Royal Caribbean Website Update

The updated site works well for the most part on my windows 8.1 computer using IE 10. It doesn't work nearly well with my iPad Air tablet (iOS 8.1.2) using safari. When I make any update to the cruise selection options, the page reverts back to the top. Very annoying.

Like others have noted, when I log in, I am taken back to the old log in page. Unless you know to click the Royal Caribbean logo in the top left hand corner, you are trapped in the old site.

I am disappointed that there is not a way to save a search so users such as myself can quickly access cruises that we may be interested in, but not ready to pull the trigger on.

I thinking the marketing content has improved significantly with the changes. Much of it seems superfluous to me, but as an experienced cruiser, I am most certainly not the target audience. I also wonder what is the source of the reduced from pricing. I have been looking at Enchantment cruises for several months and the pricing has been reduced during that time period except to go up as far as I can tell.

I think it might have been beneficial for Royal to beta test the site with the younger adults that have served as panelists during its webcasts and classic cruisers such as pinnacles or upper level d+ers. (I suggested these statuses as a way for Royal to validate loyalty to the brand. A NDA would of course be needed.) I would imagine they did use new or target demo cruisers in a focus groups to evaluate effectiveness of the site, but I think more experienced web site users could have suggested tweaks concerning navigation.

Sorry to ramble on but I believe Royal was inviting feedback on the new site by notifying us of the web update via cruise critic.

Thank you for the advance notice - its quite nice for Royal Caribbean to reach out and do this for us all.

I agree its nice to see them on here.

Just hope they post the 2016 routes here soon.

I agree its nice to see them on here.

Just hope they post the 2016 routes here soon.

Only speculating....but....the changes may have been needed prior to rolling out the new rates and related information.

Rumor has it (no firm facts) that we'll see more new content (and rates) within the next week or two.

It was fine for me. I was checking to see how the prices fluctuated for my March 15th sailing on Freedom just about a half hour ago.

It's crazy that some people can access things, and some can't. It's kind of like everyone complaining about the site before; I literally never had a problem with the site, a cruise repricing itself, or problems with the multitude of changes I've made through cruise planner over the last six months in regards to refunds or otherwise. I kind of feel lucky because the complaints are rampant.

Here's to hoping RCCL works out the kinks so everyone can enjoy the new layout.

I am one who has also literally never had a problem with the site. I have booked every cruise, every RCI excursion, every specialty dining, etc on the web site form our first cruise until booking a specialty dining yesterday and have never experienced anything I have read on the various web site threads! I knock on wood! I have even canceled a cruise right on the web site with no problem and received my refund within 5 days! :cool:

For those having problems with the new website there is a warning banner on my Kindle Fire that we should be using the latest version of our browser. I have not experienced any problems with the new site yet on either my Kindle Fire or HP Chromebook.

Edited by Scotty G

I cannot get the site to work at all on my IPad safari. It worked fine until I signed in and then would not search - the crown and anchor number stayed red.

Then I closed it and reopened it already signed in and the filters work for a split second and then the screen refreshes with cruises that have nothing to do with my search.

Any ideas how I can get this to work?

And yes I'm on the latest release of Apple software.

Tami

Guest maddycat
I print off the C&A page

--- after any new points are updated, also shows the Past cruises listed.

Keep all our Sea Pass cards too. Just incase their system disappears I have back up info and the cards to show them.

I do the same. It's sad that we find it necessary to back up our information.

Is anyone else having problems with the filters for Military, Senior etc?

When I pull up all Caribbean cruises it lists 149, then I check military and it still lists 149. I know that there is not a military rate on all cruises.

Same thing for me with residency rates.

This makes me really nervous. I'm booked with a TA, so I can't see my balance, but I've logged in several times over the past week to do online check in and print my set sail pass. Now I'm worried!!! :eek:

What are the advantages of booking with a TA rather than directly with RCCL? Just curious and want to make sure I'm getting all the information I can. Thanks!

Glad you guys are getting to see the changes. The website wont even load for me. Just sits at a white screen and tries to load, stops, and tries to reload, rapidly......kind of annoying.

I have that problem with Chrome, but it works fine with IE. When I get home I'll try Firefox.

I was just looking through the new Royal Caribbean website and notice that for my cruise on Brilliance of the Seas in June it is now showing the aerial show over the Centrum as "Price: Not included in cost of cruise". I also notice that a lot of the activities that I would have thought were included in the fare are also showing "Price: Not included in cost of cruise" such as dance classes, scrapbooking, napkin folding, etc. I am rather hoping that these are just a mistake on the new website as we have 4 days at sea and I really don't know what we will do if everything is at extra cost. :eek:

Gail x

Edited by SpainAlien

I was just looking through the new Royal Caribbean website and notice that for my cruise on Brilliance of the Seas in June it is now showing the aerial show over the Centrum as "Price: Not included in cost of cruise". I also notice that a lot of the activities that I would have thought were included in the fare are also showing "Price: Not included in cost of cruise" such as dance classes, scrapbooking, napkin folding, etc. I am rather hoping that these are just a mistake on the new website as we have 4 days at sea and I really don't know what we will do if everything is at extra cost. :eek:

Gail x

This is just a guess, but it might be that one of the changes to the website was to add the concept of charging for shows. It looks like they left some parts undone, and it's defaulting to saying "not included". So maybe at some point in the future we will see charges for shows, but as of now, there are none that I'm aware of.

This is just a guess, but it might be that one of the changes to the website was to add the concept of charging for shows. It looks like they left some parts undone, and it's defaulting to saying "not included". So maybe at some point in the future we will see charges for shows, but as of now, there are none that I'm aware of.

:eek: That would really suck, unless they are upping the caliber of the shows.

Gail x

Sounds like that is the default setting that hasn't been changed yet, I agree. Not exactly sure how you would charge for a show that happens over an open public area!

But just FYI, if you haven't cruised in a while, there are now a LOT of "pay" activities on the ships. I would estimate on our Oasis B2B last year, nearly half of the listed activities in the Compass were pay activities. The days of "all-inclusive" are long gone. :-/

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, not impressed with the enhanced site. I can't get past the "book it" feature to look at prices. Keeps telling me that a direct reservation is not available from my county....I'm in the U.S. :rolleyes:

Gail x

That's just a glitch. Most things that it says it under are free.

Ps... for others wondering, I also saw this message under the American Icon Grill on Quantum, which really leads me to believe that it is just a glitch.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser