"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

It's such a shame to use such a big ship for such short trips, IMHO.

Living just an hour away from Port Canaveral, I am thrilled to learn that I no longer have to take my short Bahamas getaways on a Fantasy Class ship. I am so excited about this move. :D

We are curious about Hawaii sailings for the future if the Miracle moves away from the West coast, hope Carnival continues those sailings with another ship. Time will tell as the saga continues .................................:(

The Legend is on the west coast for Alaska and Hawaii this summer and fall. Does anyone know what the Legend is doing the rest of the year or 2016?

Is it possible the Legend or Miracle might return to Australia seasonally?

Spoke with the travel agency and they did not even know anything was happening yet! They put me on hold, called Carnival and found out that yes, we are now on the Sensation and yes, we will still get a balcony like we have booked. But apparently, as of now, it's a guarantee and we don't have anything assigned yet. The cruise is still not available on the website. Price will be the same though.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing. The Sensation is an older ship, I'm sure the room will be smaller and what are the balconies like?? I know they stick out from the side of the ship.

As far as I remember, the balconies on the fantasy class ship seemed no different then a regular balcony on the bigger ships. We had no problem with room size either. We had one on the sensation when doing the our back-to-back. No complaints at all. It has been quite awhile, so I could be remembering poorly and things could have changed though.

Well now that RCI has announced they're sending Ovation of the Seas to Australia, I would love to know what Carnival will do to counter it. Bring on another Carnival ship for Down Under!! [emoji4]

I don't think they will pay much attention to it. THey didn't do anything to counter Quantumn in NYC or China.

I don't think they will pay much attention to it. THey didn't do anything to counter Quantumn in NYC or China.

It is really apples and oranges. More and more it is two separate products.

BTW thank the heavens they did not go down that path.;)

Australia is one of the fastest growing areas for cruising and Carnival is trying to grow here as a company. If they do nothing, they will lose the battle. RCI has essentially stomped all over P&O Australia and their 20+ year old ships. The newest ship we have from Princess is Diamond Princess, which is 11 years old. Spirit and Legend are great ships, but I honestly don't know if Carnival would just sit and do nothing following RCI's announcement. That'd be like the equivalent of just lying down.

Australia is one of the fastest growing areas for cruising and Carnival is trying to grow here as a company. If they do nothing, they will lose the battle. RCI has essentially stomped all over P&O Australia and their 20+ year old ships. The newest ship we have from Princess is Diamond Princess, which is 11 years old. Spirit and Legend are great ships, but I honestly don't know if Carnival would just sit and do nothing following RCI's announcement. That'd be like the equivalent of just lying down.

Maybe in the future they'll send the ship they're building after the Carnival Vista or one of their Dream-class ships in the near future. I'm actually very happy RCL is sending their newest ship to Australia, much better than having it in China. Australians are going to LOVE it!!

I see what you are saying. Many made the same argument about NYC and another growing market China. I think carnival cruise lines is focused on its core customer base. Now one of the other carnival corp brands may respond. Like costa will be doing in China.

I see what you are saying. Many made the same argument about NYC and another growing market China. I think carnival cruise lines is focused on its core customer base. Now one of the other carnival corp brands may respond. Like costa will be doing in China.

Looks like you nailed that one on the head. Princess looks to be the brand stepping up down under.

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2015/04/Princess-Cruises-Announces-Largest-Ever-Australia-Deployment-for-2016-2017.html#.VS9I_vnF-ik

Based on this link and Kona, Hawaii port schedule Carnival Miracle will be in Kona on January 22, 2017 so seems to hint Miracle will stay in the West Coast? It also looks like that is the only time Miracle will be in Hawaii in all of 2017 based on that schedule..

http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/files/2013/09/kailuakona-17.pdf

Edited by Georgie562

Looking at the Port Canaveral schedule for summer 2016, there are no ships that will stop at Half Moon Cay? Why[emoji16]

I'm thinking since Carnival corp owns Half Moon, this is due to Carnival just finalizing their schedules. They most likely have a good idea about HM, but haven't fully decided the exact dates/maybe ships to some point to serve there. Half Moon Cay is on my short list of places to sail to. A friend of mine just raved about it when she was there a while back. Pictures were amazing.

Yours and mine both. Larger point for me is and has always been Carnival/John Heald saying one thing and then doing another. And it's totally inconsiderate to announce on the very day and hour you promised all this good news that instead "wait until next week." Then next week comes and you still don't give out all of the information.

Like I said before, over estimate the timing of these announcements instead of under estimating. People have a right to know if they are simply going by what you say in the first place. End..of!

I love carnival and their product. That is why i contiune to cruise with them. However they are slower then molasses in winter time with releasing ship and port schedules.

I'm thinking since Carnival corp owns Half Moon, this is due to Carnival just finalizing their schedules. They most likely have a good idea about HM, but haven't fully decided the exact dates/maybe ships to some point to serve there. Half Moon Cay is on my short list of places to sail to. A friend of mine just raved about it when she was there a while back. Pictures were amazing.

HM is my favorite private island. It's so beautiful there. ImageUploadedByForums1429234902.326496.jpg.a452706de92beb9f8f538b1d720e6909.jpg

Based on this link and Kona, Hawaii port schedule Carnival Miracle will be in Kona on January 22, 2017 so seems to hint Miracle will stay in the West Coast? It also looks like that is the only time Miracle will be in Hawaii in all of 2017 based on that schedule..

http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/files/2013/09/kailuakona-17.pdf

That is interesting. A person posted her cruise on the Miracle for the end of October 2016 had been cancelled and the Carnival rep told her the last cruise out of Long Beach for the Miracle would be October 8, 2016.

The mystery remains.

:confused:I'm waiting "patiently" for information on Tampa ships. The Paradise is one of my favorite ships for short get aways and I'm hoping she stays right where she is. Anyone hear anything yet?

:cool::):rolleyes::o

Carnival's website shows sailings for Paradise through April 29th of 2017. So we have her for at least another 2 years, according to current plans.

I love Paradise too. Great ship for 4 and 5 nighters. I would even take her or another Fantasy class ship on a 7 nighter if the itinerary was great, allowing me to go to some different ports.

Paradise was great. Got an unbelievable rate early in Dec of 2014. I liked the nautical theme of the ship. Very nice cruise.

:confused:I'm waiting "patiently" for information on Tampa ships. The Paradise is one of my favorite ships for short get aways and I'm hoping she stays right where she is. Anyone hear anything yet?

:cool::):rolleyes::o

Thanks for the reply, I went to his facebook page and saw what you saw - I couldn't see if it was the Miracle or not, but it does look hopeful. We live near Tampa and love going under the Skyway bridge so did recognize that!