What dinner option should us newlyweds do?

thehams

My fiance and I will be taking the Navigator on RCCL this September for our Honeymoon. It will be my 3rd cruise and DF's 1st. I'm wondering if we should dine with other cruisers in the main dining room or get a table for just ourselves.

On my previous cruises, I sat at a table with others and it was a lot of fun, but since we will be on our honeymoon, we will probably want to do some of the specialty restaurants and maybe even decide to "Stay in" for dinner and get room service. So with that said, I'm thinking maybe a table for 2 in the main dining room would be better, since we will miss a few nights?

What do you think? What have you done?

On Enchantment the wife and I shared a table with another couple (whom we did not know, met them the first night). We did a specialty restaurant one night and I think they did the same. Bottom line, we only dined with them two out of the five nights, so it was no big deal. We enjoyed having tablemates, but also enjoyed dining alone...we had the best of both worlds. On another cruise (different cruise line) we had a shared table but the other couple never showed up on any of the seven nights, so we had the table to ourselves...not too shabby!

Why not just do My Time Dining? You can skip any night you like, have a table for two any night, or have a table with others when you want too! Seems like MTD was made for you.

If you reserve a table for two in the MDR and do not use it, someone who wanted one can not have one!:)

Why not just do My Time Dining? You can skip any night you like, have a table for two any night, or have a table with others when you want too! Seems like MTD was made for you.

If you reserve a table for two in the MDR and do not use it, someone who wanted one can not have one!:)

This is the perfect solution to your situation.

My fiance and I will be taking the Navigator on RCCL this September for our Honeymoon. It will be my 3rd cruise and DF's 1st. I'm wondering if we should dine with other cruisers in the main dining room or get a table for just ourselves.

On my previous cruises, I sat at a table with others and it was a lot of fun, but since we will be on our honeymoon, we will probably want to do some of the specialty restaurants and maybe even decide to "Stay in" for dinner and get room service. So with that said, I'm thinking maybe a table for 2 in the main dining room would be better, since we will miss a few nights?

What do you think? What have you done?

Breakfast in bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my first cruise, my wife (then fiance) and I shared a table with 4 other couples. It was a blast getting know new people and hearing stories of what everyone did that day.

On the first day, before we had even met any of them at dinner, we went to Chops and made a reservation for later in the week for 4 people figuring we would meet another couple we liked and could invite them to join us. Sure enough, of the 4 couples we really hit it off with one in particular and they joined us for dinner.

Of course, you may want to enjoy a specialty restaurant by yourselves. As a courtesy, just tell your tablemates and wait staff the night before that you will not be joining them so they are not waiting for you when you don't show up.

Ok, I didn't even think of that, thank you! MTD is new to me! So do we just make a reservation, say the morning of if we know we will be eating in the main dining room? Or can we reserve days in advance?

No reservations are needed. Our last three cruises we just went when we wanted and had no trouble getting a table for two. Congrats and have a great cruise.

No reservations are needed. Our last three cruises we just went when we wanted and had no trouble getting a table for two. Congrats and have a great cruise.

What Big G said! Have a great cruise and a long happy married life!

Sometimes the tables for 2 are VERYCLOSE to one another - it's like dining with others anyway as there is very little privacy, in my opinion. Why don't you take My Time Dining, and mix it up a little? Dine alone a few nights and with others on other nights. Best of both worlds.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

• 2 weeks later...

You will have 22 hours a day to "be alone"...since you enjoyed table mates in the past...go for it again! In this day and age, most "newlyweds" have been together for some time...so go ahead and dine with others and have a good time!