No more Cellar Masters, where to go for a special glass of wine?

sjaak

Hello,

Cellar Masters has always been our favourite spot to sit before and sometimes after dinner. I know you can order wine by the glass at the different bars, but at Cellar Masters it was possible to order something special just paying the difference regarding to the Premium Beverage Package.

Has someone experienced that it's still possible - somewhere - to order a glass of wine that's not on the regular barmenus?

Hello,

Cellar Masters has always been our favourite spot to sit before and sometimes after dinner. I know you can order wine by the glass at the different bars, but at Cellar Masters it was possible to order something special just paying the difference regarding to the Premium Beverage Package.

Has someone experienced that it's still possible - somewhere - to order a glass of wine that's not on the regular barmenus?

Cellar Masters is available on all ships, except Equinox and soon to be gone on Eclipse. Unless you are sailing on these ships, no need to worry.

Some of the wines available in Cellar Masters are still offered at the Gastrobar based on people reporting back.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

You are allowed to bring two bottles of wine on the ship to be consumed in your cabin or with a corkage fee, at your table. That's why I always bring a bottle each of Ripple and Thunderbird for those special occasions. :D

You are allowed to bring two bottles of wine on the ship to be consumed in your cabin or with a corkage fee, at your table. That's why I always bring a bottle each of Ripple and Thunderbird for those special occasions. :D

We live in Canada. What is Thunderbird wine?

I'm partial to Night Train and Stone's myself :D

OMG, I remember them both well, from my much younger days!

I remember Riunite Lambrusco (not fondly) from my misspent youth. Well, we spent a couple of nights in Modena last year, and completely fell in love with "proper" Lambrusco. The good stuff. They've been keeping it a secret all these years, because boy is it good.

I can't figure out any other reason than Celebrity wanting to save money by limiting their "carte du vins"to explain why any of the fabulous flavors of Boone's Farm wines aren't available for oenophiles like me!

That's what happens when they hire so called wine experts who have no idea what the average American wine drinker consumes out of a brown paper bag.

That's what happens when they hire so called wine experts who have no idea what the average American wine drinker consumes out of a brown paper bag.

It's ironic that Celebrity is trying to attract Suite customers with their higher end budgets, yet they want to offer less variety of wines. Maybe it's the Miller Lite mentality of the "Modern Luxury" theme

We were on the Equinox last Nov. The wine selection is spread out over the other bars and stations around the ship. Does it feel as quiet and quaint as Celler Masters did ordering and sipping elsewhere? No. But the Ensemble Lounge was a good second choice, and had great entertainers too!

I have not been on the boards for sometime. Why is CellarMasters being taken away? Has it been unsuccessful or is the space to be used for something else?

Hi Spearmint,

Welcome Back !

As of now, Cellar Masters been removed on Equinox, and shortly on Eclipse. I'm uncertain if there's a schedule for addtional ships at this point, but I suspect that eventually Cellar Masters will be no more.

The concept being added in it's place, is GastroBar. I'm just off Equinox, and it specializes in various types of Beer and several menu items, all of which carry a fee. From what I observed on 10 days onboard Equinox, it seems that Gastrobar was doing better than Cellar Masters on the bar side of the business. However, I rarely saw anyone eating in the venue - even on Super Bowl Sunday, which should bring cause for concern in Miami.

As for why Cellar Masters seems to be going away ? I can only presume that business wasn't what Celebrity hoped for - especially with those enomatic dispensers that either didnt work, or that guests were afraid of. Too bad, as it was a lovely venue - still is with GastroBar, but only time will tell if folks will be willing to pay 6-12 dollars per item to eat there.

Hi Spearmint,

Welcome Back !

As of now, Cellar Masters been removed on Equinox, and shortly on Eclipse. I'm uncertain if there's a schedule for addtional ships at this point, but I suspect that eventually Cellar Masters will be no more.

The concept being added in it's place, is GastroBar. I'm just off Equinox, and it specializes in various types of Beer and several menu items, all of which carry a fee. From what I observed on 10 days onboard Equinox, it seems that Gastrobar was doing better than Cellar Masters on the bar side of the business. However, I rarely saw anyone eating in the venue - even on Super Bowl Sunday, which should bring cause for concern in Miami.

As for why Cellar Masters seems to be going away ? I can only presume that business wasn't what Celebrity hoped for - especially with those enomatic dispensers that either didnt work, or that guests were afraid of. Too bad, as it was a lovely venue - still is with GastroBar, but only time will tell if folks will be willing to pay 6-12 dollars per item to eat there.

Thanks, Andy,

I appreciate the information. I am one of those people who were not comfortable with the dispensers, so we did not frequent Cellar Masters. I did like the room atmosphere, though.

I don't see us paying for food in one of these venues either, as I am too picky for what is offered most times, e.g. Bistro on 5. As a Michel Roux fan, I now just manage in the dining room with what is on offer there, and Murano is nice, but not what the specialty restaurants used to be. It seems that the idea now is to pay extra for less and in as many places as possible. (Was on Allure of the Seas in Nov.; ice cream is now a cost item, and in their Chops steakhouse for another $19 you can have a Porterhouse which I gather used to be standard on the menu. I expect that concept will eventually come to Celebrity.)

Ok. Rant over!:rolleyes:

Bill