Royal Caribbean Website Update

Can anyone do a search on March 2015 cruises? I can't. It keeps resetting the date to April. It is literally impossible for me to find a cruise that sails this month.

It was fine for me. I was checking to see how the prices fluctuated for my March 15th sailing on Freedom just about a half hour ago.

It's crazy that some people can access things, and some can't. It's kind of like everyone complaining about the site before; I literally never had a problem with the site, a cruise repricing itself, or problems with the multitude of changes I've made through cruise planner over the last six months in regards to refunds or otherwise. I kind of feel lucky because the complaints are rampant.

Here's to hoping RCCL works out the kinks so everyone can enjoy the new layout.

I just went into the new setup and I do not like it. I put in my upcoming cruise and every time you click on a box it goes to update and goes back up to the top, so you have to scroll down every time that you click on the next box, it is annoying.

This is driving me insane. Every time you uncheck a box it shoots you back up to the top! Well what if I want to check/uncheck multiple? I have to re-scroll down? Quite frustrating. Otherwise, I find it smoother and the increase of options is quite nice.

I have to wonder how many of the reported problems are tied to specific browsers.

In using IE11 and the latest Chrome....I simply don't see 99% of the posted issues. In fact, the new stuff on the site works very well, and the new layouts on many of the new pages are welcomed improvements,

Can anyone do a search on March 2015 cruises? I can't. It keeps resetting the date to April. It is literally impossible for me to find a cruise that sails this month.

Magically, it just started working for me. For now...... :rolleyes:

I get 61 cruises found when I search between March 4 and March 31.

Its better now I am becoming familiar with it, but sad that I can get the info I need on the other site (the one most of us use to find ALL available cabins) in just 6 clicks, rapid clicks, I might add. In 6 I have all the cabins available, their pricing, the itin, etc. Just sayin...

The Itinerary Page is pretty but not necessary and wastes a click just for starters.

I figure I'll eventually get used to the new site. I have just one request for Royal Caribbean - Please add an option to put the number of cruisers in the search. We don't all travel double occupancy. The other lines offer the option to see the single supplement up front.

Glad you guys are getting to see the changes. The website wont even load for me. Just sits at a white screen and tries to load, stops, and tries to reload, rapidly......kind of annoying.

You may need to clear your browser cache. Try that to see if you can proceed.

Having just spent some time on the new site I have a personal opinion and a few glitches to report.

Personal opinion - while I like to see sites attempt to make improvements, I would surmise from reviewing the site and thes other posts that the IT team did not test the site for usability with a focus group of avid users like Cruise Critic. Site for now is rated by me as POOR.

Issues-

1. In attempting a simple search with a date range of May to June and selecting a single ship, Legend, the page loads the possible cruises, stays a second showing a particular Hawaii cruise and then on its own the page reloads to show 660 other cruises having nothing to do with the legend and the Legend isn't even in the selection criteria to re choose on the left. Happened two times. A likely bug.

2. Selection pop ups are much slower and if you are impatient and click again it then pops up and immediately closing assuming your second click was to by pass the selection.

3. If you log into My Cruises as most of us C&A users do, from there the same old menus and website shows, but there is no way from there to initiate a search for a new cruise. Under Plan a Cruise, not one menu option other than Short Cruises to search for a cruise. You have to go back to Home.

Upon viewing search results listed from selecting Find a Cruise by Locations and selecting Hawaii with the results shown, using iPad, any attempt to scroll up in the results lists immediately refreshes the list with all cruise in the results and it loses focus of Hawaii as location selected.

Royal Carribbean, I love the new website, but when I pull up this cruise, it says Nassau is a stop instead of Labadee. Can you confirm that the itinerary changed?

I will most likely cancel if we are not going to Labadee.

Yes, the scrolling down every time you add an update is annoying.

ANNOYED and NOT FEELING THIS......I quit and may try again later after I calm down. Besides that. still no sailings listed for May 2016 and beyond :(

So you meant to criticize his statement not mine??? I still think you were rather antagonistic with your coffee comment. I was only agreeing that I thought it was inconvenient and I didn't care for it.

I've practiced a bit more now and its becoming easier, but I still think it takes longer to navigate. And that is my opinion not a fact. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Don't blame me, you did not specify what you agreed with.

The only constant is change.

It never ceases to amaze how terribly some people take any sort of change, even minor stuff like a website.

Relax and enjoy life, because no one gets out of it alive anyway. :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

I apologize if this question was already asked but pricing now shows in USD.

With the previous site, it was always displayed in CAD for me without having to click on any other settings or options.

How can I change that?

Please and thank you.

I apologize if this question was already asked but pricing now shows in USD.

With the previous site, it was always displayed in CAD for me without having to click on any other settings or options.

How can I change that?

Please and thank you.

The Change Country field is now at the very bottom left of the home page.

If you're having a problem using Firefox go to the browser menu, open Options, and click on the 'Privacy' tab. Look for "You may want to clear your recent history, or remove individual cookies." Click on the blue highlighted "remove individual cookies."

Options_zpsrux8ilpa.jpg

In the search box type 'roy' and then highlight all the Royal Caribbean cookies that appear. Click 'Remove Cookie'.

Remove%20cookie_zps2try02rc.jpg

Is anyone else having problems with the filters for Military, Senior etc?

When I pull up all Caribbean cruises it lists 149, then I check military and it still lists 149. I know that there is not a military rate on all cruises.

The updated site works well for the most part on my windows 8.1 computer using IE 10. It doesn't work nearly well with my iPad Air tablet (iOS 8.1.2) using safari. When I make any update to the cruise selection options, the page reverts back to the top. Very annoying.

Like others have noted, when I log in, I am taken back to the old log in page. Unless you know to click the Royal Caribbean logo in the top left hand corner, you are trapped in the old site.

I am disappointed that there is not a way to save a search so users such as myself can quickly access cruises that we may be interested in, but not ready to pull the trigger on.

I thinking the marketing content has improved significantly with the changes. Much of it seems superfluous to me, but as an experienced cruiser, I am most certainly not the target audience. I also wonder what is the source of the reduced from pricing. I have been looking at Enchantment cruises for several months and the pricing has been reduced during that time period except to go up as far as I can tell.

I think it might have been beneficial for Royal to beta test the site with the younger adults that have served as panelists during its webcasts and classic cruisers such as pinnacles or upper level d+ers. (I suggested these statuses as a way for Royal to validate loyalty to the brand. A NDA would of course be needed.) I would imagine they did use new or target demo cruisers in a focus groups to evaluate effectiveness of the site, but I think more experienced web site users could have suggested tweaks concerning navigation.

Sorry to ramble on but I believe Royal was inviting feedback on the new site by notifying us of the web update via cruise critic.