Water Saver Shower Heads (Cut back)

crazyfrazee

I have been a CCL customer for several years and still like them despite the cutbacks I've seen over the years. One cutback I've been watching for to be mentioned was in the water department. On our last cruise I had the worst shower I've ever had in my life and I'm over 50 so I've seen many! When I mentioned it to my room steward he said it was a cutback. He said that some people were using too much water. He wasn't smiling when he said it so knowing the sorry shower I just had and no smile, I took it as truthful. The shower head wasn't the metal one they normally had, it was a Walmart looking elcheapo plastic one with a plastic hose. I checked our other two rooms and they had the same. One had the water saver washer removed so it was a great shower. I've always loved their abundance of water in their showers until now. I took pictures and a video.

Anyone else notice the change?

Yes, they are beginning to change the shower heads out. We have noticed it more on Fantasy class and asked the Head of Housekeeping about it. There is a valve/gasket restricter added. DH hates them, not a biggie to me.

Oh, I too, hate to see that happen, as the GREAT showers are one of the things I enjoy about cruising. I know someone, Hint Hint, :rolleyes: who has been known to remove the restrictor washer from the shower, in order to get better flow, and more of that fantastic water. Maybe that'll be done by the person who has the cabin before me???? :cool:

"SKY"

:eek:

OMG :eek:

Say It Ain't So!

I'm never sailing Carnival again.

In fact, I'm going to write JH and tell him how the CC investigators are bring this to light.

They can't and won't get away with this atrocity

I am the queen of recycling and trying to save the environment. I do know as a fact that those shower heads end up using the same amount of water because people just stay in them longer. This is a lot like low flow toilets....people end up flushing 3 or more times.

I have the low-flow hand-held shower head at home so I'm used to it. I take the hose off the "hanger" & let the flow go over me in different areas till I get all the soap off. I might not like it if I didn't already have it at home.

We found this to be true on the Liberty also in September. But DH and I just took showers together so we conserved our own water. LOL

Ya'll must be real thin to both fit in that phone booth of a shower!:D