I had dinner there twice. They have some appetizers you could combine to make a meal. I especially liked the roasted tomato soup. It's simple but very tasty. Also the salad with the marinated steak on it was good for main course.

Denise

I enjoyed Devinly Decandence as well..in fact, the chef, Devin Alexander boarded a couple days ago to make some adjustmemts.

The chicken satay, meatballs and blueberry margarita were awesome too!

The items are all under 500 calories and the desserts have no artificial sweeteners...it is NOT like you are eating rabbit food...it was all very tasty...The cowboy tenderloin was excellent as well...

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Edited by megr1125

Ocav,

Thanks for the info. I made reservations for dinner already,

can't wait for April to get here soon enough. So looking forward to this cruise.

Please keep the pictures and postings coming, you are doing a great job. Thanks

Thank you DKNY and Megr1125,

For your info on Decadence Bistro.

I'll take all the info I can get. Good to hear what others have experience

on this new ship. Thanks again.

Ocav,

Thanks for the info. I made reservations for dinner already,

can't wait for April to get here soon enough. So looking forward to this cruise.

Please keep the pictures and postings coming, you are doing a great job. Thanks

Thank you DKNY and Megr1125,

For your info on Decadence Bistro.

I'll take all the info I can get. Good to hear what others have experience

on this new ship. Thanks again.

After not booking anything tonight, no big things calling me on entertainment or anything I've booked Devinly Decadence tonight, will get back to you!

Thank you for your updates and time spent for us. We love you for it!!! I'll be boarding in 12 days and having approx. 70" of snow by the time the cruise comes along...I'll be ready for that warm tropical air.

In your experience, how many days did it take from leaving new jersey before you felt the air turn to a warmer climate?

Thank you for your updates and time spent for us. We love you for it!!! I'll be boarding in 12 days and having approx. 70" of snow by the time the cruise comes along...I'll be ready for that warm tropical air.

In your experience, how many days did it take from leaving new jersey before you felt the air turn to a warmer climate?

It was day 2 really, we had just gone a little south of the Carolinas and everyone was up in pool deck sunning themselves, however Labadee was a whole lot warmer than the 2nd sea day.

It's a lot smaller than the other restaurants and I haven't really heard anyone boasting about it, it's more a lunch venue tbh

I had dinner at Devinly Decadence the first night, and REALLY enjoyed my meal.

I think that I'll go back tonight, and maybe this time I'll remember to take some pictures! ;

I had dinner at Devinly Decadence the first night, and REALLY enjoyed my meal.

I think that I'll go back tonight, and maybe this time I'll remember to take some pictures! ;

I enjoyed the meal I had on Sunday night there, met Devin who departed last stop, but she was lovely and very enjoyable food, however I wouldn't have paid for it had it remained speciality