Reflection- just back

dcruisers

Just got home from our 1/31 Reflection cruise. We had a wonderful time overall. I will do a formal review in a few days.

Ship is lovely, entertainment was great and food- mostly was very good.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Now to unpacking and laundry. I wish we were still being pampered on the Reflection!

Going march 7th and have been waiting on some updated reviews :p

questions-.?, ok-

service- how was the service at the bars and pools-

music at the bars- especially acoustic type music but please comment on all.

music at the pools- how was the pool area. chair hogs. lively? hard to get a drink?

thanks-

Hope this helps-

bar service was good but we did have to go to the bar a lot to get drinks- didn't have as many servers coming around the pool area. Not a big deal-we had the beverage package and did notice less "pushing" of drinks but was always able to get drinks easily when we went to a bar.

The Sunset Bar is good- it usually had live music. We also enjoyed the ice bar.

We did eat in Muranos- very good and Tuscan a Grill- also good. We ate at Tuscan Grill on the Equinox last year and it was very much the same.h

Music by the pool was mostly DJ music. We do miss the steel drum music - haven't had it in a while.

We did not do excursions since we had been at the ports many times. However,one couple we were with did a Megan's Bay with shopping and I believe a bit of a drive around the island and really loved it.

This cruise we did not do Aq class so didn't eat in Blu- can't comment.

There were chair hogs and little enforcement. However, we were able to get chairs but with our group of 8 often had to split up.

We missed Sin City- wasn't on this sailing but that could be because of the large group on board (800 country family group)

The evening entertainment was great! We went to every show and loved them. We have always enjoyed going to a show before or after dinner. It's part of the fun of cruising for us.

Hope I didn't miss any questions- if you have any other I will be happy to answer.

I always appreciate all the info I receive from fellow cruisers and I am always happy to share information.

Edited by dcruisers

Hope this helps-

bar service was good but we did have to go to the bar a lot to get drinks- didn't have as many servers coming around the pool area. Not a big deal-we had the beverage package and did notice less "pushing" of drinks but was always able to get drinks easily when we went to a bar.

The Sunset Bar is good- it usually had live music. We also enjoyed the ice bar.

We did eat in Muranos- very good and Tuscan a Grill- also good. We ate at Tuscan Grill on the Equinox last year and it was very much the same.h

Music by the pool was mostly DJ music. We do miss the steel drum music - haven't had it in a while.

We did not do excursions since we had been at the ports many times. However,one couple we were with did a Megan's Bay with shopping and I believe a bit of a drive around the island and really loved it.

This cruise we did not do Aq class so didn't eat in Blu- can't comment.

There were chair hogs and little enforcement. However, we were able to get chairs but with our group of 8 often had to split up.

We missed Sin City- wasn't on this sailing but that could be because of the large group on board (800 country family group)

The evening entertainment was great! We went to every show and loved them. We have always enjoyed going to a show before or after dinner. It's part of the fun of cruising for us.

Hope I didn't miss any questions- if you have any other I will be happy to answer.

I always appreciate all the info I receive from fellow cruisers and I am always happy to share information.

Thanks for the review and answering my query about drink service.:D

Heading on the 4th of April. How was the MDR food?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall, the food was good. One night one in our group ordered the always available sirloin well done - of course it was dry!

We enjoyed the food and although we had select dining, had good service.

Looking forward to your review as well, we sail in March too. Thanks for answering above questions, I will be watching this post.

1-Was there a comedian of some other kind?

2- How late does Sunset bar stay open?

3- Is there a place for one to dance late night?

Thank you

We were on the same cruise and had a Aqua Class cabin. We dined in Blu and found it really good. Breakfast was kinda basic for us, and we did skip it several times to have breakfast on our balcony instead. Dinner menus were great. Service was excellent. Dining is subjective and some meals were better than others, but overall, we really enjoyed it. The low point was desserts - most were just okay. We chose 3 courses instead of 4 and found it to be more than enough. I do wish that they would have changed the amuse bouche each night. The veggies, dip and hummus was tiring after just a couple of nights.