Presidents Weekend Sale, but no "Future" credit

Caribbean Chris

We booked a 2015 future cruise in December, with 123Go plus the Future Cruise Consultant's $200 onboard credit as a result of booking while on board.

Called today to check on Presidents Sale applicability...bottom line we can get the $300 rate reduction and keep the 123Go. But if so, we must give up the $200 OBC given by the future cruise consultant when we booked onboard.

Works for me, since with our T. agent's additional OBC, we had plenty anyway for a 7-day cruise, especially with drinks & gratuities already paid for.

Net gain at our end, $100.

Anybody else getting a different scenario?

Edited by Caribbean Chris

We had the exact thing happen today, but the dollars were different. You almost need a PHD to figure out the pricing changes and then figure out the actual benefit.

At least it is fun checking price reductions. We had some good discounts/upgrades doing that over the years.

We booked a 2015 future cruise in December, with 123Go plus the Future Cruise Consultant's $200 onboard credit.

Called today to check on Presidents Sale applicability...bottom line we can get the $300 rate reduction and keep the 123Go. But if so, we must give up the $200 OBC given.

Works for me, since with our T. agent's additional OBC, we had plenty anyway for a 7-day cruise, especially with drinks & gratuities already paid for.

You almost need a PHD to figure out the pricing changes and then figure out the actual benefit.

At least it is fun checking price reductions. We had some good discounts/upgrades doing that over the years.

Everyone has their own strategies and priorities for booking cruises, and you have to do what works for you. ;)

But if you have some flexibility and can avoid buying into the marketing hype, here are a few of the deals available TODAY...

16 nights on Reflection, 11 April, $769pp with a total of $375 OBC.

14 nights on Silhouette, 19 April, $549pp with a total of $375 OBC.

12 nights on Constellation, 9 April, $549pp with a total of $300 OBC.

25 nights on Constellation, 9 April, $1436pp with a total of $625 OBC.

You can barely live at home for prices like that...

Edited by teecee60

I was also told I would lose the $300 OBC from our on board booking, but could get the lower Pres. Day pricing and keep the 123 Go.

I have also read that some have been able to keep their OBC for booking on board, which I thought was part of the bkg number and stays with that reservation.

What is the correct answer? It is frustrating!

I was also told I would lose the $300 OBC from our on board booking, but could get the lower Pres. Day pricing and keep the 123 Go.

I have also read that some have been able to keep their OBC for booking on board, which I thought was part of the bkg number and stays with that reservation.

What is the correct answer? It is frustrating!

I wish I knew the correct answer but one thing we were told is the same as you - give up the $300 OBC from the on board booking. Very confusing.

Anytime you go for a price change, all perks go into the air and will land based on the rules of current booking. This is spelled out in X's Low Fare guarantee.

If you rebook into a standard yet reduced fare, they mostly keep.

If booking into some sort of discounted fare, it means canceling and rebooking often, losing perks, but getting back any current ones - applying the rules of the "sale fare" as they go for the fare. A rule may for example disallow having 2 perks, which may mean that you can;t combine the on Board Booking perk with the 123 perk, b=pick one or the other, not both, even though the On Board Booking may say it can be combined, it can only be combined wit a fare that allows combinability.

Seems to me the President's day sales fall under the latter, they are special prices, and nut just reduced prices on existing fares.

For example cruises have fares:

• Standard cabin Fare
  • Sale Fare
  • Senior Citizen Fare

The standard cabin fare may start out at $2000, but they may reduce Standard fare to $1700, and raise Standard fare again to $1900. There is always a Standard Fare, but its price will adjust and move over time. This fare is available to book at all times.

Sale fare will be whatever they want in a moment, and has lots of restrictions with it. These come and go and are not available at all times.

Senior fare similar to Sale Fare.

Works similar to airlines.

Full fare changes over time, and include a all kinds of benefits, ability to upgrade, keep frewuentl flyer points, and cancel for full refund.

Slightly reduced fare, allows all the perks above, but there is a change and cancellation penalty

Even more reduced fare loses upgrade ability, but still keep Frequent Flyer points.

Bottom bucket fare, does not allow accrual of even frequent flyer points.

It's a give and take as to how much cash one wants to pay versus how important perks are.

Edited by cle-guy

I also called my TA today and got a good discount for the President's weekend sale. And I also lost the OBC that I'd gotten for my on-board booking. In my case, the discount was larger than the OBC so I went for it. I still have the $300 OBC that came with the 123go deal and so I still have some spending money on board and I'm happy.

PS Hi jspirit! :) I think that you were the one who first told me about constantly checking for deals up until final payment.

-Sue

The whole OBC, pre-paid grats, 123GO, Presidents Weekend thing got totally crazy for me. I saw the price on my Baltic trip seem to go down $300 but when I called, it was actually up to get the perks I already had, then I was looking at a 12 AU/NZ trip in Nov 2015,it was really a great price..I waited a day to talk to DW about it and the trip went up $500 in that day, during the sale, oh this morning the Baltic trip was up again too....crazy times

Chris, we did the exact same thing this weekend. Net gain $100 for our Nov. cruise. We probably should have waited for a price reduction in the cabin that isn't due to a sale. And we still will, until we have to pay the TA.

We're down to $700 OBC which is still fine. $900 sounded better but we're $100 ahead.

Even if we are getting the 123 Go all inclusive (all 3 offers) ??

No. Shareholder credit is pretty restricted, and definitely not combinable with any of the 123 perks, and I don't think it is even combinable with BOB bookings .

My assumption os Shareholder credit is only valuable for TA's and close in booking that come with no other "perks". These are times I use it.

I always apply for its use, sometimes get lucky, but also wound't be distraught to arrive ship side to have guests service say no it's not combinable, it had been approved in error.

Hi all,

We just purchased a cruise for next spring with the 123go special. I was going to upgrade the classic beverage package up to the premium package ( DW just loves' those martinis':D) I know I can pay the upgrade fee of $11.80 per person today, but was wondering if I can wait and pay onboard using our $300 OBC. I tried calling Celebrity but received confusing answers.

Thanks...

Hi all,

We just purchased a cruise for next spring with the 123go special. I was going to upgrade the classic beverage package up to the premium package ( DW just loves' those martinis':D) I know I can pay the upgrade fee of $11.80 per person today, but was wondering if I can wait and pay onboard using our $300 OBC. I tried calling Celebrity but received confusing answers.

Thanks...

Yes, you can. :)

hulamoonI suppose the if you book onboard you always get to keep it with one one other offer is no longer valid?

That's what they are saying if the rate is a "special pricing" and not just a reduction in rates.

Hi all,

Thanks...

Yes, and we are going to the same thing and for the same reason. I love those martinis! :)