NEW Suite Upgrades....

Just boarded the Serenade in New Orleans. I found it interesting that Pinnacles had a separate room to wait in, in the terminal, but suites did not. Not a huge deal because they started boarding almost immediately after we arrived.

That is interesting - the room used to be for suites, Pinnacles and VIPs (not sure who those are).

What do the Pinnacle pins look like?

Doubletree Hotel name badges.

That is interesting - the room used to be for suites, Pinnacles and VIPs (not sure who those are).

Doubletree Hotel name badges.

FYI -

I am not sure who actually was in that room (Serenade Boarding - 11 April, NOLA) , everyone I noticed had mobility issues. But certainly not all the pinnacles were invited/informed.

The new Internet package is in place - gold card - Pinnacle/Suites do get free unlimited Wifi on the Serenade. Free pressing on first formal night. Breakfast in Chops....

-Holly

Wifi? Who me?

FYI -

The new Internet package is in place - gold card - Pinnacle/Suites do get free unlimited Wifi on the Serenade. Free pressing on first formal night. Breakfast in Chops....

Hopefully this is going to spread. Any other posters on active cruises that can report free WiFi for Suites?

I don't know about the reports, but I was on Oasis last week in a Grand Suite and there was nothing in the letter from the Concierge about free WiFi and I was charged for it. Maybe it is in place for Pinnacles only?

We are on Serenade, and my understanding is that the free wifi is for Pinnacles, not suite guests. We had a brunch for suites and pinnacles today, and one of the suite guests commented that it would be a nice perk for the suites.

Also, we are Piñnacle, and we did not have a separate room before boarding. We were directed to an area with a sign saying Pinnacles, Suites and Diamond plus. I did see the room you are talking about, and it appeared everyone in it had a scooter, wheelchair, walker or cane, so I do think it was for the mobility challenged.

The free wifi is a great perk. Thank you RCI.

Hopefully this is going to spread. Any other posters on active cruises that can report free WiFi for Suites?

This would be great info to put into a Google doc, similar to the one we currently have for Concierge/Diamond lounge info.

We will be on a back to back Oasis Class ship in October. We are in a grand suite for the first portion and a royal family suite for the second part of the cruise. Just to clarify...will it be available to you on your personal laptop in the cabin, or is this something that you utilize in the CL?

Nancy

I don't know about the reports, but I was on Oasis last week in a Grand Suite and there was nothing in the letter from the Concierge about free WiFi and I was charged for it. Maybe it is in place for Pinnacles only?

Sorry...just saw your comment...

Nancy

On the Oasis right now in a GS, and no free Internet for suite guests. I inquired with the Concierge and they confirmed that it is not free for suite guests, only Pinnacles. Definitely a bummer, but we love the lounge and meals in the Coastal Kitchen!

First, thank you for the many people that helped me with questions regarding our Allure cruise in February. People were very helpful and I appreciate it. Yes, we did eat during the day in the SB with baby, no issues whatsoever at all with that. We did confirm it is an all ages venue. Other than that one difficult post all others were answered in a friendly manner and we had a great time.

Our T/A is a very close personal friend and she was contacted by Royal Caribbean last week (she does a lot of RCI bookings) about a survey for suite guests. She suggested that RCI speak to me as well since we've cruised suites on numerous lines as well but our Allure cruise was out first with RCI and that they may want our impressions.

My T/A, myself, and a representative from RCI in Miami had a very nice conversation that was 60 minutes long. They did ask my opinion on various aspects of being in the suite. I related that the suite itself was very nice but the "suite life" was not nearly as good as NCL.

I was told the concierge will soon have their own dedicated staff to provide more efficient response to suite guests. These won't be butlers per se, but will be able to handle tasks more quickly and efficiently than the concierge.

I did state that on some evenings the CL was very busy, busier than we had anticipated and not quite the relaxing pre-dinner experience we had been lead to believe it would be. The response was that the CL's will all be rebranded as a suites lounge and that suites and pinnacle members will have access. Other loyalty members will have access to the Diamond lounges. If you are Diamond and above and staying in a suite you get both.

They are also going to be upgrading robes/towels/bedding in suites. They told me the brand name but I did not write it down and could not remember it. They will also be adding a laundry amenity for suites.

There is a possibility of some new, more expensive excursions being added and suites will have priority to book those.

Suites will not be getting drink vouchers, that is going to remain a loyalty benefit.

I mentioned other niceties from other cruise lines that were missing from Allure, such as a late night food/pool party (though I see why the layout of the ship may prevent that), cold towels and water when returning to the ship, and no suites access line for returning to the ship. Small upgrades that could bring the experience up.

I'll be having dinner with my T/A this weekend, if you have any questions please let me know and I'll try to get answers as this forum was so helpful for me.

Best-

Steve

Edited by PhDUnderTheSea

Here is the existing suite upgrade thread been doing the rounds for a month or so.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2178736

Wifi or not for suites would be nice to get a definitive answer on, as it has been posted it is already being rolled out on some ships.

CL becoming SL, following suit of Oasis, with Dedicated DL for D & D+

Any new info greatly appreciated

Thanks for update:)

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

Saw this thread on the main boards and thought I'd share it here.

Suite amenity benefits; new upgrades coming courtesy of PhDUnderTheSea

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46263032#post46263032

Thank you. Mr. Pompey linked me to here.

I will paste my original thread here.

-----------------------------------------

Our T/A is a very close personal friend and she was contacted by Royal Caribbean last week (she does a lot of RCI bookings) about a survey for suite guests. She suggested that RCI speak to me as well since we've cruised suites on numerous lines as well but our Allure cruise was out first with RCI and that they may want our impressions.

My T/A, myself, and a representative from RCI in Miami had a very nice conversation that was 60 minutes long. They did ask my opinion on various aspects of being in the suite. I related that the suite itself was very nice but the "suite life" was not nearly as good as NCL.

I was told the concierge will soon have their own dedicated staff to provide more efficient response to suite guests. These won't be butlers per se, but will be able to handle tasks more quickly and efficiently than the concierge.

I did state that on some evenings the CL was very busy, busier than we had anticipated and not quite the relaxing pre-dinner experience we had been lead to believe it would be. The response was that the CL's will all be rebranded as a suites lounge and that suites and pinnacle members will have access. Other loyalty members will have access to the Diamond lounges. If you are Diamond and above and staying in a suite you get both.

They are also going to be upgrading robes/towels/bedding in suites. They told me the brand name but I did not write it down and could not remember it. They will also be adding a laundry amenity for suites.

There is a possibility of some new, more expensive excursions being added and suites will have priority to book those.

Suites will not be getting drink vouchers, that is going to remain a loyalty benefit.

I mentioned other niceties from other cruise lines that were missing from Allure, such as a late night food/pool party (though I see why the layout of the ship may prevent that), cold towels and water when returning to the ship, and no suites access line for returning to the ship. Small upgrades that could bring the experience up.

I'll be having dinner with my T/A this weekend, if you have any questions please let me know and I'll try to get answers as this forum was so helpful for me.

Best-

Steve

Anything about suites getting beverage pkgs, like NCL is currently offering?

The OP did say RCI had no plan to offer drink vouchers to suite guests so I'm guessing they likewise have no plan to offer any free/reduced rate beverage packages to suite guests. :(

Not necessarily - drink vouchers and a discount on a beverage package are two distinct animals. A discount might assist with the lounge being crowded. From what I've read about the new drink prices, it sounds like Royal is really trying to get the majority of passengers on a package.

Steve - thanks for the info. I know most of us would love to know when Royal will be implementing these new benefits. I think it would be nice to have a "free" night in a specialty restaurant with a suite.

I would love to see them add a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant. A little disappointed about the wifi, but not the end of the world.

I hope when they do roll this out it's done fleet wide, and not only a few select ships at a time. And hopefully, in time for our B2B on FOS that begins Labor Day weekend. :D