NEW Suite Upgrades....

Heavy set guy, lives in New Smyrna Beach. BTW, Welcome back party was for all levels. Cut off for top cruiser recognition was 305 points. So close
DH is John D (I think Denton). He was on our 12-4-2015 EX cruise and we had some problems with the Internet and our toilet overflowed. He was really great about our problems and we got a day of free unlimited Internet (needed to keep in touch as DD & SIL were buying a house) and a discount for a future cruise. I know he wanted to be on a FL based ship with EX leaving FL.

Good cutoff of cruise credits for the top cruiser recognition. It usually is 340 or 350 points. We probably need to sail on EN before she leaves Port C.

We had GS on NOS last april and will do it again in 20 days, really loved the perks, special seating for ice show and other show and by the pool were great. We had a dinner with ship officers , now I heard its a lunch and of course the suite is really nice

We had GS on NOS last april and will do it again in 20 days, really loved the perks, special seating for ice show and other show and by the pool were great. We had a dinner with ship officers , now I heard its a lunch and of course the suite is really nice

Since you mentioned the Ice Show, I have a question regarding that...

When do you request those tickets? And where, at Concierge Lounge? Again our first RC sailing so the Ice Show for us is new, yet I hear it's a "must do"!

Since you mentioned the Ice Show, I have a question regarding that...

When do you request those tickets? And where, at Concierge Lounge? Again our first RC sailing so the Ice Show for us is new, yet I hear it's a "must do"!

It can vary by ship, but last time on Navigator we did not need tickets for the ice show. We showed our cards before the doors opened and there was a roped off area for "Gold Card" seating.

Edited by cricketts

Yes they've stopped doing tickets for the ice show (although that could change back... who knows).

And the Navigator went from Dinner with the officers, to LUNCH with the officers and now it's just a cocktail hour with the officers. OK more like cocktail half hour. Not a big deal and I would have preferred the dinner or lunch but they didn't check w/ me first!

Celebrity has some really attractive perks for suites. The RS and Penthouse comes with free specialty dining unlimited, and free beverage package (and I use the word FREE with tongue in cheek). JS and Celebrity Suite gets 1 "free' Specialty restaurant experience. Celebrity offers Michael's Club Lounge which is similar to the COncierge Lounge but higher end snacks, meals, drinks, for all suites EXCEPT the Sky Suite which is equivalent to a JS. They definitely upped the game over the Concierge Lounge. THey have butlers for all suite levels and as of this month all suites will be able to dine in the Suites Only restaurant, Luminae for all meals (available by invitation to non suite passengers dining with a suite passenger on space available basis for $50pp).

They really have raised the bar on the Suite Game, HOWEVER, the new suite pricing has been HUGELY more expensive than it used to be. I think it's funny that they really have been promoting Luminae restaurant as "locally sourced" and "meals available no place else on the ship" but then give the upper suites unlimited specialty dining. If Luminae is as good as they seem to suggest (and as I hope to find out in October), then why would unlimited specialty dining be so appealing? They're rolling many of the new perks out this month so it will be interesting to see the reviews as it gets settled in.

I would love if they could offer lunch in a specialty restaurant (like they do breakfast now) for those ships without a CK option. Probably could never happen because they're most likely busy with their dinner prep by then. The suite breakfast is one of our favorite perks.

A complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant would be nice.

We're actually pretty content with what they offer now. It could be made better if current perks were consistent fleet wide.

WE had lunch in Navigator last year, but only on sea days I believe , other days seating was still reserved to gold card but you would get food at windjammer, lunch was nothing that special and it was in Chops, which was also gold card for breakfast

Really hoping they up the suite perks - can't wait to hear what they will be. NCL does this VERY well with private butler and concierge, cappuccino machine in room, phone to use on ship and in port, snacks showing up every day and invites to many things.

We're in our first RCL suite on Adventure in a GS. HOPING for better perks especially since some are taken away sailing from San Juan.

Mary

We're in our first RCL suite on Adventure in a GS. HOPING for better perks especially since some are taken away sailing from San Juan.

Mary

What is taken away by sailing from San Juan? I'm curious because we're in a GS on Adventure in January.

WE had lunch in Navigator last year, but only on sea days I believe , other days seating was still reserved to gold card but you would get food at windjammer, lunch was nothing that special and it was in Chops, which was also gold card for breakfast

That's the kind of thing I'd like to see standardized across the fleet. CK aside, do suite guests get breakfast in a specialty restaurant or don't they? Is there lunch prepared, just a seating area, or nothing at all? What about shows?

I think standardizing things would go a long way to eliminating disappointment when passengers assume because they had something on one ship they'll have it on another. My last two RC cruises were on the Oasis and the Serenade. There are no similarities between the suite perks on the two ships. I knew that going in, but can you imagine the reaction of a second time cruiser who doesn't know about CC boarding the Serenade expecting the same perks they had on the Oasis?:eek:

If Royal Caribbean doesn't want to standardize things, then there needs to be a clearly defined list of the perks associated with a suite on each ship. That seems like a pain and like it would cause a lot of confusion. They should just do what I

say:D:o:D and standardize things!

Edited by Cindy

That's the kind of thing I'd like to see standardized across the fleet. CK aside, do suite guests get breakfast in a specialty restaurant or don't they? Is there lunch prepared, just a seating area, or nothing at all? What about shows?

I think standardizing things would go a long way to eliminating disappointment when passengers assume because they had something on one ship they'll have it on another. My last two RC cruises were on the Oasis and the Serenade. There are no similarities between the suite perks on the two ships. I knew that going in, but can you imagine the reaction of a second time cruiser who doesn't know about CC boarding the Serenade expecting the same perks they had on the Oasis?:eek:

If Royal Caribbean doesn't want to standardize things, then there needs to be a clearly defined list of the perks associated with a suite on each ship. That seems like a pain and like it would cause a lot of confusion. They should just do what I

say:D:o:D and standardize things!

Agree........we're just off 33 nts on Radiance. No area in the main Dining Room, a Specialty Restaurant or part of the Windjammer for Gold Card holders for breakfast and/or lunch.

Part of the reason for the inconsistencies is the size of the ship.

On Navigator, we had our suite breakfast in Chops Grill, but continental breakfast was available at the concierge lounge. On the Oasis class ships, the concierge lounges are much larger, so the suite breakfast is served there. On smaller ships, they have different arrangements.

You will find similar arrangements on other cruise lines. For instance, on Holland America, the lounge for the suites had continental breakfast, but the sit down breakfast was in a special area in the dining room on some ships and in the specialty restaurant on others.

Part of the reason for the inconsistencies is the size of the ship.

Understand..... but, with RCI, there are inconsistencies from ship to ship in the same class. Our recent experience was that Radiance did not offer anything other than the Continental Breakfast that is offered on all ships....and this is for D+/Pinnacle and Suite guests. Serenade and Brilliance have offered Gold Card breakfast in Chops and/or an area in the MDR. In addition they have an area for Gold Card holders in a small area of the Windjammer. Last year on Legend....a smaller ship than Radiance.....there was an area on deck 5 of the MDR that was for Gold Card holders for both breakfast and lunch. Very different experiences....:confused:

We are booked in the Royal Suite on Advenutre late June sailing. After reading some of the concerns over these suites on the board, I am hoping any extra perks may make up for a broken piano. :) Thanks for starting this thread. I will be eagerly waiting on the announcement like the rest of you!

We are booked in the Royal Suite on Advenutre late June sailing. After reading some of the concerns over these suites on the board, I am hoping any extra perks may make up for a broken piano. :) Thanks for starting this thread. I will be eagerly waiting on the announcement like the rest of you!

I hope you have a really wonderful experience in the Royal Suite.

The broken piano didn't bother us at all and only mention it in passing .Even after they fixed it I don't remember anyone touching it.Our problem was the broken spa and having the bathroom being pulled apart for days. And no one really caring that we may want to be able to use our bathroom. An "I am sorry for your inconvenience" would of been nice. Also wouldn't of cost them any extra.I guess we were to nice and just put up with it.So they didn't think they needed to apologize for all the inconvenience.

Edited by Jasp 0401

Can anyone confirm the chatter that Pinnacles and Suite guests will be getting free internet

There is a little bird chirping;)

Maybe one of the New Suite perks:D

Happy Days!

I hope that's not one of the possible new perks since the way it was explained it did not apply to all the ships and it was being given to diamond and above in addition to suites.

I was thinking the same thing about Haven on NCL until too things happened. First, I saw this video which show some of the weaknesses in the Haven. The small balconies and the fact that kids dominate the haven pool area are deal killers to me. Second, have you visited the NCL forums lately? Pretty upset bunch of folks about.

I did notice that the least expensive Haven Suite had a 32 sq.ft. balcony:eek:. I definitely will check out those complaints if I start to seriously consider NCL again.

I hope that's not one of the possible new perks since the way it was explained it did not apply to all the ships and it was being given to diamond and above in addition to suites.

???? Starting next week, the Legend of the Seas will have free unlimited wifi for all Gold Colored Cards, ie Suites and PC. This is also now available on Oasis, Allure and Anthem.

Heard that D and D+ will get more free minutes than in the past, but not unlimited.

This should be happening fleetwide soon, if not by next week.

Edited by Tagsalong

???? Starting next week, the Legend of the Seas will have free unlimited wifi for all Gold Colored Cards, ie Suites and PC. This is also now available on Oasis, Allure and Anthem.

That sounds better. I thought I had read on another thread that the change was ONLY going to be the newer ship classes AND would apply, in one way or another, to D and above. There was no mention of suites at all. Glad to hear I was mistaken.