Royal Caribbean Website Update

The new changes are so unfriendly.....one of the things I used to like was the itinerary list (no pictures)....the best part was showing the date in each port. New set up shows pictures in a long list taking up alot of space with no dates at all. Sigh....

Unless I am missing something, the new site doesn't list the times you are in port. Most of the time this is not a big deal, but on one cruise we docked in San Juan on a Sunday... from 3pm to 10pm. I won't book a cruise that has that sort of stop again, so I really need to know the hours in port.

It is so hard to believe how horrible the IT staff is at Royal....but this kind of incompetence should be rooted out top down. True story....my girlfriend's husband is a high-level IT guy and he met the Royal Caribbean CIO at a conference 6 or 7 years ago and he said he was not at all impressed with the guy. I guess they had some discussions and he seemed to be behind the times or something. The only reason I heard about it was because they know that I love to cruise and at that time Royal was my main cruise line. Not positive if it is the same guy, but I believe so since the current CIO looks to have been in place since 2007. Come on Royal, it seems like you need to shake some thing up over in your IT Department. Was this website so rushed that there was no time for testing?

Unless I am missing something, the new site doesn't list the times you are in port. Most of the time this is not a big deal, but on one cruise we docked in San Juan on a Sunday... from 3pm to 10pm. I won't book a cruise that has that sort of stop again, so I really need to know the hours in port.

Click on the picture of the port and on the new screen you will get it will show the arrival and departure times are above the picture.

I also preferred the old way that they listed the itinerary.

Edited by cruisenfever

Here's what I don't like about the website. You could show destinations and whether one or more ships would be sailing to a destination (Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Alaska, etc. Or, you could see the entire fleet and what destination each was sailing, by month.

This was handy, when trying to see if cruises for the following year had been loaded into the reservation system.

All of this was under Advanced Search.

Now, that feature is gone.

The old Advanced Search was the best.:)

It was Easy to see what ships were out there in what month you chose to search.

Not so much now!!!

refreshing on every click and then you scroll down and start over again to refresh.....

Only search on their web site and I never book a cruise on it, I call RCL to do that, just don't trust the web site to get anything right?:rolleyes:

Once I got away from my office computer (hello IT Dept, the 90s want their browsers back!), everything went smoothly! I was able to book in record time. I might add that I called and spoke with customer service twice yesterday. The first lady wasn't very clear, so I called back yesterday and spoke with a gentleman who was AWESOME!!! I added a second passenger with ease.

Click on the picture of the port and on the new screen you will get it will show the arrival and departure times are above the picture.

I also preferred the old way that they listed the itinerary.

Also liked the itinerary laid out like it was before, down in a row and tidy, if you are browsing around for cruises & ports, then this takes up too much time

....takes up waaay too much space too and just not friendly!!! I don't need to see the port photo etc.

Just the port and the dates and times when booking, photos can come later, thank you......

I live in Spain so if I want to look at the Royal Caribbean website in English I have to change the country to Spain / English (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do?wuc=ESP&StickToDomain=USA) this is fine except that since the update if I want to click on the links to FAQ, etc it detects that I am in Spain and puts me back on the Spanish version of the website and there doesn't seem to be a way to force it to display in English. Now my Spanish isn't bad but it would be much easier to read in English. Aaarghh! Just venting, sorry folks!

I live in Spain so if I want to look at the Royal Caribbean website in English I have to change the country to Spain / English (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do?wuc=ESP&StickToDomain=USA) this is fine except that since the update if I want to click on the links to FAQ, etc it detects that I am in Spain and puts me back on the Spanish version of the website and there doesn't seem to be a way to force it to display in English. Now my Spanish isn't bad but it would be much easier to read in English. Aaarghh! Just venting, sorry folks!

I feel your pain!

I live in Finland. There is a specific shortened version of all information available in Finnish, but the booking itself is diverted to English pages. However this update gives only prices in USD as location is set as US. I would have to change location to Finland to get EURO prices, but when I do that, I am switched back to Finnish front page. So it is a closed loop. I called RCI but they dont see this loop, since their ip address is not in Finland...

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!

Would you please tell someone that the site is NOT working properly. The filters for military , senior and residency for one thing do NOT work. I know for a fact that there are cruises that hav a military rate available yet when I click on that my results are the same 614 cruises that are available without that button checked. Thanks

Amen - I have tried over and over to find ways to navigate the new site and formats. Because the BOGOHO pricing is so high, it's more important than ever to be able to search for special rates and I have not had any luck using the filters. It's hard to believe they've lost so much functionality with this "upgrade". I can't be bothered bumbling through hundreds of cruise possibilities with proxy bookings trying to ferret out a military or senior rate. Guess I'll have to find other sites to find affordable options on Royal.