Royal Caribbean Website Update

Not sure what I'm doing right, but here at home, on my laptop, Chrome, IE9, and Safari all work. No problems with the re-setting of height.

Sorry that so many have problems, but thankfully, I'm not.

I'll try my iphone next.

This is just a guess, but it might be that one of the changes to the website was to add the concept of charging for shows. It looks like they left some parts undone, and it's defaulting to saying "not included". So maybe at some point in the future we will see charges for shows, but as of now, there are none that I'm aware of.

I wonder how Cats would do, being charged to see it??

I was just looking through the new Royal Caribbean website and notice that for my cruise on Brilliance of the Seas in June it is now showing the aerial show over the Centrum as "Price: Not included in cost of cruise". I also notice that a lot of the activities that I would have thought were included in the fare are also showing "Price: Not included in cost of cruise" such as dance classes, scrapbooking, napkin folding, etc. I am rather hoping that these are just a mistake on the new website as we have 4 days at sea and I really don't know what we will do if everything is at extra cost. :eek:

Gail x

That would definitely be B...S! (Sorry, but you can't walk through the Centrum right now, or ride the elevator, or leave your room....until the show is over....yeah, right! :) If that were the case, you'll have your pick of cabins because no one in their right mind will continue to cruise like that. Time for ALL INCLUSIVES! ;)

Sounds like that is the default setting that hasn't been changed yet, I agree. Not exactly sure how you would charge for a show that happens over an open public area!

But just FYI, if you haven't cruised in a while, there are now a LOT of "pay" activities on the ships. I would estimate on our Oasis B2B last year, nearly half of the listed activities in the Compass were pay activities. The days of "all-inclusive" are long gone. :-/

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

They could charge for the seats along the rail or down on ground floor under the performers

I'm sorry, I spoke to soon. Just tried searching for a cruise and got as far as choosing number of nights and got an error message saying Royal Caribbean is trying to load page. We'll try this later after many more drinks.

I would venture to say that it wouldn't do very good. I don't think I've seen one poster on here say that they really liked it. I know that I'm not planning on going on my upcoming Oasis cruise. :cool:

(Ps.. I wish Oasis was getting Mamma Mia, instead of Allure! :p)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Still have no idea what I'm doing right.

Worked well on my iPhone- although it normally goes to a mobile version anyway.

And installed Firefox on my laptop just to see. Works great.

Honestly, I have not seen any of the problems others are. Odd.

Chrome 41 works, IE9 (can't update) works, not sure what the version of Firefox I have, Safari 5.1.7 works. All with an old Windows 7.

dunno:)

Unfortunately, not impressed with the enhanced site. I can't get past the "book it" feature to look at prices. Keeps telling me that a direct reservation is not available from my county....I'm in the U.S. :rolleyes:

with you. Not impressed at all. Way more difficult to look up cruises and pricing than before.

New site does not work with FireFox, at least not mine. Just shows a blank screen that constantly refreshes multiple times a second.

Working fine in IE, seems faster than the old site

I'm having the same problem. Won't open in Firefox. Tried removing cookies but, still won't open. Any other suggestions?

Still have no idea what I'm doing right.

Worked well on my iPhone- although it normally goes to a mobile version anyway.

And installed Firefox on my laptop just to see. Works great.

Honestly, I have not seen any of the problems others are. Odd.

Chrome 41 works, IE9 (can't update) works, not sure what the version of Firefox I have, Safari 5.1.7 works. All with an old Windows 7.

dunno:)

I agree. Mine is working fine. It's been working great with Safari. It also worked on Windows 7 & my iPad.

That's really funny. Of course if the shows become a "upcharge" profit center they would probably offer shows people actually wanted to see and would enjoy!

with you. Not impressed at all. Way more difficult to look up cruises and pricing than before.

Agreed. It's counter-intuitive and clunky. I wish they would direct their attention to fixing more critical issues with the website -- like rampant repricing of booked reservations -- before working on cosmetic issues.

Edited by Dave85

Agreed. It's counter-intuitive and clunky. I wish they would direct their attention to fixing more critical issues with the website -- like rampant repricing of booked reservations -- before working on cosmetic issues.

The re-pricing has been going on for quite some time now. I suspect that they have no incentive to fix it as it probably makes money for them.

The Change Country field is now at the very bottom left of the home page.

Thanks Bob. The old site used to automatically quote in Canadian funds if I was using a Canadian ISP. Now I need to tell it to. A minor annoyance, but now that I know to change it first, things are all good.

Thanks Bob. The old site used to automatically quote in Canadian funds if I was using a Canadian ISP. Now I need to tell it to. A minor annoyance, but now that I know to change it first, things are all good.

Mine opened directly in CDN funds. I was using Safari. Seems to me that there are way too many variables depending on the browser.

Is it not possible to design a site that works the same regardless of the web browser you are using?

Hard to say, but I won't sit through it for free.

We sat through until the intermission on Day 1 of the Oasis TA and then stayed to see out of curiosity how many came back.... Then we left.

Definitely would not pay for it! Would love to see Jersey Boys instead!!!

Mine opened directly in CDN funds. I was using Safari. Seems to me that there are way too many variables depending on the browser.

Is it not possible to design a site that works the same regardless of the web browser you are using?

I can switch to CAN funds( tab on bottom of page now) and see initial price in CAN funds, and can even go through the selection process ( number of guests ect) but when I pick the actual rooms, it is quoting in US funds...that stinks...

Also using Safari

Edited by son3cruisers