Royal Caribbean Website Update

Customer facing Production change on a Wednesday night at 9pm to the morning. Who is running their IT? Their website is garbage, with tons of problems, the cruise planner is a real mess. I'd be fired if I took down a customer site at 9pm.

I agree. They posted to inform us, not to take abuse. :)

Amen to that.

Fact is there are people on the site 24/7...so there simply is no perfect time.

Weekends are very busy in terms of activity too...and 2am ET would be 7am, 8am, or 9 am in other key markets...

So it's a shame some folks are taking the "it's all about me" mindset as far as the notification.

Customer facing Production change on a Wednesday night at 9pm to the morning. Who is running their IT? Their website is garbage, with tons of problems, the cruise planner is a real mess. I'd be fired if I took down a customer site at 9pm.

I'm all for it if they can actually improve it, plus there may be new information available. ;)

For the last two days the website has refused to show any C&A balcony discounts after I log in. I haven't seen any other comments on this - probably due to the fact that there really isn't a C&A Diamond price advantage since you lose the OBC.

This makes me really nervous. I'm booked with a TA, so I can't see my balance, but I've logged in several times over the past week to do online check in and print my set sail pass. Now I'm worried!!! :eek:

I have never seen issues with a TA logging in and having pricing change. No worries; just print away and enjoy your cruise!

I took a screen shot of our C&A profile page, just in case, as we are sailing on Saturday. Strange things can happen. We are going from D to D+ between our upcoming B2B, so I don't think it hurts to have an image saved of our current status.

I print off the C&A page

--- after any new points are updated, also shows the Past cruises listed.

Keep all our Sea Pass cards too. Just incase their system disappears I have back up info and the cards to show them.

I print off the C&A page

--- after any new points are updated, also shows the Past cruises listed.

Keep all our Sea Pass cards too. Just incase their system disappears I have back up info and the cards to show them.

Me too. I have every seapass card in a scrapbook. Mostly because I like to look back at our cruises, but also just in case they lose all my cruise history! :)

Maybe someone from RCCL will get on and explain how a BOGO costs the same as a regular fare. How do they add on $300.00 for each person? Washington DC chanel 7 is going to ask the same question to them on live TV.

When?

The NEW website is up (at least for now.) Got a slightly different look and feel. Would not be surprised it they take it down while they continue to work on it / roll it out.

EDIT: And no sooner did I post the above .... it's screwy. Pages are not redirecting. Betting it will be all squared away by tomorrow. As an IT guy I find it interesting they rolled it out in the middle of the week though I guess that makes more sense, since weekends are probably peak periods for a site like this.

Edited by KMagz

The NEW website is up (at least for now.) Got a slightly different look and feel. Would not be surprised it they take it down while they continue to work on it / roll it out.

I just tried and I couldn't get on. :confused:

When?

Dear Royal Caribbean,

Thanks for the heads up about the website maintenance, and while I have your attention I'd like to express myself:

IMO....get rid of the BOGO scam and go back to standard pricing!

Between the constant BOGO scams, the many unhappy cruisers posting one negative comment after another, C&A members bickering among themselves as to who is or isn't entitled to the few 'perks' that have survived the many cut backs....I've lost interest in cruising. So very sorry I got sucked into booking so many future cruises while onboard. No more future bookings for me...looking forward to seeing my reservation numbers disappear from 'My Cruises'. Time for something different, or at least a different cruise line.

The very same customers who were your best advertisers at one time, now have had it with all the scams, cutbacks, are very frustrated with customer service reps who are inconsistent and usually unable to resolve their issues, and the many rude and disinterested crew members who only appear near the end of the cruise when it's time to beg for a high rating so they don't lose tables or working benefits on the next cruise.

Royal Caribbean's reputation is sinking fast!

Dear Royal Caribbean,

Thanks for the heads up about the website maintenance, and while I have your attention I'd like to express myself:

IMO....get rid of the BOGO scam and go back to standard pricing!

Between the constant BOGO scams, the many unhappy cruisers posting one negative comment after another, C&A members bickering among themselves as to who is or isn't entitled to the few 'perks' that have survived the many cut backs....I've lost interest in cruising. So very sorry I got sucked into booking so many future cruises while onboard. No more future bookings for me...looking forward to seeing my reservation numbers disappear from 'My Cruises'. Time for something different, or at least a different cruise line.

The very same customers who were your best advertisers at one time, now have had it with all the scams, cutbacks, are very frustrated with customer service reps who are inconsistent and usually unable to resolve their issues, and the many rude and disinterested crew members who only appear near the end of the cruise when it's time to beg for a high rating so they don't lose tables or working benefits on the next cruise.

Royal Caribbean's reputation is sinking fast!

Amen! Now what is RCL going to offer me in 2017? ;)

After the update, I am not able to see Rccl.com (US page) which is the one I use to book my cruises. :confused:

It redirects me to the norwegian site (rccl.no) where I am not able to "change country" :mad: The norwegian site is no good for searching and I was not able to log in to "my cruises".