What is the best guarantee upgrade you have gotten

romandog

ALL of our guarantees ( at least 10) have been in the same super category as the guarantee booked, no upgrade. That is, if I booked a balcony guarantee, I was given a balcony. Booked OV guarantee, and I was given an OV. I have on occasion not had the lowest accommodation in the category. If I booked a balcony guarantee, maybe I was given D rather than an E, but I don't consider that an upgrade. (I booked a balcony guarantee and that is what I got.)

I read about those who book an interior guarantee and somehow end up in a balcony! Not in my experience. We never expect anything greater than what we booked in the guarantee, so we are never disappointed.

M

On our Independence of the Seas cruise last year, they had a last-minute (about three days before sailing) availability of an X guarantee for only about $30 more than we paid for our Promenade cabin (after factoring in the balcony discount). So, we upgraded to the X and were immediately assigned to a lovely D2 cabin on the hump. The cabin was great as was its location, incredibly convenient to the aft elevator lobby.

Sounds like a few others have been lucky. Both my last 2 W (suite) guarantees have been a JS. Great cabin, and happy with what we got but we always hope that a full suite upgrade may appear. Maybe next time....

Me and my family went on Allure May of 2012. We booked two inside grnt rooms and ended up getting two boardwalk balcony rooms about 3 doors down from each other. Only time thats ever happened mostly because I dont trust id get that kind of upgrade again. so im quitting while ahead :D

Our only two upgrades:

Legend Sep 2014 TransAtlantic Cat.Z inside GTY; got a D2 Balcony.

Not a GTY but Dec 2009 Celebrity Xpedition in Galapagos booked one of only four XO (cheapest) cabins. Upon arrival at the boat was upgraded to an XS Xpedition Suite.

Thom