In Sydney Today With Queen Elizabeth

Keith1010

My wife and I are sailing the 2015 World Cruise on-board Crystal Serenity and we are in Sydney, Australia today with the Queen Elizabeth so I thought I would post two photos of the QE.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RLEidNzvC-Q/VPUZea-g2EI/AAAAAAAAsMY/oVC1NdD6r0I/s1600/DSC_0488.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OcbYw4Qnk3k/VPUZdqJi6MI/AAAAAAAAsMQ/MggUUSKYVAQ/s1600/DSC_0525.jpg

Keith

Thanks, Keith. She's one of our favorites.

We've been enjoying your blog each day. Hope the tenders that you had to take from Serenity didn't take long to get to the dock. Think the city put on some large tenders for you which would speed things up.

Why does Serenity only stay one day in that fabulous city where there is so much to do? Enjoy your day; it looks beautiful.

Oahucruiser, you are very welcome.

Sometimes we have the overnight and other times we don't and I believe it was because we couldn't secure the Circular Quay location of the second night but we had it for today. Evidently, we were bumped and the QE got the spot.

The boats that they sent to take us back and forth were quite nice and the time was about 10 minutes to get to the drop-off point.

Best to you.

Keith

My wife and I are sailing the 2015 World Cruise on-board Crystal Serenity and we are in Sydney, Australia today with the Queen Elizabeth so I thought I would post two photos of the QE.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RLEidNzvC-Q/VPUZea-g2EI/AAAAAAAAsMY/oVC1NdD6r0I/s1600/DSC_0488.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OcbYw4Qnk3k/VPUZdqJi6MI/AAAAAAAAsMQ/MggUUSKYVAQ/s1600/DSC_0525.jpg

Keith

great pics Keith, she looks magnificent against that fantastic background.Did you take any of the poppy wall? I have found some Australian news releases but so far no pictures online.

have a great trip....

roscoe39, thank you.

We did pass the Poppy Wall but didn't take any photos of it.

Keith

well hope they kept up to the high standards we set here in Auckland....

did i hear mention you were doing a blog Keith...care to share??? Always keen on living vicariously through your trips...

regards

Roscoe, you will love his blog. Full of photos and information about ports and life on Crystal.

Im certainly looking forward to it, I'm currently watching the QE on the sydney YHA live web cam where you can control the camera, it has a fantastic resolution and you can get very close to the ship.

Will be watching her depart....sigh....i think i have a problem. lol, I know they have a "friends of dorothys" and a "friends of bill w" on board but do they have for those addicted to cruiseships and what do they call it?

later....sorry Keith, all the es bounce to that combination "Old" is invalid,. I must be missing something...

Edited by roscoe39

Im certainly looking forward to it, I'm currently watching the QE on the sydney YHA live web cam where you can control the camera, it has a fantastic resolution and you can get very close to the ship.

Will be watching her depart....sigh....i think i have a problem. lol, I know they have a "friends of dorothys" and a "friends of bill w" on board but do they have for those addicted to cruiseships and what do they call it?

later....sorry Keith, all the es bounce to that combination "Old" is invalid,. I must be missing something...

BTW, Roscoe, fb has a picture up of the poppy wall for the Cruise Critic Aus site.

Edited by MicCanberra

Roscoe, Keith has a lot of trouble with autocorrect on his system. "old" should be "aol".

Roy

Keith

Fabulous photos Keith, thank you for sharing and have a great cruise.

Ah, I knew they were somewhere.

It's just a year ago that my wife and I met up with Queen Mary 2 in Sydney. I thought it a good wheeze to climb one of the bridge pylons to hopefully get a good photograph of my favourite ship...

16518836659_76cdbbf97f_z.jpg

Curiosity killed the cat as I wondered why so many people were on the fo'c'sle. A quick change of lens to telephoto and i couldn't believe my luck...

16518836619_1f531f1509_z.jpg

They were doing that 10th birthday photo shoot.

so sorry. I should have said aol instead of old.

Keith