Live - Quantum of the Seas - 2nd Feb - 11 Night Eastern (W/PHOTOS & VIDEOS)

ocav

We were on the Jan. 11th Southern Caribbean 12 day sailing. We had the free wi-fi. How much is your package since we are taking the Anthem in January to the same ports. It was a great cruise! Following yours to relive it again. :)

Premium - $259 (Unlimited 2 devices)

Premium Plus - $299 (Unlimited 2 devices)

I will get the full price list from the front desk and upload later today

Premium - $259 (Unlimited 2 devices)

Premium Plus - $299 (Unlimited 2 devices)

I will get the full price list from the front desk and upload later today

I would appreciate that...wasn't expecting it to be that high at 21-25 a day....thought it was more like 15 a day for one device.

I would appreciate that...wasn't expecting it to be that high at 21-25 a day....thought it was more like 15 a day for one device.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423086976.709605.jpg.f63b41946d30f28b9e2f005d85190a0a.jpg

Agreed. I was not expecting this cost.

I can say now it's settled its quite reliable however nowhere near as advertised, I may bring it up with Guest Relations.

I chose the Premium package which lists the ability to use Skype. If it says that I expect Skypes minimum specs, 0.4Mbps, however pinging directly to Skype comes up as 0.2Mbps.

Fastest I've managed to get has been O3Bs servers in Miami with 0.98Mbps

[ATTACH]339156[/ATTACH]

Agreed. I was not expecting this cost.

I can say now it's settled its quite reliable however nowhere near as advertised, I may bring it up with Guest Relations.

I chose the Premium package which lists the ability to use Skype. If it says that I expect Skypes minimum specs, 0.4Mbps, however pinging directly to Skype comes up as 0.2Mbps.

Fastest I've managed to get has been O3Bs servers in Miami with 0.98Mbps

Hello,

Thanks for the information. We will be sailing on the Quantum in a few weeks and are very interested in knowing exactly what is the difference in the "unlimited" packages. We tried to download your picture of the information, but it was too small to read and when we tried to increase the size, resolution was very poor. Could you give us more details? Or if this information might be available elsewhere.

Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to learning more about your sailing!

Hello,

Thanks for the information. We will be sailing on the Quantum in a few weeks and are very interested in knowing exactly what is the difference in the "unlimited" packages. We tried to download your picture of the information, but it was too small to read and when we tried to increase the size, resolution was very poor. Could you give us more details? Or if this information might be available elsewhere.

Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to learning more about your sailing!

No worries, I'll reupload from my laptop later tonight, I was sending this from my phone and it has a habit of uploading tiny photos

No worries, I'll reupload from my laptop later tonight, I was sending this from my phone and it has a habit of uploading tiny photos

Thanks- However I googled it and found the details out. My DH will take the top package as the speed is supposed to be the fastest.

I will be following your posts!

I saw you have eaten at The Grande... did you have the Key Lime pie for dessert? That was one of the best we have ever had! We liked it so much, when we ate at Chic, we asked them to get us Key Lime pie for dessert from the Grande.. and they did!

The best dessert in American Icon was the Icon Candy Bar. We like that so much we ordered that in Silk and they went and got that for us too!

Now that's service!

I saw you have eaten at The Grande... did you have the Key Lime pie for dessert? That was one of the best we have ever had! We liked it so much, when we ate at Chic, we asked them to get us Key Lime pie for dessert from the Grande.. and they did!

The best dessert in American Icon was the Icon Candy Bar. We like that so much we ordered that in Silk and they went and got that for us too!

Now that's service!

I did have Key Lime pie and I agree, delicious, although I had the Carrot Cake in Chic which was simply the best!

Will update this evening. We are in Labadee now!

Will have some videos/photos tomorrow all being well.

Following Ocav! :D I know you followed my review a couple of months ago and I'll be re-living through you now. Great to hear you (and seems most everyone else on Q the last few weeks) have been having a great time, especially with DD. Can't wait for your photos.

SailinC2C mentioned the CandyBar in American Icon a couple of posts ago... I concur! A total surprise, I ordered it just "for the hell of it" so that I can at least see most everything on the menu as my table ordered different dishes. I was the only one to order the candy bar as it really doesn't sound the greatest in words on the menu... best desert hands down (and AI wasn't at all my fave venue). Have an incredibly awesome week ahead!!!! :D:D

Well.. Sorry for missing yesterday (all will be explained further on)

Firstly to answer the Q's. The lines at the complimentary restaurants haven't been too bad and have been moving rather quickly. I dined at 7pm for The Grande and was straight in, then 6:30 for Chic and waited no more than 3 minutes. Standby lines dont seem to have even been used at all however I've heard a few people struggling to get reservations.

DAY AT SEA

The weather was a lot nicer yesterday with all pools open, and packed, and the North Star* running. I spent most of the day by the pool/in the pool.

Last night I dined at Chic at 6:30 (w/ Res) and I cannot describe it any less than delicious. The Rack of Lamb was cooked perfectly and the Carrot Cake desert was the best. I had Chicken Noodle Soup for starters (from Simple Tastes) and that was slightly dissapointing. Pleasant atmosphere, pleasant wait staff (w/ Assistant Waiters).

In the evening I caught Starwater, absolutely superb and makes you realise how out of shape you are. During the warm up (10 mins before) cast members come round the room, staring and posing at the crowd, what a fantastic way to end a great day. Straight after the show in Two70 is the "Starwater AfterShow" or "Gatsby Party" as some people referred to it as, however due to the 18+ Comedy Show, the lounge soon cleared.

I do question the ability to call the DJs 'Celebrities', I had a quick search and there doesn't seem to be much information on any of them.

Labadee

Today was my first time in Labadee, and ill be honest I was slightly dissapointed. It was all very nice with the fantastic weather we had, however I felt pressured into having to spend, and I really don't like that.

I purchased "One Ride" access to the Coaster at $25. For that price I expected all day access, but no, one ride only. Most of the ride consists of going uphill, and last about 30 seconds, with constant reminders to brake. For the price, you can get into some UK theme parks and go on the rides all day long. I spoke to the Shore Excursions manager back onboard who said "he will pass my message on" however I feel he has heard it before.

My other advice is return to the ship and eat, the amount of flies on the food ashore and the food then not being replaced was terrible, If you want to become ill, thats how you become ill. The island also ran out of bottled water at about 1pm.

However I cannot fault the beaches, the staff, and the (non-alcoholic) Labadoozies!

Back onboard we had the guest entertainer, Jeff Trachta (from CBS' Bold and the Beautiful) who was rather funny, however not as good as the comedian the other night, overall though, rather good!

Food tonight was the Windjammer, it was Steak and Eggs night without the Eggs. Still delicious though!

No photos to upload yet, though ill move a few over tomorrow and upload, however, have a video of the Bionic Bar instead...

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you very much for letting us follow in this journey with you. My mom and her friends are sailing on this trip too and it's great to see all the updates and pictures. I look forward to seeing more posts and pictures. It is wonderful :) :)

It works when you play it from your phone not on the computer for some reason! So cool! :)

Yeah, worked just fine on my iPad. Perhaps that's the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Ocav - are you going to eat at Wonderland one night? We loved it and had fabulous service from Marlin. Imaginative cuisine is an understatement.

We let Marlin create our menu and we loved everything he brought.

I love the menu reveal.... but I won't spoil the secret!