Dancing with the Stars Spring 2015 Gowns and more chatting

KandCsailing

Nice looking dresses although I would have liked Julianne's just a tad shorter (not a big fan of dresses that puddle on the floor in the front).

I'm glad I am not the only one thinking that Patti's scores are somewhat inflated.

Wondering if Erin Andrews' boyfriend's arrest for cocaine and extasy will affect her in any way? She's been dating an NHL player and he was in Las Vegas when arrested. No mention was made if she was with him in Vegas at the time of the arrest.

She did post that they had a date night on the 17th. She's been pretty quiet on twitter and instagram this weekend. All the online idiots are out asking her where to buy drugs. Hopefully she shows up tonight. I saw a photo that looks like they're doing a group dance tonight. I don't remember hearing anything last week.

Erin's white jumpsuit was ok - did it need a belt or something? I loved Julieanne's gold dress - will be interesting to see the full dress because I think I glimpsed a hem above the knee when she stood up once?

Sad about who went home when there are a couple guys that should have gone instead. But she wasn't going to win anyway.

Wow, I don't think I could have been more wrong about the length of the dress, lol! And it's bright yellow, not gold. Love it though. Wonder what her hair color will be next week! Fun to look forward to that. And her hair is growing out nicely - I like her hair a little longer than her original pixie cut.

I liked Erin's dress--a sparkly belt would have helped. I couldn't see enough of Carrie Anne's, but liked the color.

I'm glad Julianne is letting her hair grow out, wish she'd forget the weird colors though. I thought the yellow dress was pretty, but more suited to a 60ish lady than her.

I was fine with Patti going home, although last night's dance was her best. She had style, but rather simplified routines. Yes, a couple of others aren't much better. The judges seemed quite harsh last night, especially on the better dancers. When Nastia, for instance, gets an 8 and then one of the much worse dancers gets the same, it's just not right.

Heard Derek got hurt last night? Anyone else know more?

Can't stand Julianne's hair color, much darker shade than she had prior. And why the darkened eyebrows? It was really jarring. Horrible hair color and really dark brows. Really in the genre of cartoon character. So not flattering IMO.

I just read this morning that Derek banged one foot and then sprained the other falling down the stairs. Poor guy, wonder if he's going to be able to perform next week.

Julianne dyed her hair pink for a reason and wasn't going to stay pink for this week's show, but apparently her stylists thought that yellow dress looked really good with the pink hair, so they dyed her hair a darker pink, chose dark eyebrows and eyeliner to go with. So blame it on her stylists, lol. She'll have a different color for next week's show, so she says.

I just read this morning that Derek banged one foot and then sprained the other falling down the stairs. Poor guy, wonder if he's going to be able to perform next week.

Julianne dyed her hair pink for a reason and wasn't going to stay pink for this week's show, but apparently her stylists thought that yellow dress looked really good with the pink hair, so they dyed her hair a darker pink, chose dark eyebrows and eyeliner to go with. So blame it on her stylists, lol. She'll have a different color for next week's show, so she says.

I'd blame a lot on her stylists! Her looks this year have been mostly awful. When the dress is pretty, like the one last week, then it all gets spoiled with ugly hair. I bet she could do better on her own.

Hi all!

Watching the show now & am not liking the low cut dresses on Julianne &

Carrie Anne. Sure hope there's not a "wardrobe malfunction".:eek: It's making me nervous.

Erin's dress is a pretty colour.

~ Jo ~ :)

Edited by retiring soon
correction

Mad and sad at the results. This was not right and I blame the judges (some of them) for way over-scoring some people and nit-picking others! At least three who were safe were way, way worse than the one who went home.

I liked Erin's dress--some bling would have helped. The other two were a little too much skin for me.

Erin's dress was nice, yet understated as usual. You're right, bling would help!

I loved the back of Julianne and CarrieAnn's dresses, and liked Julianne's hair this week.

Very disappointed at who went home when there are several who are so much worse. But that happens every year. Some of the "stars" have such a fan base, it seems unfair.

I thought Derek's partner's dance was amazing! (her name excapes me at the moment) He did a great choreography on that. And then I went to bed....will watch the rest tonight.

I didn't like Derek's dance. I thought it had to much focus on him and not Nastia.

I didn't like Mark and Willow's dance at all. He's gotten to much into the costuming and I could barely tell the body parts apart when they danced close together both in black. I've turned into Len and I want more content! :o:D

I was surprised that Willow and Mark beat Riker and Allison in the salsa competition.

Carrie Ann never did post anything last week on Parade. I'll check later this afternoon again. She did post a photo on FB.

18243_10153323141424887_7564701898250594893_n_zpsorsffho9.jpg

Julianne's blog today about her gown.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/04/28/julianne-houghs-dwts-photo-diary-week-7/

julianne-hough-600x800%203_zpspvq3aivm.jpg

Aside from last night's ridiculous result -- I'm really not liking the trend of how many of the dances have morphed into production numbers. In my opinion backing dancers don't add anything worthwhile and they just distract from the contestant/pro couple.

(And now I'll just shave my head and develop a British accent, because I know I sounded just like Len.) :eek:

I agree. Although the production numbers are fun to watch, it is hard to really critique the dancing when so much else is going on. I really don't like the added dancers, especially, as it's hard to focus on the actual competitors.

I was also surprised that Willow and Mark beat out Riker and Allison--I think it may have been an attempt by the judges to give them some extra points since they had been pretty hard on them compared to some other dancers.

I still think 14 is too young, even though she did a wonderful job. I'd like to see 18 as the lower age limit; at least someone that age is (supposedly) an adult. (I don't think most 18 year olds are 'adults', but that's another argument.)

I didn't mind the production dancers with Noah because of the theme and I liked that he stayed in sync with their moves.

I haven't watched the Anniversary show yet. Volleyball was tough (translation - I'm over 40 and out of shape :o) and I was beat.

Carrie Ann finally posted a blog about this week.

http://parade.com/393847/carrieanninaba/carrie-ann-inabas-dwts-blog-the-scoop-on-last-nights-shocking-elimination/

I watched the 10th anniversary show last night - how much fun that was to see everyone! The only season that I've missed is the very first one.

I loved Julianne's green dress and hair on the anniversary show, as well as CarrieAnn's gold dress. Erin had on another black jumpsuit - I guess it was her version of a tuxedo so dressy in its own way.

It was fun to see the judges in the early years - they looked so much younger! As did Tom B.

Did anybody else watch?