"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

JH said a while ago....like months ago- that he knew what was happening but couldn't tell it. If that be the case then I really have a hard time understanding why anything at all would be said only to then say - sorry next week. Then next week again. I mean that went on 3 times before nothing at all was said for weeks. Now out of the blue it's "I might" have some news to share. Really? Give me a break already. I disagree with anyone that says this was done purposely to build up anticipation. More like unorganized and very inconsiderate. If you have something to announce, gone and announce it. Or keep your trap shut about it until you do.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I got notified this morning that my cruise next May will be switching from the Breeze to Splendor due to the Breeze relocating to Galveston early. The Magic also does not show up on May 2016 bookings either. So we will be hearing about that today and then a third ship according to JH.

Cruizinisthebest, I work for a big company and things happen like this a lot. They say they are going to come out with something and then there is a delay. I'm sure John Heald wants to say something (rather then get beat up) but he is told not to by the "beards". It's probable he was told he could say something earlier and then something happened that they had to clear up before it goes out. Figuring out these itineraries and ships are complex.

I'm waiting to hear for 2017 also.

I got an e-mail this morning that my Aug 6, 2016 cruise on the Valor would now be on the Magic as the Magic is moving to Port Canaveral on April 20, 2016.

I wonder if our August Valor cruise for next year has been changed too then?

Cruizinisthebest, I work for a big company and things happen like this a lot. They say they are going to come out with something and then there is a delay. I'm sure John Heald wants to say something (rather then get beat up) but he is told not to by the "beards". It's probable he was told he could say something earlier and then something happened that they had to clear up before it goes out. Figuring out these itineraries and ships are complex.

I'm waiting to hear for 2017 also.

I understand things change and itineraries are complex. I work for a big company as well. However I don't care for the way Carnival rolls out their information. It's always in pieces and delayed. Always. No reason for that all of the time.

It's very unprofessional. The majority of the cruise lines just release them all at once without having to slowlyyyy do it like 3 ships at a time like Carnival. RCL and Princess just announce it at once, and that's the best way to do it. The way carnival does it is very bad.

Yet you keep talking about it (with others). It is free advertising. If you guys don't like the way JH devulges this info, then just sit pat until the formal announcement. Who cares what RCCL and NCL do (in fact, usually I don't even like what they do...AKA $15 Pina Colada's).:cool:

Yet you keep talking about it (with others). It is free advertising. If you guys don't like the way JH devulges this info, then just sit pat until the formal announcement. Who cares what RCCL and NCL do (in fact, usually I don't even like what they do...AKA $15 Pina Colada's).:cool:

Well said Jimbo!!!

Today the message board is reporting that the Magic will come to P.C. In APRIL 2016

but I went to the Carnival Web Site to book a cruise for June 2016 not showing change on WebSite. Sunshine gone for the Summer

MAGIC. I am excited. P.C. always has the highest rates yet never gets a good ship. When we get one we love..........the Dream. Liberty BANG they are moved to Texas. where the fares are much less than in P.C.

Cannot understand this dance.

The "pretty " girl never gets to dance in P.C.. (Ships are feminine. I think.)

Any one have any information? I want to book. We usually cruise that month. Got to where we like it. Over the Fourth of July.

I agree with you almost always Jimbo, but not this time.

The commentary about how the announcements are made happens when John H. brings it up. I think regular folks who simply like to plan in advance are not without merit in being frustrated. As for Royal or any other line, I for one never referenced them. However, if similar businesses can make similar announcements more efficiently, then there's nothing wrong with comparing how it's done. I don't know why I or anyone else should basically sit back and be quiet because we disagree with the constant anticipatory announcements only for the time to come and then be told, no wait a little longer. What that has to do with the price of Royal ' s Pina coladas is beyond me. I am fine with the price of Carnival's drinks yet still dislike they way they have rolled out these deployments.

The commentary about how the announcements are made happens when John H. brings it up. I think regular folks who simply like to plan in advance are not without merit in being frustrated. As for Royal or any other line, I for one never referenced them. However, if similar businesses can make similar announcements more efficiently, then there's nothing wrong with comparing how it's done. I don't know why I or anyone else should basically sit back and be quiet because we disagree with the constant anticipatory announcements only for the time to come and then be told, no wait a little longer. What that has to do with the price of Royal ' s Pina coladas is beyond me. I am fine with the price of Carnival's drinks yet still dislike they way they have rolled out these deployments.

It's OK to disagree from time to time.;) I underdstand your position. Announcements have nothing to do with drink pricing, I was just using that to emphaisze that cruise lines do things indenepenant of one another (and throw a littel dig to my friends who are RCCL lovers).:D

I can certainly agree that Carnival could do a better (read that as more timely) job on announcements. If I saw a reason for it (the delay) after I saw the announcement, I would temper my view, but that is usually not the case.

It's OK to disagree from time to time.;) I underdstand your position. Announcements have nothing to do with drink pricing, I was just using that to emphaisze that cruise lines do things indenepenant of one another (and throw a littel dig to my friends who are RCCL lovers).:D

I can certainly agree that Carnival could do a better (read that as more timely) job on announcements. If I saw a reason for it (the delay) after I saw the announcement, I would temper my view, but that is usually not the case.

Understood Jim!

Why is this even considered new dancing? John already told us this!

Not everyone knew. I certainly didn't and we are impacted by the changes he announced. Still, they must say something about Tampa and Long Beach. Doesn't sound like much to announce though. Obviously the Splendor isn't going West.

Not everyone knew. I certainly didn't and we are impacted by the changes he announced. Still, they must say something about Tampa and Long Beach. Doesn't sound like much to announce though. Obviously the Splendor isn't going West.

Unless I missed something, has there been any news on the Miracle?

I can look (but i'm lazy), but how far out are the Splendor dates (new ones - back filling the Breeze)? Just till Vista comes over?

I can look (but i'm lazy), but how far out are the Splendor dates (new ones - back filling the Breeze)? Just till Vista comes over?

Don't know Jim. We were switched from the Valor to the Magic for next August. And of course Vista's 3 day was cancelled. That one really broke my little cruise heart. Lol

Yes the Miracle is the one ship I think we are waiting for.

Well said cruizinisthebest!!

this is just stupid, but in line with how carnival has been making announcements of these type... they already announced the magic and breeze re-location and such just a few weeks / months ago... and now they're doing them 'far earlier' than they had previous announced... i'm astonished at how they are unable to manage their own deployments.

they make these decisions, and to just capriciously change them after an already long drawn out announcement - i can surely see how people get frustrated. i really fail to understand why they cannot manage this more efficiently.

I just feel so bad for everyone who's cruises got cancelled, especially those who were booked on the Breeze. I'm sure those folks are furious. I just don't get what was the big rush to move the Breeze to Galveston so ahead of time! It's causing a big mess and frustration for those who were booked on that ship. The only good thing coming out of this is Magic will be going to PC a lot earlier and will be offering some cool itineraries from there, I might even consider having my birthday/Grad cruise on that ship [emoji41]

this is just stupid, but in line with how carnival has been making announcements of these type... they already announced the magic and breeze re-location and such just a few weeks / months ago... and now they're doing them 'far earlier' than they had previous announced... i'm astonished at how they are unable to manage their own deployments.

they make these decisions, and to just capriciously change them after an already long drawn out announcement - i can surely see how people get frustrated. i really fail to understand why they cannot manage this more efficiently.

What does a Chevy have to do with anything.....:confused:

It is confusing.