NEW Suite Upgrades....

Nothing in life is free, all inclusive in the price Yes, but not free. All current sailings sold to Balcony or above in the UK included a "Free Drinks Package", but the price is much higher than similar sailings without the included free items. So I expect if the Suites are to included such extras, it is a good way of Royal ensuring they achieve a maximum spend per head.

The down side of this is that D members and above with an inclusive package are being asked to pay for some of the benefits they previously enjoyed as a loyalty perk :eek:

I emailed our travel agent and he said "I can't say for sure but my sources tell me the suites are now going to be a more all-inclusive package and offer extra perks like free parking. Don't hold me to any of that info. but that's all I got. "

it's not much but it is something

If RCI follows its recent "Sale" pattern then these additional Suite Perks will come at higher cost.

I only book in Suites and I wouldnt be the list bit surpised if the cost of suite went up from $300-$500 per night to $500-$800 per night.

RCI downfall will be if these additional "benefits" are something the customers wont want. As an example, my girlfriend and I dont really drink, we will have 1 or 2 maybe, in the CL but thats already pushing it. So if they made free drinks all cruise long as a suite perk and bumped the price up $50 per night, it would really upset us.

Of course they will be higher but majority of suite guests won't mind paying as long as they get premium services. Remember, they are trying to attract a whole new clientele base.

Due to the lounge overcrowding I see either bar set ups or yes, free drink packages. I personally would love this. Also-some sort of suite dining like a Coastal kitchen type thing fleet wide. At least that's what I think, who knows where they go with this. :confused:

Got a fairly good deal on an Independence cruise I just booked. I've been eying this up for the family and Moms first cruise with the hope that something good comes out from the new suite program. Can not see them excluding current bookings but at least I can scrap it in 2 months if this whole thing turns out to be a whole bunch of nothing!!:(

One thing I'm hoping to see is king size beds in the Owners Suites. The OS is the room size we prefer. It's funny how some ships have them and some don't. :confused:

I was looking at Navigator suites and having king bed in GS and queen in the larger suites does not make sense, I rarely will book anything that is not a king

I do not see how they could distinguish between new bookings and current bookings - especially if it is a specialty dining perk or the like. We have paid plenty for the OS on the Freedom for January 2016, so I cannot see them adding an additional charge to our booking. As we booked with a travel agent and have a contract, I don't think they can change our rate to higher.

Just found this online off a major travel website (not cruise site - a "brand" that writes travel books) - could RCCL do something similar? This was dated from March 2014:

Celebrity Cruises Announces New Luxury 'Suite Class'

Celebrity Cruises, one of the industry’s most successful premium cruise lines, is making a bid to compete with luxury market ships via its forthcoming "Suite Class" experience. Debuting on Celebrity vessels in April of 2015, the brand-new Suite Class offering will highlight several perks, including an exclusive restaurant for Suite Class guests and a VIP lounge where complimentary premium beverages are served.

So just how will Celebrity's Suite Class service compete with those all-inclusive luxury lines? Customers can expect priority check-in to speed up the embarkation process, and to have a butler on hand to greet guests, unpack luggage, and assist with any reservations or plans that need to be made. If you enjoy traditional afternoon tea, for instance, your butler will serve it in your cabin daily.

Suite Class will also include access to a dedicated private restaurant that will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The chef will prepare unique meals that aren’t available anywhere else onboard, and can even customize a special dish upon request. Plus, the ship’s head sommelier will offer the perfect wine pairing from a selection of more than 450 bottles. However, Suite Class passengers aren’t limited to dining just at this exclusive enclave; in fact, they’ll have dining privileges at all specialty restaurants on the ship.

On the beverage front, Suite Class guests will have access to unlimited premium beverages, and cruisers in the Royal, Penthouse, and Reflection suites will also get a private bar setup complete with water, soda, and beer.

Guests will also be granted other useful perks like unlimited complimentary Internet access and reserved theater seating. Individuals staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse, and Reflection suites will also have access to Michael’s Club, a VIP lounge serving food by Celebrity’s James Beard-featured chef.

Ultimately, Suite Class could be a real game changer, convincing many luxury cruise enthusiasts to switch their allegiance and give Celebrity Cruises a try.

I put in a 7 night, similar ports, same number of passengers on a Celebrity sailing in a suite and it was almost identical in price so Celebrity doesn't charge more than RCCL and is giving you more in terms of suite perks - MUCH more.

Edited by Sun and Fun

I agree. The jr suites have king but not OS?!? It's crazy! :mad:

Other than the money issue, another reason for me to not ever book an OS. The beds in the other cabins can be split into twin beds but not the OS. I usually sail with friends or family, not a significant other, and will not share a bed.

I just called to reserve a suite and changed my mind when they told me what suite extras were actually available. The reserved seating at shows was only on formal nights. The specialty restaurant was one time only. The suite restaurant was available for breakfast , lunch , and dinner. The perks didn't add much value to justify the suite price. I'll wait to see if they publish a list of suite amenities before I consider booking.

I just called to reserve a suite and changed my mind when they told me what suite extras were actually available. The reserved seating at shows was only on formal nights.

What ship was this on? This has not been the case on Brilliance and Liberty.

Just found this online off a major travel website (not cruise site - a "brand" that writes travel books) - could RCCL do something similar? This was dated from March 2014:

I put in a 7 night, similar ports, same number of passengers on a Celebrity sailing in a suite and it was almost identical in price so Celebrity doesn't charge more than RCCL and is giving you more in terms of suite perks - MUCH more.

Interesting to see very little difference in price between the two lines (same company) and if you factor the 1,2,3 Go Promotion from Celebrity, it often is less expensive than RCL.

Other than the money issue, another reason for me to not ever book an OS. The beds in the other cabins can be split into twin beds but not the OS. I usually sail with friends or family, not a significant other, and will not share a bed.

I thought the sofa opened up into a bed? If that's the case, do you really need to split the main bed?

On Radiance the bed splits into two twins. And we had an OS on Mariner that had a king bed. I don't think it could be split, but it was as large as any other bed we've had.

And a sofa bed is never going to be as comfortable as a real bed.

BTW I just noticed you have an error in your sig file.

"5/13, 5/14; Allure of the Seas 11/10, 1/14, Quantum of the Seas 11/14 (75)[/color]"

You have an extra [/color] there...I'll bet it's right before your Allure entry.

Edited by Cigar King

So, do we flip a coin to see who gets the sofa :confused: :D

Not It!!

anxiously waiting to hear the new suite benefits... have an OS for jan 2016 but waiting to hear what the new benefits before booking for Oct 2015