Live - Quantum of the Seas - 2nd Feb - 11 Night Eastern (W/PHOTOS & VIDEOS)

ocav

I was going to start this with some of my comedy roots, however it wont be the same...

LIVE FROM CAPE LIBERTY NEW JERSEY, ITS MONDAY AFTERNOON!

Itinerary

Mon 2 - Cape Liberty

Tue/Wed 3/4 - At Sea

Thu 5 - Labadee

Fri 6 - San Juan

Sat 7 - Charlotte Amelie

Sun 8 - St Kitts

Mon 9 - St Marteen

Tue/Wed/Thu 10/11/12 - At Sea

Fri 13 - Cape Liberty

What should you expect...

Not a superb review, im not Radio (all though thanks Radio for getting me pumped for this one)

Lots of Photos

Lots of Videos

Terrible Jokes and Puns

UPDATE #1 - SNOW

As a Brit who isn't used to snow, this is very nice. Boarding was a little hectic, most people seemed to be arriving as early as they could in order to avoid getting caught up in the snow.

After a drink and snack, I headed up to the cabin, its spacious, not massively spacious however, but its usable.

Ken Rush is the CD and he is on with his "welcome onboard" message on the tvs already.

Will have some videos/photos tomorrow all being well.

EXCELLENT -- thank you for doing this! Looking forward to your report but more importantly, your RETURN....as we will be getting on the Quantum as you leave.

Smooth seas...maybe free WIFI (although I heard that is no longer) and post as much as you can!!!!

I concerned as I am on the Quantum 2/20 and feel it must have been a mess today with people having to dig out their cars due to the snow we had last week and the new passengers arriving looking to park their cars.

Can you find out what is the status of the "parking garage" that was suppose to be completed by February 2015?

Sail away is currently a little late due to the "inclement weather" either a few passengers still not onboard, but they are also still putting food and luggage on down below.

Found out one thing... The Solarium bar doesn't do ordinary drinks, just "health drinks" and will not accept drinks packages!

I just got off the Quantum today and wishing I was still on board, so I'll be following along too. I'm not surprised that the ship might be leaving a little late. I saw on the morning news while I was packing up in our cabin that a lot of flights into Newark were cancelled and they probably want to give more people a chance to catch the ship.

(BTW, someone asked about the parking lot today. It wasn't too bad - they did a good job of clearing out most of the snow. Of course we had a little work to scrape the snow/ice off our vehicle - just bad luck this time. They asked the new folks coming in to park in a different side of the lot from us so they could plow out where we were all parked.)

The parking garage is not even under construction yet..at least it sure did not look that way when i arrived on the 23rd

nor when I left today...it probably will be summer before it is done....maybe.

The lot was not bad...aside from scraping the crap off the cars, no issue getting out.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Firstly answer the q's

1) I did not see a parking structure of any kind.

2) Lady Q left late due to the snow meaning food pallets were still being boarded at 6pm. Also leaving it as late as possible to give people time with the flight delays in the tri-state area.

Photos and Videos coming tomorrow, im planning on getting the laptop set up somewhere and getting them off my camera, edited, and uploaded so stay tuned! (Possibly Two70 because food.)

After Muster I headed and chilled in the Solarium for the 2 hour wait, before giving up waiting for sailaway and heading back to the cabin to prepare for dinner.

Dinner tonight was in The Grande (informal tonight). Menu consisted of most of the items listed on the website and a simple tastes menu which included New York Strip Steak, Chicken Fillet, and Pasta.

Assistant waiters are back and are all very bubbly, food was VERY quick and great quality. No wait in line or nothing.

I took a few hoops in the very empty SeaPlex to burn off some Steak based calories and then headed to check out Majority Rules in Music Hall (now comes the juicy bits).

Firstly, Mamma Mia has been cancelled the first 2 nights due to cast illness and has been replaced later in the week, so I guess it was a little busier as people may have adjusted their dinner plans.

Secondly, it was the first time I met the Cruise Director, in the Music Hall, he was at the bar doing some organising which I then heard him phone down the the people hosting MR checking they were beginning in 2 minutes, quite rudely.

It gets worse, he then moves to the seat 3 away from me when I head back, to which I then hear him discussing, irately, at another member of staff over the phone how he hadn't met the woman who is hosting MR, she's new onboard today, and he was annoyed that she was working her first night, he then said "well we will discuss this in senior staff meeting tomorrow as this isn't company policy and we all know that is (someone) found out they would agree with me".

This is in front of guests. During an event. On his phone. 5 steps from a staff area which would have been more professional.

First impressions of him - Lets just say in MR they asked "Who would you like to throw overboard?"

First impressions of every other member of staff - As good, if not better than the standard RCI service.

Anyway, sleep time for me, M&M in the morning followed by a photo/video import/edit/upload day.

Wonderful! I'm glad I stumbled upon your live review by accident. I was on the January 11 12-night sailing, and then followed Radio's live review and now yours. I feel like I'm on a back to back to back! So thank you!

Celeste

Hi Celeste

I just couldn't follow Radio last week. It was too soon. But I think I can follow here and play catch up on Radio. I miss that big blue hunk of metal with the magenta bear. 😊

Denise