Live - Quantum of the Seas - 2nd Feb - 11 Night Eastern (W/PHOTOS & VIDEOS)

ocav

Quick Update:

Seas have been quite rough all day today, many quite sick, and pools all closed. Captain Gus has skirted the storm the best he could.

Now for the bit that will panic people, today there was a Bravo call to a detection of smoke below decks. Bravo is a call for fire crew. A small fire started in the incinerator room which died quickly and left smoke. Captain was quick to keep people onboard as updated as possible, all was resolved within around 15 minutes. After over hearing some staff earlier, the incinerator that was the cause has been shut down until it can properly be inspected in NJ. All else with the ship is okay.

The ship was come a lot further east than the expected course to skirt the storm, he couldn't avoid it completely otherwise we wouldn't reach NJ by Friday, which is totally fine by me and I'm disappointed that the Captain didn't force us to be onboard for more days than we had booked.

Yesterday we had some very nice weather slowly deteriorating as the day went on. Not long after Belly Flop Contest and World Sexiest Man, there was a wind that blew pool water across pool deck forcing people to run into the inside pool. Trust me. This was more funny to watch than Kens Morning Rush show, although I guess that isn't hard.

I will post a proper update tomorrow, but for now, trying to keep my mind off the rough seas. I have a full day in NY on Friday before the rest of my family arrive so I'll use that time to get photos and videos sorted and post, so I guess this thread has become less live than a Price is Right rerun.

Internet - been working fine, few moments where it stops working but then returns again a few moments later but if you sit on even Starbucks Wifi for 11 days straight it will do the same.

Food - except for Labadee, food has been excellent at all the restaurants I've dined at. No slow service at all. Plus Oreo Pancakes.

If there's any other questions you have, Ask Now! I'll be on the hunt for answers tomorrow and will answer them when I next update.

Sorry you aren't onboard! Now time for Sonic Odyssey!

Edited by ocav

Do you know what options they have in terms of a possible kids menu in the restaurants?

Also can you confirm that the American Icon restaurant no longer offers the Yankee Franks or the Buffalo Mac & Cheese.

Thank you.

They also took off my favorite, the Ruben turnover.

Yes, we need all the details on these oreo pancakes.

Where were you able to get Oreo pancakes?

One Windjammer in the "American Favorites" section-

Half decent quality picture here on Instagram -

Do you know what options they have in terms of a possible kids menu in the restaurants?

Also can you confirm that the American Icon restaurant no longer offers the Yankee Franks or the Buffalo Mac & Cheese.

Thank you.

Both these items were not on the menu.

I will try and enquire about a kids menu however as I'm sure you'll understand that's super uncomfortable for a childless 20 year old to ask for :')

I was wondering if they still do the Love and Marriage game on the ship and if so did you attend? Always thought that was a funny show.

Yes, it fantastic

Boy, am I gonna disagree with you on that one!

It was not very good on this sailing, thanks to the "talent" of Ken Rush. :rolleyes:

Boy, am I gonna disagree with you on that one!

It was not very good on this sailing, thanks to the "talent" of Ken Rush. :rolleyes:

Okay it was good because of the contestants, Mr Rush was trying too hard!

I have been to some that were not great also. But I always go back to them, you never know what you'll find out about some people. Ha ha , Can I ask what the prizes are now? Still just champagne? Not that I will ever get up there, :eek:just curious.

This cruise there was more than just champagne, it included a variety of different jewelry and watches from shops onboard as well as Royal Logo products, one couple got a complimentary set of Bed Sheets from one of the stores in port that was on the shopping list, and on top of that, a bottle of champagne. Overall probably around $1000/$2000 worth of prizes.

Thanks for the great review.

Have you noticed if they showed any of the English premier league soccer games during the week?

I haven't noticed anything special, however if the EPL is on ESPN Caribbean then it's being carried, if not then you are all out of luck!

Thank you.

Ok, I have the children's menu in hand.

I am no expert, but it looks exactly like the children's menu on every other ship.

I will publish pictures when I get home tomorrow.

:)

I was wondering how strict they were in the diamond and D+ lounge as far as bringing someone who is traveling with you that is not D or D+ not that i am bringing someone on a cruise that is not. Just asking

On most ships they check the sea pass card to make sure they are D or higher status. You are not allowed to bring anyone in with you. They put 3 free drinks on your card so if your traveling with people who are not D or higher you can hang with them at any bar and still get 3 free drinks.