Confused about BOGO/WOW

bosoxfan5

I am looking at prices for 2 persons on the Enchantment in June. The OV is $556-$606 pp. Assuming the higher price, that should mean that the prices without taxes, fees and port expenses should be $909 (606 + 303). The taxes, fees and port expenses are $80.58 pp. This should bring the cost to $1070.16. There is no OBC. The summary of charges state the cruise fare is $742 per guest with same port expenses and a discount of $371 for guest two. The total is $1274.16. Can someone please explain this? I am confused :confused: Thanks!

I can't imagine going into their website and trying to figure that out for you.:rolleyes: Even if I knew the exact dates and room # I wouldn't try. For one thing, the numbers could change at any minute.........

All I can say is, welcome the the world of deceptive and pathetic RCCL pricing schemes..

Edited by bouhunter

Can someone please explain this? I am confused :confused: Thanks!

As I said, welcome to RCCL pricing.....................:rolleyes: Their pricing is a shell game - shift, decieve and confuse the consumer whenever possible but in the end convince them they got a "sale price" ..................

Edited by bouhunter

I am looking at prices for 2 persons on the Enchantment in June. The OV is $556-$606 pp. Assuming the higher price, that should mean that the prices without taxes, fees and port expenses should be $909 (606 + 303). The taxes, fees and port expenses are $80.58 pp. This should bring the cost to $1070.16. There is no OBC. The summary of charges state the cruise fare is $742 per guest with same port expenses and a discount of $371 for guest two. The total is $1274.16. Can someone please explain this? I am confused :confused: Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for the question. We'd love to discuss this with you! Can you give us a call to (866)562-7625 with your desired sail date? We're here to help.

The price you see on the website already has BOGOHO applied, so it's an average price of the fares of the first two guests.

Yes, that's the price for two guests applied so that is the average price for the fares for 556-606 times 2 plus tax, port fees times 2.

But BOGO should not even have the BOGO math applied because 3 and 4 night cruises are not part of the BOGO ads.

BOGO cruises should have cruises of 5 or longer in the BOGO math.

Anyways, so why is there BOGO math for 3 or 4 night cruises? for confusion?

Impossible for me to figure out RCCL pricing on line too. Between the BOGO, OBC promo, loyalty balcony discount it's too hard to follow...too confusing Sometimes I get a better price when I don't login for my balcony discount! What I can tell by the displayed price is the "sale" is all hype and no substance. Seems to have been like this for almost a year now.

We're looking to add a cruise this summer and will probably book with Princess (which we enjoy as much as Royal) mainly for their easier to follow, and better pricing right now.

Edited by dplusd
sp

we just got back from a disney cruise and want to try royal for next year. i've been online everyday for the past week looking at prices and it seems like it's gone up $800. even with the bogoho sale. same room, same itinerary,same date. i thought royal was supposed to be less expensive than disney!

It is always confusing, and quite often different day by day. What I do is figure I would like to pay around $100 or less per person per day taxes and tips included and that's generally what it comes out to. Anything less is a win, imho. You will never make sense of their schemes, this is just how I keep it straight in my head.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Hi! Thanks for the question. We'd love to discuss this with you! Can you give us a call to (866)562-7625 with your desired sail date? We're here to help.

Thanks for offering to assist!

Please tell the Board of Directors that the BOGO sale might be making them a few bucks in the short run, but in the long run, they are confusing their customer base and the sale is being perceived as a bait & switch. Please tell them this.

Thank you!

Thanks for offering to assist!

Please tell the Board of Directors that the BOGO sale might be making them a few bucks in the short run, but in the long run, they are confusing their customer base and the sale is being perceived as a bait & switch. Please tell them this.

Thank you!

I agree! Please talk to the BOD, I was gonna take three girls w/ me on a graduation cruise this May/June and the prices are doubled what I paid on the Oasis last year - we were planning to do the Oasis again this year b/c their friend hasn't ever cruised before. Now, I'm looking at another line which I never really wanted to do.

If I am considering a cruise, I have to look at all the cabins categories for which I might be interested, and if my date is flexible, I look at a variety of dates. The pricing can really be MUCH different than what is listed on the sailing date home screen. It is time consuming and frustrating. The RCCL pricing games just confuses the process. One category might have some OBC, and the next category might not. Some small RCCL OBC might then make a higher loyalty discount ineligible. :(

Sorry OP - I feel your pain.

M

I just booked today for the 11/22/15 Thanksgiving cruise and what it came out to be was $1299 X 2 for the D1 cat. on the Jewel. They took off $250 from 1st cruise & half from 2nd cruise then added 60.80 p.p. port & gov. tax = $1735. for 2. Also it says $200 obc for a balcony and above so I thought it was a pretty good deal.

We went to a travel show and came home and tried to book through the website. The prices even with the BOGO was higher than we were told at the travel show. We called a travel agent from the show and were able to book a balcony on the Oasis in September for $400 less than the RCI website. I'm still not sure why were able to do that.

I'm curious as to how the Diamond discount for a balcony room plays into the BOGO promotion. My travel agent was told by RCCL that I couldnt use the Diamond discount and get the $200.00 OBC. I tried booking on line without using my diamond member # and got the $200.00 OBC but when I tried booking with my diamond number I got the diamond balcony discount but the OBC went away. To further complicate things I have a open booking reservation and should get a $150.00 OBC with that. Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions?

I'm curious as to how the Diamond discount for a balcony room plays into the BOGO promotion. My travel agent was told by RCCL that I couldnt use the Diamond discount and get the $200.00 OBC. I tried booking on line without using my diamond member # and got the $200.00 OBC but when I tried booking with my diamond number I got the diamond balcony discount but the OBC went away. To further complicate things I have a open booking reservation and should get a $150.00 OBC with that. Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions?

Yes, I had this happen last week. If you have a BOGOHO price, then you cannot get both the C&A balcony and the BOGOHO OBC. However, you can pick whichever you like.

Is the price per passenger raised before taking the deduction, if so then one can't be sure if they are saving or not. Markets do it all the time, # 2 for X $ yet when you look at the individual price,your saving may or not be only a few cents. I booked our present cruise before the sail so know what we are paying.

"We're here to help" is almost as classic a dodge as "the check is in the mail":rolleyes: