Dancing with the Stars Spring 2015 Gowns and more chatting

KandCsailing

I watched the 10th anniversary show last night - how much fun that was to see everyone! The only season that I've missed is the very first one.

I loved Julianne's green dress and hair on the anniversary show, as well as CarrieAnn's gold dress. Erin had on another black jumpsuit - I guess it was her version of a tuxedo so dressy in its own way.

It was fun to see the judges in the early years - they looked so much younger! As did Tom B.

Did anybody else watch?

Hi Sandy:), I watched some of it....and in my opinion, Tom looks just as

good now......to be honest, he reminds me of when Dick Clark was in

his prime;)....or even in his older years (before his stroke).....they

both look like they never aged:D.....Tom is the best host!:D

Julianne dyed her hair pink for a reason and wasn't going to stay pink for this week's show, but apparently her stylists thought that yellow dress looked really good with the pink hair, so they dyed her hair a darker pink, chose dark eyebrows and eyeliner to go with. So blame it on her stylists, lol. She'll have a different color for next week's show, so she says.

She needs new stylists. :) I thought her hair clashed with the gold dress.

Mad and sad at the results. This was not right and I blame the judges (some of them) for way over-scoring some people and nit-picking others! At least three who were safe were way, way worse than the one who went home.

I liked Erin's dress--some bling would have helped. The other two were a little too much skin for me.

Me too! The results were just wrong. Very sad.

I'm just catching up from last week since we were cruising last week. I thought both Carrie Ann's and Julianne's dresses were pretty but had too low cut. At least Julianne put her hair back to a normal color. I didn't like the waist band on Erin's dress but the color and silk stripe down the side were nice.

Did anyone else watch last night's show? I thought Julianne looked as good as she has all season. I'm so glad she got rid of the pink hair! Her red dress was very pretty.

Erin's dress made her body look amazing. I thought the dress was white at first but once she stood next to Noah in his white suit, I realized it was actually a very pale yellow.

Usually I like Carrie Ann's choices but her silver dress just wasn't a good color for her and her hair was kind of flat.

Riker and Rumor are my favorites still. Derek was seriously annoying last night. He needs to back off and let poor Sasha do his job. Did you see the way he hung onto Nastia the whole time the judges were talking? So possessive! It's like he has to be in the center of everything all the time. I agreed with Julianne when she said he looked ridiculous in the emperor outfit. :) Their trio dance (the one that was actually supposed to be a trio) was really creative though.

I watched the first half of the show, will watch the trio dances tonight. Agree, Erin's dress was pretty, again very understated. Julianne looked great and CarrieAnne looked ok.

True, Derek seems rather possessive - he's doing all the choreography and he is her partner so I guess he has the right but still, I feel sorry for Sasha.

Another show on tonight - which is unusual.

Did anyone else watch last night's show? I thought Julianne looked as good as she has all season. I'm so glad she got rid of the pink hair! Her red dress was very pretty.

Erin's dress made her body look amazing. I thought the dress was white at first but once she stood next to Noah in his white suit, I realized it was actually a very pale yellow.

Usually I like Carrie Ann's choices but her silver dress just wasn't a good color for her and her hair was kind of flat.

Riker and Rumor are my favorites still. Derek was seriously annoying last night. He needs to back off and let poor Sasha do his job. Did you see the way he hung onto Nastia the whole time the judges were talking? So possessive! It's like he has to be in the center of everything all the time. I agreed with Julianne when she said he looked ridiculous in the emperor outfit. :) Their trio dance (the one that was actually supposed to be a trio) was really creative though.

I agree with everything you posted, except I'm not sure about Riker.

His dances all seem to be a bit hectic. ?

Rumor's dances were my favorites of the night. Loved the rumba.

I did like the look and feel of the gladiator Paso, but Derek was an unnecessary prop.

I'm wondering if the Judges marked Nastia's trio dance from the tv monitors? It looked to me like the judges table could only see the left side of the set and there was a wall attached to the open doorway.

Loved Julianne's red gown.

I liked Noah's trio dance with the 5 arms to use. His first dance was a bit jerky like he was having troubles with his artificial leg maybe.

I did like the look and feel of the gladiator Paso, but Derek was an unnecessary prop.

Yes! The dance would have been better without Derek. He was just a distraction.

I liked Noah's trio dance with the 5 arms to use. His first dance was a bit jerky like he was having troubles with his artificial leg maybe.

I guess American got to choose which dances the celebrities had to do. I thought it was a bad choice for Noah since he can't bend that one knee. Too bad he didn't get a different dance.

I really liked Erin's dress on Monday--thought it was her best of the year, and I liked her hair too. Tonight's white suit was okay--she can pull it off, but I don't like the bra top underneath.

I'm so glad Julieanne's hair is back to normal but still don't really like her looks. I guess they are trying to make her look sophisticated and sexy-glamorous, but to me this just doesn't work with her face, body type and age. I like the red dress better when I saw it full length, but not a fan of the lacy top.

The right ones went home tonight, at least. I'm still mad about Willow! I liked having an actual results show too again, and yay for having the comedy segments back.

I just can't stand Derek's ego run amok. Why did he have to sit there, like Henry VIII, during the dance? Why couldn't he just allow them to dance without having his puss on stage. Every other time a dancer was hurt, and needed a sub, the injured dancer stepped aside and allowed the sub to completely take over. But nooooooo. Derek just can't stay off camera

Is it just me, or are Erin's dresses a lot less revealing and less overtly sexy than Brooke's ever were ?

I think Erin has a much simpler style than Brooke or the first host (help, I can't remember her name).

She also covers football where she has to dress a bit conservative to be taken seriously I would think.

Brooke makes a lot as a fitness model and I think has her own line of yoga and exercise wear so of course she likes to show off the bod. The first host seemed to like the fanciest dresses in my memory.

I'm happy that the judges can't judge their own set of dancers. I think the person who helps Noah should have to do it with a hand tied behind their back to experience half of what he deals with.

Edited by KandCsailing

Erin dresses much more casually than Brooke did, but I think she's really upped her game this season. She's not super glamorous but she's added longer dresses and more bling. I think she looks very nice dressed up. :)

I agree, she has definitely worn more dressy gown this year--I like this year's look. She would probably look 'off' in super feminine or sexy gowns; that's just not her type. I like her more natural style of beauty compared to the Brooke's overly done make-up and styles.

I really didn't like many of Brooke's looks. I actually liked the style of the first host, Samantha? a lot.

I agree, she has definitely worn more dressy gown this year--I like this year's look. She would probably look 'off' in super feminine or sexy gowns; that's just not her type. I like her more natural style of beauty compared to the Brooke's overly done make-up and styles.

I really didn't like many of Brooke's looks. I actually liked the style of the first host, Samantha? a lot.

Brooke's dresses had way too many cleavage cut-outs. I'm glad Erin doesn't go for that super-sexy look.

Erin dresses much more casually than Brooke did, but I think she's really upped her game this season. She's not super glamorous but she's added longer dresses and more bling. I think she looks very nice dressed up. :)

Have not seen Erin's dresses recently (on a cruise) but I would love to see her in more vibrant colors (jewel tones might look good with her coloring). Many of her dresses are so dark they fade away on television so you can't really see any details.

Looking forward to seeing tonight's format with the judges guidance.

Really like Erin's dress tonight. Probably her most girly look so far.

I'm looking forward to a full length shot of Julianne's tomorrow online. When she stood up there was some gold hip bling at the top of a high slit.

Not sure about the busy pastel or maybe silvery grey ? beading on Carrie Ann's dress. Looks a bit dated?

I'm in love with the ladies' dangling earrings tonight. Nastia's are nice also in her last dance. Maybe hers are costume jewelry and I could afford them, but I crave Julianne's open teardrops.

Edited by KandCsailing

I liked Erin's dress but after seeing what she usually wears it doesn't look "like her". I rather liked what I could see of Carrie Ann's dress. Julianne's was a great color but could not see enough of it to give an opinion.

I've been wanting to see Erin in a ball type of gown, but although I like the dress, I don't think it's really her style. A little too sweet and young for me. I'd like to see her in some jewel tones also.

I liked what I could see of Julianne's and Carrie Ann's dresses.

The comment about the 60's look of Erin's dress is funny. My prom dresses, circa 1962 & 1963, are tea length, strapless, with a big skirt and lots of crinoline--very similar!

Fantastic dancing tonight! I have no idea who wins. Although I like and admire Noah, and we does wonderfully given his challenges, I do want the best dancer to win, which he just isn't. The other three are all so even, I don't even care.

I am getting a little tired of the over-wrought hysterical praising from the three crazy judges! Appreciate Len's slightly more reasoned comments.

I've been wanting to see Erin in a ball type of gown, but although I like the dress, I don't think it's really her style. A little too sweet and young for me. I'd like to see her in some jewel tones also.

I liked what I could see of Julianne's and Carrie Ann's dresses.

The comment about the 60's look of Erin's dress is funny. My prom dresses, circa 1962 & 1963, are tea length, strapless, with a big skirt and lots of crinoline--very similar!

Fantastic dancing tonight! I have no idea who wins. Although I like and admire Noah, and we does wonderfully given his challenges, I do want the best dancer to win, which he just isn't. The other three are all so even, I don't even care.

I am getting a little tired of the over-wrought hysterical praising from the three crazy judges! Appreciate Len's slightly more reasoned comments.

I agree with your comments :) While Erin's dress was very pretty, I thought it looked too young for her, and definitely too girly. I think the more tailored looks suit her, IMO, she looked a little awkward in that dress. And definitely, more color was needed. The other dresses were very pretty.

So agree about the "three crazy judges"! I feel like they are trying to out do one another and have become irritating. I also think it is time for Noah to leave, it is AMAZING what he has been able to do but his dancing is in no way equal to the other three.

Sherri:)

Edited by sjb317

When I first saw Erin's dress, I literally gasped, and not in a good way. Then I decided to see what you all had to say, lol, as I don't have the best taste anyway. It just didn't look right on her, although it was pretty. 'Nuff said.

The more I saw of CarrieAnn's dress, the more I liked it - it looked like a pale aqua or green? I'm a pastel-ho so of course I loved the color.

My favorite dancer is Rumer but the judges scored her pretty low - Julianne and Len scored her first dance a 9 - the same as Noah's. Really?

I'll watch the second dances tonight, can't wait.