Live - Quantum of the Seas - 2nd Feb - 11 Night Eastern (W/PHOTOS & VIDEOS)

ocav

I was wondering how strict they were in the diamond and D+ lounge as far as bringing someone who is traveling with you that is not D or D+ not that i am bringing someone on a cruise that is not. Just asking

Depends on the Concierge, but our experience has been that they enforce the access rules.

Hello Ocav,

Wishing you all safe travel home.

Would like to know more about the diamond lounge.

I heard on previous cruises that it has been pretty crowded,

how has it been on this cruise??

Thanks.

Thank you,

I don't fly back till Monday with most of my family joining me in NYC for my 21st.

Regards Diamond club, I don't know how okay I am to say this...

In Captains Corner someone mentioned the overflow room, there was no more details and Dean the Hotel Director mentioned that this isn't an official thing and it's something they are doing that landside aren't aware of.

I'm not Diamond so cannot comment on what it actually entails however.

I was on that sailing. I liked Ken Rush. We were with him on the Allure. He knows his job and can organize the whole week. Yes, I heard him on the phone as well. He should of kept it private.

Nice we didn't have to listen to people on their phones all week. We could e-mail home on our phones. The WiFi was free. I was hoping to use our phones

on board so I could find my husband but it was explained to me I would be paying Verizon , my provider for that kind of service. I didn't want a $1000. bill when I got home. Besides it was nice not listening to people running their mouths on a phone all day long.

I was on that sailing. I liked Ken Rush. We were with him on the Allure. He knows his job and can organize the whole week. Yes, I heard him on the phone as well. He should of kept it private.

Nice we didn't have to listen to people on their phones all week. We could e-mail home on our phones. The WiFi was free. I was hoping to use our phones

on board so I could find my husband but it was explained to me I would be paying Verizon , my provider for that kind of service. I didn't want a $1000. bill when I got home. Besides it was nice not listening to people running their mouths on a phone all day long.

As in this 2nd February sailing?

As in the one that is still on going right now because there's no free wifi.

Both these items were not on the menu.

I will try and enquire about a kids menu however as I'm sure you'll understand that's super uncomfortable for a childless 20 year old to ask for :')

Too bad about the Yankee Franks and Mac&Cheese as they sounded and looked good and I know my kids would try them.

Understood about it being awkward to inquire about the kids menus but perhaps you could indicate that you are asking for folks on Cruise Critic.

Either way Thank you.

Too bad about the Yankee Franks and Mac&Cheese as they sounded and looked good and I know my kids would try them.

Understood about it being awkward to inquire about the kids menus but perhaps you could indicate that you are asking for folks on Cruise Critic.

Either way Thank you.

You are assuming Cruise Critic is a welcome thing onboard Quantum after the last few months?

Either way Merion Mom has solved the problems. Tonight however tonight there was a Lobster Mac and Cheese special.

Not on the Quantum till April but my guess is you don't need to book these types of shows. Late night comedy is probably just listed in your compass just like any other house shows, also Love & Marriage or Majority Rules game shows.

Cant wait till we leave, see you on the ship 4-12-15.....

With a lovely cold blast coming into NYC I might have more spare time. It's been a slight nightmare (non Lady Q related, after arriving to the hotel earlier to find it horrible unclean and the rate had changed causing it to be a lot more than informed, but moved hotel and all is well now)

Debarkation was slow today, I had to ignore numbers at one point and just get off, it was already around 45 minutes late and we were still nowhere near our number. Cases were on shore and customs queue was small which made no sense. Crew onboard attributing it to the percentage of elderly and infirm onboard requiring assistance.

Overall a lovely cruise. Photos and videos to come, and thank you all for the pleasant trip (those onboard) and company (those merely reading)

I would like to hear more about the hotel problems and the resolution. That sounds like a nightmare.

Hey, it was a little bit. Booked into Best Western President Times Square, after arriving we were informed that the room rate we booked (Bed and Breakfast) didn't include breakfast even though it listed Breakfast included on our booking form.

Manager said he would investigate and would call the room. We headed up, the walls of corridors were all purple, it was really unappealing and quite depressing. Open the room to find no room for even the beds, tiny room, the rate was extremely high as it is and you'd have more private space in a hostel. Bathroom was dirty and there was no closet space. I noticed the blinds were drawn, this was obviously on purpose to hide the generator sat right outside the window, there was barely daylight getting into the room.

Within moments I had a call from the manager who said he couldn't give us breakfast however we could pay to switch to the breakfast package or I should call Best Western and argue it.

By this point I'd had enough and just called the Hilton Times Square to see if they had any rooms available, luckily they were able to not only accommodate but also threw in breakfast, price matched the Best Western as well as a few discount vouchers, everything is perfect here though I have a feeling I'll be having nightmares about those purple corridors.

OMG! Thanks. :D That would be like your worst nightmare. Booking into a strange hotel and then having it be dirty (and purple). I'm glad you were able to find a new place.

We haven't been to New York, so it is good to know where NOT to stay. :)

Edited by Coralc

Hey, it was a little bit. Booked into Best Western President Times Square, after arriving we were informed that the room rate we booked (Bed and Breakfast) didn't include breakfast even though it listed Breakfast included on our booking form.

Manager said he would investigate and would call the room. We headed up, the walls of corridors were all purple, it was really unappealing and quite depressing. Open the room to find no room for even the beds, tiny room, the rate was extremely high as it is and you'd have more private space in a hostel. Bathroom was dirty and there was no closet space. I noticed the blinds were drawn, this was obviously on purpose to hide the generator sat right outside the window, there was barely daylight getting into the room.

Within moments I had a call from the manager who said he couldn't give us breakfast however we could pay to switch to the breakfast package or I should call Best Western and argue it.

By this point I'd had enough and just called the Hilton Times Square to see if they had any rooms available, luckily they were able to not only accommodate but also threw in breakfast, price matched the Best Western as well as a few discount vouchers, everything is perfect here though I have a feeling I'll be having nightmares about those purple corridors.

Yikes!!! Sorry to hear that. Make sure you write a review of both hotels on Trip Advisor. That's definitely something others considering the BW would want to know...

"We cannot give you breakfast" is definitely the wrong answer from the BW, especially considering how grossly overpriced I'm sure it is for what you're getting. Terrible, short-sided customer service by a poor manager.

Edited by Dave85

Yikes!!! Sorry to hear that. Make sure you write a review of both hotels on Trip Advisor. That's definitely something others considering the BW would want to know...

"We cannot give you breakfast" is definitely the wrong answer from the BW, especially considering how grossly overpriced I'm sure it is for what you're getting. Terrible, short-sided customer service by a poor manager.

That's my plan, in also going to contact BW Head Office, and you are right, grossly overpriced, the Hilton is 2 and a half star higher hotel at the same right and no closer to Times Square than the BW

His loss, he lost 2 rooms over 3 night for the sake of $20 breakfast

Wow that's great that you were able to get a room at the Hilton. I would have thought that with NBA All-Star Weekend in town this weekend that rooms would be hard to come by.

Boy, am I gonna disagree with you on that one!

It was not very good on this sailing, thanks to the "talent" of Ken Rush. :rolleyes:

The game was fun, but they should change some of the questions. Too many right answers seemed to indicate that the player had planned in advance,

The game was fun, but they should change some of the questions. Too many right answers seemed to indicate that the player had planned in advance,

We stopped going to this game show because they always ask the same questions and it was clear many of the contestants knew what they were going to be asked and had prepared answers.

We stopped going to this game show because they always ask the same questions and it was clear many of the contestants knew what they were going to be asked and had prepared answers.

Totally agree!! Same questions for over 5 years. How hard would it be to come up with new questions?:confused:

I agree too and have stopped attending for the same reason. It would honestly take me no more than 10 minutes to brainstorm a list of new questions... Not sure why it is do difficult for the professionals!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app