Cabanas at Nellie's Beach Labadee

BillOh

I've been watching various threads and reviews, but the answer seems fluid, so I thought I'd start a new thread regarding Labadee Cabanas. I know and the website confirms that the Barefoot beach cabanas are for suite guests (understood) That said, if you board and they are not reserved has anyone, not in a suite been able to snag one?

But in the past year of waiting for my return to Labadee I've seen where Nellie's Cabanas could be reserved online, then later they haven't been. I don't believe you have been able to reserve a Nellie's Cabana online since at least 2/1/15. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will tell me.

Those of you who have gotten ones at Nellies, did you reserve at the Explorations desk as soon as you boarded? I may go there as soon as I board, and if none available, maybe check again the sea day on the way to Labadee. I've read a few reviews, but any pictures of the Nellies over the water would be appreciated. (or recent experiences)

I've been watching various threads and reviews, but the answer seems fluid, so I thought I'd start a new thread regarding Labadee Cabanas. I know and the website confirms that the Barefoot beach cabanas are for suite guests (understood) That said, if you board and they are not reserved has anyone, not in a suite been able to snag one?...

Don't know for sure Bill, but I suspect that suite guests and Pinnacle have exclusive access to reserving Barefoot cabanas until the day you arrive at Labadee.

We were on LOS in December. I was not able to book a cabana online ahead of time. I kept checking every few days. I even called a couple of times, to no avail. I emailed the concierge saying I know we are only in a Junior suite, but if there are any over the water cabanas available we would love to book one. He responded very quickly with the following:

"You are right we give priority to our grand suites and above however I would be happy to assist you in booking a cabana for you unfortunately there are no more over water cabanas I am sold out already I have only standard cabanas & hilltop cabanas, please let me know if you are interested in some of those cabanas, I would be happy to assist you. "

We opted to wait until we got onboard. I boarded early and went directly to the excursions desk. They had plenty of OTW cabanas on Nellie's Beach available. We were able to book 2 right next to each other.

There was a long line at the Excursions Desk upon boarding but we were able to get an OTW cabana at Nellies. We are D+ and in speaking with the concierge in the CL he said we should have e mailed him - didn't know:o

Our attendant got us wrist bands for the upgraded lunch at Barefoot.

Don't know for sure Bill, but I suspect that suite guests and Pinnacle have exclusive access to reserving Barefoot cabanas until the day you arrive at Labadee.

I wouldn't be surprised.

We opted to wait until we got onboard. I boarded early and went directly to the excursions desk. They had plenty of OTW cabanas on Nellie's Beach available. We were able to book 2 right next to each other.

Thank for relating that.

When I was on Liberty in November, I had been able to book an OTW cabana several months earlier.

Wonder why they changed?

I've wondered that as well. My only thought was too many cancellations or changes creating extra paperwork for them?

I've wondered that as well. My only thought was too many cancellations or changes creating extra paperwork for them?

From a business sense it seems inefficient to remove a method of reserving a high cost product as it leaves you vulnerable to not selling out. Not a position you want to be in for a product with limited quantities. I guess they are confident they will always be able to sell out at the excursion desk.

If the suite guests don't book ALL of the Barefoot cabanas, they are open to anyone...peon or not!!!

I was hoping that might be the case, but perhaps as one person said that may have to wait till arrival day. I'll ask when I get on ship. I wonder how often that happens. Maybe on days when smaller ships visit and they are the only ones there? I'll probably add this to my review when I come back ;)

From a business sense it seems inefficient to remove a method of reserving a high cost product as it leaves you vulnerable to not selling out. Not a position you want to be in for a product with limited quantities. I guess they are confident they will always be able to sell out at the excursion desk.

I see your point. Perhaps since they see this as an excursion, they tout the benefits of going through RC you can cancel up to 24 hours before the excursion. Maybe too many people were doing that?

We booked one at Nellies about 8 months before or cruise on Quantum last week. If it says "book on board" I believe it's because none are available. Barefoot Beach is GS and above only. Doubt there is ever a time that all Cabanas aren't booked. They are very hard to get. But I'd sure try first thing onboard in case something comes available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked one at Nellies about 8 months before or cruise on Quantum last week. If it says "book on board" I believe it's because none are available. Barefoot Beach is GS and above only. Doubt there is ever a time that all Cabanas aren't booked. They are very hard to get. But I'd sure try first thing onboard in case something comes available.

You could be right, but the preponderance of evidence seems to indicate a change in position by Royal. The people who say they booked theirs online did so many months ago. I've heard of many people for many cruises in 2015 say it was no longer reservable online.

You could be right, but the preponderance of evidence seems to indicate a change in position by Royal. The people who say they booked theirs online did so many months ago. I've heard of many people for many cruises in 2015 say it was no longer reservable online.

That's too bad. Do they still show up on the Shore Excursion page for Labadee?

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked our cruise for Feb 2016 (On the Indy) and it doesn't even list cabanas as an option. I emailed and they responded saying they can only be reserved at the shore excursion desk after I board, no online booking for the cabanas. Bummer for me, I would have liked to reserve it in advance.

I will keep checking from time to time though just in case :rolleyes:

I was wondering what is the earliest time I could board the ship, and book the cabana. Then I realized I would be on the ship at 12:00 am on the day of our next cruise, B2B 12-13-15 and 12-18. So the question is do you think we can book the cabana before we have to disembark on 12- 18?

We were on LOS in December. I was not able to book a cabana online ahead of time. I kept checking every few days. I even called a couple of times, to no avail. I emailed the concierge saying I know we are only in a Junior suite, but if there are any over the water cabanas available we would love to book one. He responded very quickly.

how did you get that email address??

I recently booked also and at first noticed them available and a day or two later they weren't. I'm told that when you board go directly to the shore excursions desk to book one. Also Im under the impression that the major suites get first dibs except for the handicap accessible ones, which there are only three. If you are booked in a handicap accessible room and need an accessible cabana then you must email the ShorexAccess@rccl.com for assistance, which is what I did. However I still have to report into the shore excursions desk to be assigned my cabana...I want the over the water accessible one. Hope this helps.

On ouir last cruise in Feb 2013, we were able to book a Nellie's cabana about 6 months in advance. I took a look today and, as previously noted, there are no cabanas listed on our Excursion book for 2016. I checked a cruise leaving in May 2015 and their excursion book doesn't list Nellie's cabana's either.

I just sent an email to RCCL to ask if the procedure has changed. I'll update when I get an answer/

I too would like the concierge email address as I am in a JS too. Hey, if they can help me, why not.

I also have an ace in the hole as one cabin of our party is in an accessible stateroom, and so we will need to book one of the accessible cabanas.

On ouir last cruise in Feb 2013, we were able to book a Nellie's cabana about 6 months in advance. I took a look today and, as previously noted, there are no cabanas listed on our Excursion book for 2016. I checked a cruise leaving in May 2015 and their excursion book doesn't list Nellie's cabana's either.

I just sent an email to RCCL to ask if the procedure has changed. I'll update when I get an answer/

This is the response I got from RCCL.

The procedure has changed.

Due to the limited number of Beach Cabanas, they can only be reserved through the Concierge onboard the vessel.

The Concierge does not take requests from shore side divisions on behalf of guests.

There are typically a limited number of cabanas still available at the beginning of the sailing. These are sold through the Concierge on a first come, first served basis.

Thank you and have a great day.

We booked our over the water cabana on Nellie's Beach right after we boarded the Liberty on the March 23rd sailing.

Here are some pictures of cabana #6.

Thank you very much for the post.