Royal Caribbean Website Update

It's not that bad for me. If you go to Plan a Cruise > Find a Cruise (at the top of the home page), all cruise options will come up, but then down the left hand side of the list is a whole area to select specifics. You can even select certain days of the month.[/QUOT

When I try to search I get the all cruise options screen and the filter selections on the left side of the screen but selecting filters does not change the results - all cruise options continue to show regardless of filters. Is anyone else having this problem?

It's not that bad for me. If you go to Plan a Cruise > Find a Cruise (at the top of the home page), all cruise options will come up, but then down the left hand side of the list is a whole area to select specifics. You can even select certain days of the month.

My point is that there are many, more steps now to do this. Plus, it's not as easy for me to look line by line and compare prices that fit within my time frame (which is restricted because of school) and decide which is the best value for me. Even WITH the filters, the screens are now way too cluttered.

As many of you have noted, we made an update last night to our web site, http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com.

You will see big changes to our home page and the way you search for a cruise on the site. We've added better tools and filters on the Cruise Search page, more details about the itineraries and ships, and more! We have additional updates to the site coming in the future. For now, we welcome your feedback and thank you for continuing to be loyal to Royal Caribbean.

Could you please bring back the countdown to cruise on the home page? I enjoy seeing the countdown when I log in and go to the home page.

When I try to search I get the all cruise options screen and the filter selections on the left side of the screen but selecting filters does not change the results - all cruise options continue to show regardless of filters. Is anyone else having this problem?

Haven't had that problem. The filters are working fine for me.

I do miss the search option when logged into "your cruise account" I would always use this to ensure I was getting the best rate with my C&A discount.

While playing around I ran across a JS on Freedom for early April that had no BOGO pricing and did show the balcony discount. Base fare was 1399 PP, plus taxes and before discount

Anybody still not able to get in? I'm in Canada, using Firefox. When I try to go to the website all I get is a spinning load symbol in the top tab with the text rapidly flickering between "Connecting" and "Royal Caribbean."

Anybody still not able to get in? I'm in Canada, using Firefox. When I try to go to the website all I get is a spinning load symbol in the top tab with the text rapidly flickering between "Connecting" and "Royal Caribbean."

Same here. It just totally froze my computer up and I had to reboot.

Just checked the RCI homepage and it looks exactly like it did yesterday. As does everything else I checked. ???? Checked it using IE and Firefox.

Update...logged in looked the same. Logged out and the new page showed up. Will check it out.

Update...Just like the last time there was a major update to the site it will take some time getting used to and in time we will become familiar with it. At least there was an effort made towards improvement. Do I like it...to soon to tell but I will give it time.

Edited by looking4info

Same here. It just totally froze my computer up and I had to reboot.

I had to use IE in order to get to the new site. Chrome would not work for me.

I had no problem getting on the site this morning and to be honest, I like it. Much better than the old one. Much easier to navigate and it seems faster to navigate. Thank you RCCL for making the enhancements!

Faster than the old site? I know everyone's computer and connection is different, but with the amount of stuff on this site, I don't know how you could claim the new site is faster.

As for eaiser to naviagte, its defn not. As someone who has visited the site almost everyday for the past 2 years and booked may cruises, the new site is NOT easier to navigate.

I know change takes awhile to get used to, I am not saying that. But there is just too much stuff to filter through..and then it lists prices, its not as clear as it was before. Thats a fact, not an opinion!

Faster than the old site? I know everyone's computer and connection is different, but with the amount of stuff on this site, I don't know how you could claim the new site is faster.

As for eaiser to naviagte, its defn not. As someone who has visited the site almost everyday for the past 2 years and booked may cruises, the new site is NOT easier to navigate.

I know change takes awhile to get used to, I am not saying that. But there is just too much stuff to filter through..and then it lists prices, its not as clear as it was before. Thats a fact, not an opinion!

I think someone needs coffee. :rolleyes:

I've had several...and I totally agree with monctonguy

I hate it....takes 10 times longer to do a mock up, totally inconvenient. You can't even input dates, you have to scroll through a calendar....not good.:(

Sorry RCCL just how I see it. Lots of fluff and more user unfriendly.

Edited by BecciBoo

I hate it....takes 10 times longer to do a mock up, totally inconvenient. You can't even input dates, you have to scroll through a calendar....not good.:(

You don't have to scroll through the calendar if you choose the tab that says 'month'.

I've had several...and I totally agree with monctonguy

Sorry RCCL just how I see it. Lots of fluff and more user unfriendly.

Actually you don't have to flip through the calendar. When you open up the calendar, the top right says "MONTHS". Click on that, and you get the format that we're all used to.

In the past, I could select my state and it would filter those cruises for my state, or military, or senior. I doesn't seem to be able to do this anymore.

Any suggestions?

Plan a Cruise (Top) > Find a Cruise

Once you click on that, it shows all available cruises. On the left, there are filters where you can select state, military discounts, etc.

Not sure what you mean. I chose May on the 'months' tab and then update. Then Liberty on the ship selector. It gave me the 2 cruises that were available, and when I clicked on 'view all dates and availability' it gave me all categories and prices in table form.

Not sure what you mean. I chose May on the 'months' tab and then update. Then Liberty on the ship selector. It gave me the 2 cruises that were available, and when I clicked on 'view all dates and availability' it gave me all categories and prices in table form.

I agree. I don't see why people are finding it more difficult. The quick search at the bottom is the same as it used to be. And the "Find a Cruise" at the top is like the advanced search.

I had no problem getting on the site this morning and to be honest, I like it. Much better than the old one. Much easier to navigate and it seems faster to navigate. Thank you RCCL for making the enhancements!

Couldn't have said it better myself. In my opinion, it's basically the same site with a few more bells and whistles. Scroll down a little bit and there's the chance to search for a cruise in the same fashion as before. Want to see cruises from departure ports? Easy. Want to see cruises by day? Easy.

It also seemed quicker to load on my end as well. Maybe they upped the bandwidth of the servers.

Great job, Royal Caribbean!

Actually, what you just stated is, in fact, your opinion. That reminds me of the scene in Couples Retreat where Vince Vaughn keeps saying "I know my truth." -

;)

I found that there is actually more pricing information on its face. It's when you click on the cruise you want to look at it starts to get fuzzy. Again, just my opinion. Whether it's better or not, faster or not, more navigable or not, is all strictly opinion.